COP26 preparations and Hibs, Hearts Brondby

Beansie

I have read and been told that the roads around SEC etc will be affected in preparation for COP26, in true GCC style, trying to find the actual info online is akin to hacking a Chinese government website.

Does anyone know if there are any closures during our home games against Hibs, Hearts and Brondby?

I have read and been told that the roads around SEC etc will be affected in preparation for COP26, in true GCC style, trying to find the actual info online is akin to hacking a Chinese government website.

Does anyone know if there are any closures during our home games against Hibs, Hearts and Brondby?
We play Hibs,Hearts and Brondby in October.
The COP26 thing runs from November 1st - November 12th.
Presumably there will be some disruption to our home game v Ross County on November 7th.
All according to Google :cool:

Also no trains on the sundays and more often than not the Republican underground shut early.Gonna be a right laugh.

The scum have had their home Europa League tie v Ferencvaros moved from the Thursday during the COP to Tues the 19th Oct at 1530. The police said that they wouldnt allow a home game in Glasgow on EL matchday 4.
I dont know if that’s a “special day” in the conference, or if they might look to make sure neither of us are at home during the COP.

The scum have had their home Europa League tie v Ferencvaros moved from the Thursday during the COP to Tues the 19th Oct at 1530. The police said that they wouldnt allow a home game in Glasgow on EL matchday 4.
I dont know if that’s a “special day” in the conference, or if they might look to make sure neither of us are at home during the COP.

The conference won't have started then.

They've been moved to that time by Uefa, as they don't want any matches clashing with the CL games which start at 5:45

The conference won't have started then.

They've been moved to that time by Uefa, as they don't want any matches clashing with the CL games which start at 5:45
They had been due to be at home on MD4, which is the 4th Nov. The conference is on 1st - 12th Nov. They had their MD3 and MD4 fixtures swapped, so we both would be home on MD3 and both be away on MD4. We cant both play at home on the same day, so theirs moved to the Tuesday, but an earlier kick off to not clash with Champions League.
The COP and the cops are the reason that it has been moved.

They had been due to be at home on MD4, which is the 4th Nov. The conference is on 1st - 12th Nov. They had their MD3 and MD4 fixtures swapped, so we both would be home on MD3 and both be away on MD4. We cant both play at home on the same day, so theirs moved to the Tuesday, but an earlier kick off to not clash with Champions League.
The COP and the cops are the reason that it has been moved.

Yeah sorry I just meant the kick off time is down to Uefa

As we get prefence for our home Europe league game and can't be played same time of a champions league game was mentioned

As we get prefence for our home Europe league game and can't be played same time of a champions league game was mentioned
I think my post has been picked up wrong.
Their home europa league game that was due to be during the COP has been moved so that there is no home game for either side in Glasgow on MD4. Does this mean that they dont want either of us to be playing at home at all during the dates of the COP? Or is it just midweek where they perceive a bigger issue?

Their home europa league game that was due to be during the COP has been moved so that there is no home game for either side in Glasgow on MD4. Does this mean that they dont want either of us to be playing at home at all during the dates of the COP? Or is it just midweek where they perceive a bigger issue?

It seems to just be midweek that's the issue. You'd have thought if our game against Ross County was a problem it would have been flagged when doing the fixtures back in June.

Maybe the Sunday has limited things on during the summit?

It seems to just be midweek that's the issue. You'd have thought if our game against Ross County was a problem it would have been flagged when doing the fixtures back in June.

Maybe the Sunday has limited things on during the summit?
I think the SPFL have been given the go ahead for a League fixture at Ibrox otherwise we would had an away fixture had Police Scotland had they say, League Cup Semi-finals have been put back by the looks of it 30th/31st October would have dates I would think and as we have seen there is no European games at that time even Scotland are away at the end of Cop 26 on 12th November

These road closures are a joke. The Clydeside Expressway being closed is seriously going to cause problems for the whole West of Glasgow, and put additional pressure on the M8.

Then if something happens on the East bound M8 the expressway is often used as a relief route, so any motorway issues are going to be brutal.

wonder if they will have enough police to attend the COP26 carry on as they will probably have most at Ibrox on Billy Boy watch.

That’s a lot of road closures

I assume this will be due to the numerous traveling dignitaries arriving in hot air balloons and riding bicycles to the SEC

Back