Copa America 2019

Uruguay out on penalties, the only one to miss was Suarez.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

VAR does not fill me with confidence . More scope for games to be influenced for betting purposes

I'm a fan of it, but it has been dodgy in this tournament. A couple of decisions that those controlling VAR got wrong.

Becoming a bit too NFL like for my liking also.

VAR does not fill me with confidence . More scope for games to be influenced for betting purposes

Something ive been thinking about with the offsides. Just moving the frame a split second at the point the ball is played makes all the difference used to make the decision. Prone to (unconscious at least) bias.

Stadiums have been announced for the 2020 Copa America:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estadio_Metropolitano_Roberto_Meléndez

barranquilla_01488-e1526962960257.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atanasio_Girardot_Sports_Complex

36803202361_3c29d3540d_b.jpg

Seems an international trophy is the one thing that will continue to escape Messi.

Despite having Messi and Aguero they've not enough elsewhere.

Messi had a go at the officials after the game apparently. Having seen those 2 penalty claims you can't blame him.

What's the point in VAR if they don't use it?

Shocking decisions. We're seeing games disrupted by VAR for all manner of things yet neither was worthy of a look last night...?

Messi was right in his condemnation of the refereeing.

Last night's VAR incident all becomes a little more murky with reports that the VAR officials did advise referee Roddy Zambrano to take a look at both penalty incidents & he chose not to. The AFA likely to request to CONMEBOL what this communication was.

Was a great game last night. Excellent commitment from both sides. Argentina will feel aggrieved about the penalty claims. Certainly the second one appeared strong.

Im calling bullshit on that. The communist left will be making that shit up about Bolsonaro cause hes extreme right.

Apparently, there was an issue but it was resolved prior to the match starting (according to journo in Argentina). As you well know this wont stop the conspiracy theories going into overdrive.

More interesting are the reports that VAR did advise the ref to have a look. This should be verifiable as I'd imagine all communication is logged.

Tonight's game is too late for me, but I hope it's a great game. Will be some party in Chile if they make it through. :))

Apparently, there was an issue but it was resolved prior to the match starting (according to journo in Argentina). As you well know this wont stop the conspiracy theories going into overdrive.

More interesting are the reports that VAR did advise the ref to have a look. This should be verifiable as I'd imagine all communication is logged.

Tonight's game is too late for me, but I hope it's a great game. Will be some party in Chile if they make it through. :))
If the ref had given that pen infront of the home support, and they would have scored it, he wouldnt be getting out the stadium alive.

The pace and the route he took back to goal were just as bad as his initial rush of blood.

He couldn't even dive for it because he was off the pitch and had the bastarding post in front of him.

Easy to say now but I haven't been keen on him at all in the tournament.

Are Arturo, Gary and Alexis getting a bit past international fitba maybe ?

Alexis hasn’t kicked his arse in club football for two seasons now either. But he’s earning so much at Man Utd it’s hard to see where ge can go to kickstart his form. Maybe a loan.

Back