Copa America 2021 - Live on the BBC

8d29e294d29ffc6386d994ff4a3acb8b7d5284c6.gifv

Martinez (Villa) and Lo Celso (Spurs) take the number of EPL players to have won the Copa America to 9. Can you name the other 7?

Just read that Scaloni's last final as a player was for West Ham in that FA Cup Final against Liverpool in 2006.

You're correct.

Just checked the game and I've stuffed up.

Too early on a Sunday morning. :D
Yeah I can remember it I’m sure Jesus was sent off aswell, quite ironic considering if he never got sent off the other night I think Brazil would’ve won last night.

Ahhh misunderstood the question mate. Coutinho, Sanchez, Suarez and Bravo? Not sure if Bravo and Suarez were playing in the prem by then?

Suarez in 2011 and Sanchez in 2015 and 16.

Coutinho had left Liverpool when he won it with Brazil. Pretty sure Bravo signed for City after the 2016 final.

Just Alisson is correct.

Now having to check my list is accurate. :D
Pretty sure Ederson, Firmino and Fernandinho all played in the Premier League when they won the Copa America ;)

Ederson joined City in 2017 and won the Copa America in 2019, Firmino went to Liverpool in 2015 and also won it in 2019, same for Fernandinho who joined City in 2013.

Pretty sure Ederson, Firmino and Fernandinho all played in the Premier League when they won the Copa America ;)

Ederson joined City in 2017 and won the Copa America in 2019, Firmino went to Liverpool in 2015 and also won it in 2019, same for Fernandinho who joined City in 2013.

I really shouldn't post questions on a Sunday morning when I am still hungover. :D

I appreciate they would have got winners medals but they didn't play in the game so I didn't include them.

And to avoid me making a bigger fool of myself :oops: I'll list the players I thought was the right answer:

2019: Alisson (Liverpool) & Gabriel Jesús (Man City)
2016 & 2015: Alexis Sánchez (Arsenal)
2011: Luis Suárez (Liverpool) 2007: Alex (Chelsea)
2004: Kleberson (Man Utd) & Edu (Arsenal)

I really shouldn't post questions on a Sunday morning when I am still hungover. :D

I appreciate they would have got winners medals but they didn't play in the game so I didn't include them.

And to avoid me making a bigger fool of myself :oops: I'll list the players I thought was the right answer:

2019: Alisson (Liverpool) & Gabriel Jesús (Man City)
2016 & 2015: Alexis Sánchez (Arsenal)
2011: Luis Suárez (Liverpool) 2007: Alex (Chelsea)
2004: Kleberson (Man Utd) & Edu (Arsenal)
Firmino played in the final in 2019 Google tells me ;)

Keep digging B-D

Say farewell to 'he hasn't won anything with Argentina'

Say hello to 'aye but it's no the World Cup is it!'

:D

The fine margins that define success, Di Maria 1v1 buries it, Higuain multiple 1v1 in multiple finals - doesn't even hit the target...kudos to Messi for channelling the spirit of his old arch-nemisis Gonzalo in making a total mess of that chance at the end too! :))

Can't see any of these teams winning the World Cup for a while, I think the European heavyweights are quite some way ahead

Which European heavyweights? Majority of the 'big' teams were absolutely dreadful in this Euros.

Final wasn't a great game but for football's sake I'm chuffed Messi finally got his hands on an international trophy.

7th Ballon d'Or incoming...

Not sure why tonight would swing it in his favour. His big moment came, and he shat his pants.

The likes of Lewandowski should still be in front of him.

Explain?

This year (Ballon d'Or is calendar year), Messi has outscored him, more assists, more MOTM awards, international trophy, domestic club trophy. Literally the biggest carry job in football.

Which European heavyweights? Majority of the 'big' teams were absolutely dreadful in this Euros.

Final wasn't a great game but for football's sake I'm chuffed Messi finally got his hands on an international trophy.

7th Ballon d'Or

7th Ballon d'Or incoming...
Italy, England, France, Spain to name a few

Italy, England, France, Spain to name a few
They all have their flaws too though just like Brazil & Argentina, Spain and Italy lack a world class no.9 (like Brazil), England midfield struggles against better opposition to control the game and frankly it looks like France have far too many egos battling to be the 'star' for a healthy team dynamic.

Qatar 2022 is wide open right now, also all these teams still have to qualify yet!

Back