Copa America 2019

drgriffen

Argentina coach Scaloni has confirmed the team that will take on Colombia in tomorrow's Copa América match: Armani; Saravia, Pezzella Otamendi, Tagliafico; Lo Celso, Paredes, Guido Rodriguez; Messi, Aguero, Di Maria.

BrooklynBlue

Argentina coach Scaloni has confirmed the team that will take on Colombia in tomorrow's Copa América match: Armani; Saravia, Pezzella Otamendi, Tagliafico; Lo Celso, Paredes, Guido Rodriguez; Messi, Aguero, Di Maria.
Hmm, not sure on the midfield. I wonder if Di Maria will drop back for a 4-4-2.

Brazil dominating in the opening half-hour but still 0-0. I didn’t realize Richarlison was a starter.

Tite will do well to get through the tournament without a heart-attack judging by some of his responses on the touch line already.

drgriffen

Colombia XI vs Argentina

Ospina

Medina Mina Davinson Tesillo

Barrios

Cuadrado Matheus

James Muriel

Falcao

drgriffen

Yeh seen that. If he was in our price range I would love him at Ibrox.
If a player gets to Boca or River then they're out of our price range.

Last night I said if we were interested in a left back from Argentina then we might want to look at Claudio Bravo from Banfield.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/claudio-bravo/profil/spieler/441408

Previously I've also highlighted this Paraguayan left back:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/santiago-arzamendia-paraguay-cerro-porteno-tactical-analysis-statistics

buffalosoldier

Hopefully Colombia have an absolute nightmare of a tournament, bustups, the lot. The worse they do, the easier it is for Alfie to muscle his way in :D

BrooklynBlue

No improvement in Argentina, still unable to connect midfield and attack. Colombia happy to allow them possession knowing there’s little creativity and penetration.

dcbear

Di Maria is totally invisible. High point of the first half was Aguero's chance. They showed the Argentina fans behind the goal and there was a guy who must've been 40st in an Argentinian shirt. The size you normally only see stuck in their bedroom.

buffalosoldier

Utterly shite first half there. Argentina were murder. Not helped by the fact any time anyone goes within a foot of an opposition player, they throw themselves to the ground like they've just been sledgehammered and their teammates surround the ref demanding cards.

Say what you want about women's football and the quality of it, but I haven't seen an ounce of that shite happening in the world cup

buffalosoldier

For me, that's a red card. For Saravia to receive the same punishment for that action as you'll receive for time wasting or over celebrating a goal, is preposterous.

BrooklynBlue

Well, nothing's changed from the World Cup which is not surprising given the ineptitude of the AFA.

Argentina played too deep throughout the game, albeit a bit better in the 2nd half. Long balls to Aguero, though...

Unfortunately for Messi, his miss will be a focus. And when will Lautaro Martínez be given a chance!?

KL2

Superb 2nd half from Colombia.

Barrios completely controlled the midfield, MOTM for me. James Rodriguez brilliant as always at international level, great assist for the 1st goal.