Coop ripped them apart, Durrant slots home and Aitken had to pay to get back in

The first live televised league match in Scotland ever I believe and was a Sunday, even better in the copland
Hearts v Aberdeen was televised the previous season.

What a goal, what an assist.
Natural talent in its purest form.
You can't teach a player to play the pass Cooper played, anymore than you can teach a player to be as cool as Durrant was in ftont of goal.

Hearts v Aberdeen was televised the previous season.

What a goal, what an assist.
Natural talent in its purest form.
You can't teach a player to play the pass Cooper played, anymore than you can teach a player to be as cool as Durrant was in ftont of goal.
I bow to your superior memory sir

I was doing a job In Pembroke, south Wales at the time & it was one helluva long drive to get back up to be at the game. All worth it in the end & if memories are correct I'm sure Ted McMinn had one of his best games for us ?

It’s not just the blind pass to Durant, it’s the way he gets the ball under control beats the first defender and then lays it off perfectly.

What a goal. My first game v the scum. 2 dyed in the wool gers men too, Davie Cooper and Ian Durrant. Must have been special for those 2 aswell eh

1-0 flattered them!.
I was in the Govan Rear with my brother,excellent goal from Durrant and the pass was sublime.
What I remember also is how dirty Celtic were and should've had at least one player sent off but didn't!!

probably one of the best passes I’ve ever seen, the camera in the Copland stand near the end of the clip shows it best, it’s pure telepathy

Cracking goal. Everything described in the title and the lost desperate offside appeal he usually did too!

I went with my wife (who had been before) and her sister and husband who had never ever been to a Rangers v Celtic game, to this day I have no idea how I came to get 4 tickets?. After the game the wife's sister and husband went on about it all night and for weeks, he said I knew it was special by watching the tv, but I never realised just how crazy the atmosphere was. Unforgettable they both said, always stuck in my mind even to this day when I see that game / goal.

How on earth did Aitken manage to maintain a football career for so long, a big lump of wood who got found out time and time again but was lauded by the media as a great leader and defender. Peter Grant was another who acted like a hardman but played to the mentally challenged gallery with pointing and blessing himself. We have had our fair share of players with limited ability like Kontermaan and Andy Halliday but we never put them on a pedestal the way Aitken and Grant were.

How on earth did Aitken manage to maintain a football career for so long, a big lump of wood who got found out time and time again but was lauded by the media as a great leader and defender. Peter Grant was another who acted like a hardman but played to the mentally challenged gallery with pointing and blessing himself. We have had our fair share of players with limited ability like Kontermaan and Andy Halliday but we never put them on a pedestal the way Aitken and Grant were.
For a “Celtic legend “ he certainly was shoite :))

I was in the Govan Rear that day. We hammered them. There was a bit of pressure on the team as we'd already lost 2 league games. Another player who had a good game that day was Csmmy Fraser, I think he hit the post.
I remember after in the game stuck in traffic on the Kingston Bridge and the Tim buses getting pelters.

I was about to start a thread on this goal and this thread came up in a search. What a goal that was, I would've been 6 I reckon so too young to have seen it in the flesh.

Bumped for your pleasure

I love that video so much, Coop standing there with arms open to celebrate with Durrant and he runs right passed him. Coops reaction is outstanding - like "%^*& you". :)) :)) :))

Back