Copa America 2021 - Live on the BBC

Sometimes it's just not meant to be:

12/06: Monagas LB Oscar González (Venezuela) is called up to the national team but can’t fly due to an expiring passport

13/06: Assists twice in 4-0 win vs. UCV

14/06: Travels to Caracas to renew passport

15/06: Has new passport but tests positive for COVID

Italian club AC Perugia are holding tryouts in Caracas on 03 & 04 July for players born between 2002-2007.

Just shows how far clubs are going to find talent, these days.

Chile take on Bolivia on Friday afternoon (5pm in Chile) in the Copa America in Brazil, but they will not be displaying the Nike logo on their kit following a dispute between the ANFP (Chilean FA) and the American multinational.

The ANFP and Nike agreed a $7m USD a year deal in 2015. Nike told the ANFP they will not pay in full for the year JULY 2019 - JULY 2020 as Chile broke the contract by not fulfilling enough fixtures in that year.

During this time period they've had a social uprising and Covid-19.

The case is currently going through the courts with various disputes over the actual details of the contracts. The contracts were signed in 2015 by the president Sergio Jadue.

Colombia winning by a couple tonight, if he don’t see Alfie in some sort then I will riot.

Italian club AC Perugia are holding tryouts in Caracas on 03 & 04 July for players born between 2002-2007.

Just shows how far clubs are going to find talent, these days.

A life-changing opportunity for many families. Let's hope they're not being taking advantage of.

From a footballing perspective, it's a great move by Perugia. There will be so much talent.

A life-changing opportunity for many families. Let's hope they're not being taking advantage of.

From a footballing perspective, it's a great move by Perugia. There will be so much talent.

Indeed. It's scary to imagine how bad things are in Venezuela so hopefully some good can come from this.

Since we seem to be starting partnerships with a number of clubs I'd love to see us start one with a team in Ven, Col or Ecu.

Wolves' technical director Scott Sellars on the impact Brexit will have on the transfer market, particularly in relation to South America.

E4GsuurXoAEhQwL

Quite gutted now.

Yeah, really disappointing. Doubt Morelos will be taking it well.

If you haven't seen Jaminton Campaz then he is worth keeping an eye on (for the future).

Was going to put on my Morelos 19, Colombia strip but after their choice to drop him they can ram it.

Any reason he's not even in the squad?

Zapata and Muriel are better players and play together at Atalanta.

I assume he wants his other forwards to have more workrate. For example, Morelos is a better finisher than Borre, but he is a much harder worker (think a better version of Kenny Miller).

Zapata and Muriel are better players and play together at Atalanta.

I assume he wants his other forwards to have more workrate. For example, Morelos is a better finisher than Borre, but he is a much harder worker (think a better version of Kenny Miller).
I’m not mad keen on RSB.

The weird thing about Colombia, their strikers all have really poor goal records for them.

I include Alfie in that.

Watched the Columbia game last night. My god.....they are really really bad, they didn't have a shot on target until the 89th minute.

Watched the Columbia game last night. My god.....they are really really bad, they didn't have a shot on target until the 89th minute.
Don’t think that’s true, as I distinctly remember Zapata having one that he should have scored in the first half saved.

Just checked the stats, and they actually had more SOT in the first half, rather than the second half to be fair.

Don’t think that’s true, as I distinctly remember Zapata having one that he should have scored in the first half saved.

Just checked the stats, and they actually had more SOT in the first half, rather than the second half to be fair.
I didn't see it all, I stuck it in about the 60 min Mark, the commentary mentioned that the shot on target in the 89th minute was the first he could recall.

Back