Convicted Celtic view photographer John Cullen finally identified

Habitual molestation, recurring sexual abuse within an sporting institution, deviant behaviour and lewd conduct by Parish priests. The more that unfolds ,the more disturbing it becomes.
The lack of condemnation and protection given to these organisations has become increasingly apparent, government officials and authorities have failed the victims and continue to apply a dereliction of duty to society.

Kids are a society's greatest resource. Kids are our future. They need nurturing, protection and education. Yet in Scotland, you get a greater punishment for shoplifting than for sexually abusing numerous kids. The perpetrators of these heinous crimes should receive a punishment that fits the crime. These kids will never have a "normal" life. They should never see the light of day for the damage they do. Enablers should also receive custodial sentences.

1. Torbett (Twice with another soon)
2. McCafferty (Twice)
3. Cullen
4. Known individual that we can’t name. (about to get another)
5. King
6. Strachan (Three times)

There are more enablers and others that we can’t name at the moment also being found, and also the directors who knew and said nothing.. Kelly and McGinn.
Father Michael Spencer who we uncovered last year who was linked to the club along with 4 other priests who appear on the list.
Then there’s the links to Bennell down south. This was a very well organised ring. The heartbreaking issue is that many knew and said nothing. The time scale is 5 decades.

I didn't realise when they were going after 10 in a row they were talking about former staff convictions.

The only time i can recall this actually being somewhat discussed on football shows was recently when they were able to bring in Rangers (and others) so it was a general problem and not focused on the bheasts from the east. It is a true scandal beyond equal in Scotland.

Spot on.

They avoided so much evidence to enable that Review to seem almost balanced.

For example, of the 6 mentioned above by BN94, only 2 of them were used in this review.

Meanwhile other clubs were brought in for paedophiles who hadn’t even been convicted.

And evidence proving the SFA President’s club’s behaviour in hiding a paedophile Was ignored.

Last edited:
Any reputable journalist with any respect for his or her proffesion would surely consider this whole cover up to be worth investigating.
The fact that there seemed little or no desire by the authorities to identify any of the many naked kids that were in the images is beyond belief.

Any reputable journalist with any respect for his or her proffesion would surely consider this whole cover up to be worth investigating.
The fact that there seemed little or no desire by the authorities to identify any of the many naked kids that were in the images is beyond belief.
I can assure you that there are journalists working on this. Marc Horne at The Times has never let it go, along with Adrian Goldberg with his recent film assisted by Spotlight.
We apologise that we can’t say more reference other journalists outside the UK. The apologists visit these threads and come in many forms. We will give them nothing. They’ve even come after certain members of Spotlight. We welcome the fight and will continue to state facts.
Once a certain trial gets underway next month then there will be more to come out from the press and Spotlight. Most of what you will see will be the research carried out by the Spotlight team over the past 2 to 3 years. We strongly believe that this can only get bigger. The world has to know what happened under the name of that club.

Nobody could say that Saville was there as an avid Celtic supporter.
I don't get the impression he was there for the football, I just don't think there has been any real investigation into his connection at Celtic park. He was a devout Roman Catholic and when someone with his now known evil actions, is seen at a football club that we now know about having Paedophiles employed, surely requires an investigation. I don't remember him being photographed at any other one. He is in one of the photographs on this forum with a RC priest who was convicted of child abuse, someone said. It cannot be coincidence, that he chose Celtic to be photographed with their manager and a RC priest. My own thoughts, right or wrong, is that Celtic are the tip of the iceberg and that more people in showbusiness and most likely politicians were involved hence the cover up and no investigation into Celtic. That way the damage is limited and contained and protects the guilty. We also know about Cyril Smith the Lib. Dem. MP and during that time, the 70's, a number of labour MP's were involved with PIE.

I don't get the impression he was there for the football, I just don't think there has been any real investigation into his connection at Celtic park. He was a devout Roman Catholic and when someone with his now known evil actions, is seen at a football club that we now know about having Paedophiles employed, surely requires an investigation. I don't remember him being photographed at any other one.

This has always been a major point for me.

CFC seem to have been the only football club that Saville appeared at.

And with what is known about both parties, there is really only one conclusion to be drawn from that.

Byline: By Grant McCabe

A PERVERT photographer was snared when cleaners at Celtic Park uncovered a bin bag full of photos of naked boys. John Cullen,who worked for official club magazine The Celtic View, took pictures of nude and semi-naked youths.

And he was snared after a hoard of the snaps were discovered inside Parkhead stadium.

Cullen's antics went unknown for almost 20 years, Glasgow Sheriff Court heard.

In May 2002, cleaners had been clearing out a storeroom where the 49-year-old kept his camera equipment.

They discovered a black bag and opened it to check if it was rubbish.

But they were left sickened when they found bundles of pictures of young boys. They showed the youngsters in various states of undress, with some completely naked.

Celtic chiefs were alerted and they called in the police.

Cullen, of Pollokshaws, Glasgow, was probed about the 250 pictures.

He admitted inviting the boys to a house in Glasgow in 1982 before getting them to pose for the camera.

The snaps were locked away in his Parkhead store-room for years with him thinking they would not be found.

Despite the help of Scotland Yard's special paedophile unit, the identities of the youths, reckoned to be aged 10 to 13, were never discovered.

Cullen was dismissed from Celtic Park in June 2002.

He admitted lewd and libidinous conduct and will be sentenced next month.

A spokesman for Celtic said: 'We condemn criminal behaviour of this kind.'

lSix years ago, ex-Celtic Boys' Club chief Jim Torbett was jailed after being found guilty of sexually abusing three young players in the 60s and 70s.

CAPTION(S):

SHAMED: John Cullen
Why were cleaners cleaning a cupboard full of camera equipment?

I can assure you that there are journalists working on this. Marc Horne at The Times has never let it go, along with Adrian Goldberg with his recent film assisted by Spotlight.
We apologise that we can’t say more reference other journalists outside the UK. The apologists visit these threads and come in many forms. We will give them nothing. They’ve even come after certain members of Spotlight. We welcome the fight and will continue to state facts.
Once a certain trial gets underway next month then there will be more to come out from the press and Spotlight. Most of what you will see will be the research carried out by the Spotlight team over the past 2 to 3 years. We strongly believe that this can only get bigger. The world has to know what happened under the name of that club.
Well done again, outstanding work and diligence by you GY and the others on the team on uncovering evidence, facts and getting with wider U.K. media involved in the investigation, fully get the need to keep things under wraps and out of the public domain prior to potential court cases and the rationale. As many of have said previously it is staggering the lengths footballs clubs, religious groups, broadcasters/ media and some in positions of power will go to to prevent things getting out and the reputation damage it may cause to theses organisations, the tide is turning and the dam is about to burst. Keep the pressure on them and keep up the great work you are doing.

Isn’t the point about Savile that it isn’t only at Celtic that he hasn’t been investigated it is all of Scotland . Yet he visited regularly I assume given he had a home here for many years .

why didn’t Scottish Givernment have these matters investigated by Police ? It’s simply unimaginable . Was he a different man when he drove over the border ?

I watched a video on YT about a serial killer. Turns out the monster was a paedophile too, and he admitted to buying pictures of abused children. It got me thinking about what this guy Cullen could have been up to. Was he posting those pictures from Parkhead to paedo buyers from all over the world? It had never struck me to think of anything beyond Cullen hoarding the pictures. Just taking them, and keeping them was bad enough. But it makes sense he was profiting off them. There were 250 pictures in the bag, but it's likely there were a lot more taken, and he was selling them to his paedo mailing list. Probably throwing the envelopes into Celtic's mail out tray into the bargain.
Celtic sacked the guy, and I wonder just how much did they know what he was up to. It could even be the names on his mailing list protecting him from prosecution. One thing for sure is a lot more went on regarding Cullen than what is reported.

It's highly likely there'll be a lot more as this looks like a huge network of evil individuals carrying out the most heinous crimes whilst being protected at the highest levels.
I'll have sleepless nights reading more about this

Habitual molestation, recurring sexual abuse within an sporting institution, deviant behaviour and lewd conduct by Parish priests. The more that unfolds ,the more disturbing it becomes.
The lack of condemnation and protection given to these organisations has become increasingly apparent, government officials and authorities have failed the victims and continue to apply a dereliction of duty to society.
It’s surely more than coincidence that Celtic Football Club as an historical beacon for and emblem of Roman Catholicism in the west of Scotland should share a grievous history of child sexual abuse with it.

Isn’t the point about Savile that it isn’t only at Celtic that he hasn’t been investigated it is all of Scotland . Yet he visited regularly I assume given he had a home here for many years .
He had an isolated cottage in Glencoe. God only knows what went on there.

I heard the charity that owned the cottage had trouble selling it because of its past.

So why haven't there been mass investigations by the Scottish authorities into what went on there?

He had an isolated cottage in Glencoe. God only knows what went on there.

I heard the charity that owned the cottage had trouble selling it because of its past.

So why haven't there been mass investigations by the Scottish authorities into what went on there?
It’s getting pulled down

Here is another photo of Cullen (On the left)
An interesting side note is that Cullen would arrange many Celtic quiz nights and these would include a certain guest
The very impartial High Keevins

He was very involved at Celtic - As well as the photography he would also do reports etc
Maybe one of the reasons that Hugh will not allow along with his bosses to even mention it

Randomly just drove past it half an hour ago. Still there but smashed up and a bit of graffiti though it looks in better nick than in the past where it was totally covered in paedo related vandalism.
I passed it last week and there was still graffiti on it saying ‘PEDO’. Place gives me the creeps, hopefully be demolished soon.

I have just read this story for the first time. I cannot understand how someone who committed a horrible crime on over 250 children can be given such a lenient sentence.

I cannot understand how they cannot identify one of those 250 children. Through his line of work it is clear where he would meet children.

I find it bizarre that Celtic miraculously found this bag and then reported straight to the police for a change.

Did they ever identify any of these children?
Is this scumbag still alive?

why didn’t Scottish Givernment have these matters investigated by Police ? It’s simply unimaginable . Was he a different man when he drove over the border ?
I said in a previous post about him, that he is a link between showbusiness and most likely politicians. If they don't investigate him, they can't investigate the rest.

Back