Copa America 2019

Hopefully Brazilian nerves play a part, more likely to be a factor the longer it remains 0-0. And let's hope VAR does not become a talking point. Again.

Ah, well. Peru started brightly and a little more forward-thinking than anticipated. Undone by good play and poor defending. Lovely finish.

I'd say a pretty even first half, but Brazil do look like they have more players who can create something in the last third. Peru will be really disappointed at the manner of how they lost that second goal. They were in control of the ball and should have been able to see the half out.

1-1. Guerrero nets the penalty.

The additional VAR check was a total waste of time.

What's the process there - the referee doubting himself; being influenced by players; or someone telling him to double-check?

It was unnecessary and he spent little time reviewing it on the tv. All the while pressure mounts on Guerrero.

What's the process there - the referee doubting himself; being influenced by players; or someone telling him to double-check?

It was unnecessary and he spent little time reviewing it on the tv. All the while pressure mounts on Guerrero.

No idea. Could have been all or none of the above.

Game should be dead and buried. If Coutinho's decision making had been better then Brail would have some really good chances.

The more Peru are coming out the more space for Brazil.

Sat on the steps crying like a baby.
Willing the underdogs on here, big right back with a thunderbolt coming up!

Jesus greetin' :))

9s1YbjX.png

Penalties are an absolute shambles these days. This isnt improving the game one bit.

It was a really soft penalty too. All in all you’d have to say the tournament was a really poor advert for the Copa. Endless VAR, controversy surrounding the hosts, and to top it off most of the games were 90 mins of repeated fouling with little in the way of quality football.

I understand why Gareca started making the subs but as soon as he brought on the second striker Peru hardly got out their half. Pity as they had a real chance but they really shot themselves in the foot with some poor decision making.

Bet Neymar is loving the fact that they won it without him and his replacement was top scorer.

I’m seeing that Jesus is back on the pitch celebrating. Is that allowed after a red card? I always thought that meant you weren’t allowed back on regardless of it being a final/collecting a medal etc.

I'd really hoped that Peru would rise to this, especially after the last mauling that Brazil gave them, but tbh the longer the game went on, the less likely it looked to me that Peru had a clue about how to proceed.

In the last few minutes, jeez even just before the Brazilian penalty for their third goal, Peru were passing the ball about in their own last third, as if they hadn't a care in the world.
A distinct lack of urgency.

I'd really hoped that Peru would rise to this, especially after the last mauling that Brazil gave them, but tbh the longer the game went on, the less likely it looked to me that Peru had a clue about how to proceed.

In the last few minutes, jeez even just before the Brazilian penalty for their third goal, Peru were passing the ball about in their own last third, as if they hadn't a care in the world.
A distinct lack of urgency.

Coach fucked it. The minute he brought on an extra attacker they lost control of the game and couldn’t get on the ball.

Back