Copa America 2019

D9si3KNXUAI1Fwx.jpg:large

First half of the Chile v Uruguay game has been a bit pish. Needs a goal, or a referee who doesnt blow his whistle every time somebody falls over.

Another excellent goal from Cavani to win that game last night. I firmly believe he's been the best striker in the world over the last 5+ years.

His movement is unbelievable, not to mention the goal scoring record.

Another excellent goal from Cavani to win that game last night. I firmly believe he's been the best striker in the world over the last 5+ years.

His movement is unbelievable, not to mention the goal scoring record.

His header a couple of years ago in the Champions League was unbelievable. Ridiculous angle and made it look so easy.

Playing in Ligue 1 means he doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

Brazil v Paraguay quarter final just starting on ESPN + in the US..

No extra time (if needed) - straight to penalties..

This commentator is an idiot, so slow to pick up on what’s happening.

Paraguay building a wall as Alves places the ball on the edge of the 18 yard box, then 5 minutes later “ohhhh wait a minute, it’s not a penalty it’s a free kick”.

I'm watching on TSN with IPTV subscription..couldn't stand the ESPN commentary...

must be a matter of time now before Brazil score...

This commentator is an idiot, so slow to pick up on what’s happening.

Paraguay building a wall as Alves places the ball on the edge of the 18 yard box, then 5 minutes later “ohhhh wait a minute, it’s not a penalty it’s a free kick”.

Jesus has had a mare in the tournament so far, should have buried that close range change. Fans will be right on his back.

Anything less than a final appearance would be embarrassing for Brasil given how favourable the draw has been for them, and with home advantage.

Quite an interesting football background on the MacAllister family...
I remember watching Carlos MacAllister play for boca back in the early 90's, he now has three sons who all play professionally ..two of which are at Argentinos Juniors and they actually all played together in a Primera division match in 2017 for the club..one of the boys (Alexis) signed for Brighton for 7m in January 2019 and was loaned back to Argentinos, he's now on loan to Boca. ..

Interesting to see how Foyth handles right-back and the threat of Rondon.

I keep expecting Argentina to show improvement but it seldom comes. Venezuela won a friendly earlier this year and it was two draws in the most recent World Cup qualifiers.

Brazil in the semi-finals.

Back