Cooper Suite

smittbox7

Hello,

8 of us as booked into the Cooper Suite on Saturday, was just looking for some reviews/what to wear/not to wear/what kind of food do you get/what booze do you get free/have to pay for/do anything legends come visit, if so who normally/ any current players injured or that & any other general information that could be helpful.

Thanks.

Hello,

8 of us as booked into the Cooper Suite on Saturday, was just looking for some reviews/what to wear/not to wear/what kind of food do you get/what booze do you get free/have to pay for/do anything legends come visit, if so who normally/ any current players injured or that & any other general information that could be helpful.

Thanks.
Main door entry is always jacket, shirt collar and tie, The Cooper is excellent and you will get visits from ex players. Usually a a great atmosphere sit down meal , private table for your 8.

Walking in that main door suited and booted is some feeling.
Food when I done it was Fillet steak. Cardoso was injured so he came up and Bobby Russell worked round the tables too. Someone else was interviewed too.
Drink was all free but as usual at these things, it's not super market sweep.
Main stand tickets on line with 18 Yard line roughly.
Half Time pies.
We were there till just after 6 I think and left via trophy room.
A great day. You will love it mate.

Hello,

Thanks.

Do you know normally what ood you get? I heard you don't get spirits free, this true?
In the the link I posted above,it states that soft drinks,beer and wine are complimentary.
That would suggest that spirits need paid for.

Cooper suite is excellent.The only thing is that the seats aren't the best.When I went we has Willie Johnston and Colin Stein before the game and Tav after

Done it a couple of years ago. Fantastic day. Goin through the main door and up the stairs
Food was lovely, plenty of booze. Definitely saw a couple of guys on whisky not paying for them.
Definitely a collar n tie needed
Jorg Albertz was our ex player

Was in there for the Spurs game was told only beer and wine was free but I had a couple of Vodkas though I wasn’t charged maybe I just got lucky
I had my family in there for the Spurs game and they all had an absolutely amazing day. Also my mother only told me outside the stadium she’d had a couple of gins she hadn’t paid for!

Hopefully the tip covered any losses for the waiters / waitresses but they were all fantastic.

The two goalscorers from the CWC final and the current captain? Hope you got your money back :eek:

I'm thinking it was the day I was in it with my sons and daughter in law and daughters man. I know Willie from drinking in his boozer back in the day and had been drinking with him a few weeks before in another pub, told him I'd be in the Cooper suite that day and he said he'd come over to see us from the Govan stand where he normally hosted. Sure enough on the day him and Steiny (Willies name for C S) came in to see us at our table, fair made our day. The fact he remembered and took time off to come over to the Main Stand was brilliant and a measure of the man he is.

I was a bit unfair re the seats as it is a great day and definitely worth doing and if you're ever doing hospitality its definitely worth doing one through the front door /seeing the trophy room

....and Colin Stein's a real laugh.I was at the Nou Camp for the champions league game around 2007.Colin Stein was at our table for the pre-match meal-entertainment was a Spanish guitarist-he played a bit,asked for requests and CS asked if he knew the Sash.

I’ve never been to the Cooper Suite mainly because they state that spirits are not included, a group of friends went last year and a few were on gin and tonics throughout with no extra charge.

Slightly confusing as I would definitely give it a go if spirits were part of the package.

I had my family in there for the Spurs game and they all had an absolutely amazing day. Also my mother only told me outside the stadium she’d had a couple of gins she hadn’t paid for!

Hopefully the tip covered any losses for the waiters / waitresses but they were all fantastic.
We had a great day in the Cooper Suite that day third time and was worth it

I’ve never been to the Cooper Suite mainly because they state that spirits are not included, a group of friends went last year and a few were on gin and tonics throughout with no extra charge.

Slightly confusing as I would definitely give it a go if spirits were part of the package.
I think spirits have been removed from the drinks package at most hospitality levels at Ibrox.

Anyone have Club Cooper booked for the final? I was sure the dress code said smart casual but can't see the listings for the hospitality on the site now.

Anyone have Club Cooper booked for the final? I was sure the dress code said smart casual but can't see the listings for the hospitality on the site now.
Still have my E Ticket from being I it a few weeks ago before a game....specifically says ' Jacket & Tie' must be worn.

I was there on Saturday, a bit too formal for me, ran a tab and then the card machine wouldn’t work, offered cash, can’t take cash so nobody was paying which was a result.
The seats were absolute torture, I’m only just 6 ft but my knees are still aching as there’s no way you can sit properly in these seats.
Food was soup, Chicken, a dessert, pie and a pint at halftime and drink for an hour after the game. The hospitality at Hampden last week was better in my opinion, big leather armchairs right outside the bar area, unfortunately all sold out for the final.

What’s the problem with spirits not being available? Even if someone drank a half bottle of JD it would only cost the club a tenner. Not unreasonable given the £300 price tag for entry.

What’s the problem with spirits not being available? Even if someone drank a half bottle of JD it would only cost the club a tenner. Not unreasonable given the £300 price tag for entry.
Might be down to the nick some folk get themselves into :))

I was in the Cooper suite at the weekend, really enjoyed it and yes the seats were a bit neat but all the main stand is the same.

I enjoyed it but I was drinking Menabrea.

I think the question is how far in advanced you need to book it?. We are looking to get 1 of the remaining games in there but it seems fully booked until the split.

Wee story about the Cooper suite, a couple of years ago my Mum & Dad had hospitality in there so I drove them up to Ibrox, on the day it was absolutely teeming down with rain.
So I’m driving up to the main door and we’re not sure if they should go in the main entrance or another door, so as we’re driving up my dad spots Willie Johnston standing in a doorway just before the main entrance door (he loved Willie Johnston & Baxter), so he’s in back of car & he excitedly shouts “there’s Willie Johnston stop the car & I’ll ask him”.

So I’m like naw I’ll go out & ask him it’s raining, my dads like am asking him, so I stop the car, dad climbs out and walks up to WJ.
He speaks to him for a few seconds then starts walking back to the car and he’s in fits of laughter, me & my mum are wondering what he’s laughing at.

He gets in the car & we’re like whit you laughing at and he says:

I went up and said to him “Willie how do you get into the Cooper Suite”

He said “He just looked at me, smiled and replied…

Practice…Practice…Practice …Son..

No matter what else happened after that I knew Willie Johnston had made my Dads day in that moment, he thought it was hilarious

And they both said the food was excellent and the whole experience that day was amazing.

For those who do the hospitality gig, what’s the main difference between Club Cooper and Club Europe, pros and cons…thanks.

For those who do the hospitality gig, what’s the main difference between Club Cooper and Club Europe, pros and cons…thanks.
Not to sure about the suites you said but I done the Thornton suite in November and I think that would be very hard to beat

Not to sure about the suites you said but I done the Thornton suite in November and I think that would be very hard to beat
I’ve done that one a few years ago, it’s excellent, just looking for a cheaper option for an upcoming game.

Not sure which suite was called that I was in last year for the Dundee United game at home not long before the Europa Final but it was brilliant.
We were right in line with the half way line and the seats for the suite were the first two rows of the main stand,with the entrance to the suite a few yards from where our seats were.

First time I had ever done the hospitality(got it through a client in my brother in law's work),an amazing experience.

Club Cooper - Hampden Package
VIAPLAY CUP FINAL PACKAGE

£290+VAT pp.

• 10.15am arrival at the Main Stand Reception
  • Plated Breakfast with complimentary bar
  • Complimentary programme, exclusive prize draw and Rangers Club Legend interview.
  • Executive coach travel to Hampden Park, departing 1pm and returning after the match.
  • Match seat at Hampden Park (Match tickets will be given upon arrival to the Stadium on Matchday).
  • Smart casual dress code. No Sportswear.
  • On return to Ibrox, there will be a complimentary bar and meal for 1 hour.

Sold out

Not sure which suite was called that I was in last year for the Dundee United game at home not long before the Europa Final but it was brilliant.
We were right in line with the half way line and the seats for the suite were the first two rows of the main stand,with the entrance to the suite a few yards from where our seats were.

First time I had ever done the hospitality(got it through a client in my brother in law's work),an amazing experience.

That sounds like you were in the Chairman's Club or the Private Members.

Even the Members seating is slight to the left of the half way line as well. The Chairman's Club is the absolute pinncale of hospitality at Ibrox for me. The Members is slightly more relaxed and is nice if you're going regularly but for sheer experinece, I can't see the Chairman's Club being beaten.

Having been in the BSL as well now, the Thornton is looking slightly tired. It's still excellent but it's in need of a freshen up.

Club Cooper - Hampden Package
VIAPLAY CUP FINAL PACKAGE

£290+VAT pp.

• 10.15am arrival at the Main Stand Reception
  • Plated Breakfast with complimentary bar
  • Complimentary programme, exclusive prize draw and Rangers Club Legend interview.
  • Executive coach travel to Hampden Park, departing 1pm and returning after the match.
  • Match seat at Hampden Park (Match tickets will be given upon arrival to the Stadium on Matchday).
  • Smart casual dress code. No Sportswear.
  • On return to Ibrox, there will be a complimentary bar and meal for 1 hour.

Sold out
Thanks mate. Are you booked in it for the final?

That sounds like you were in the Chairman's Club or the Private Members.

Even the Members seating is slight to the left of the half way line as well. The Chairman's Club is the absolute pinncale of hospitality at Ibrox for me. The Members is slightly more relaxed and is nice if you're going regularly but for sheer experinece, I can't see the Chairman's Club being beaten.

Having been in the BSL as well now, the Thornton is looking slightly tired. It's still excellent but it's in need of a freshen up.
It was brilliant,I recorded a quick video of the walk from the suite to the seats that I sent to my old man to show him how good it was and was going to post it on here but it is too big to upload into postimages so couldn't post it.

It is really the type of experience you would buy for the season if you had the money,just waiting on that lottery win and I will be all over it :)

It was brilliant,I recorded a quick video of the walk from the suite to the seats that I sent to my old man to show him how good it was and was going to post it on here but it is too big to upload into postimages so couldn't post it.

It is really the type of experience you would buy for the season if you had the money,just waiting on that lottery win and I will be all over it :)

Take it it was a sit down meal you had? That'd be the Chairman's Club if so. The members is a buffet type affair and more relaxed like I said but still brilliant as an experience.

There's a huge waiting list for the Chairman's Club. It's basically impossible to get anything other than the occassional game by game two seat option for it. Would love to get a table of four as a regular thing.

Anyone know what happened with the Member's Club? Noticed it's not listed in programme's anymore and some members were moved elsewhere, like the Waddell Suite.

Take it it was a sit down meal you had? That'd be the Chairman's Club if so. The members is a buffet type affair and more relaxed like I said but still brilliant as an experience.

There's a huge waiting list for the Chairman's Club. It's basically impossible to get anything other than the occassional game by game two seat option for it. Would love to get a table of four as a regular thing.
We didn't get the food served to us,we had to go up to the hotplate to get served what we wanted so maybe not the chairman's club I guess?
I found pictures online and this looks like it

And this looks as though it was the exit that was opposite the bar that goes out onto the front two rows

We didn't get the food served to us,we had to go up to the hotplate to get served what we wanted so maybe not the chairman's club I guess?

And this looks as though it was the exit that was opposite the bar that goes out onto the front two rows

Possibly club europe

Club Europe. Club Deck, not Main Stand.

Back