Copa Libertadores 2018

So River win it on the pitch, if Boca win it in the courts they can then argue until the end of time as to the true champion.

Wow. WOW.
THAT was a spectacle.:eek:
Loved every minute.
People talk about the diving and cheating in Sth America but IMO there is more now in British football.
For what was at stake it was played in a great spirit.

So River win it on the pitch, if Boca win it in the courts they can then argue until the end of time as to the true champion.
Boca don't and never did have a leg to stand on. Their CAS appeal is laughable and embarassing in equal measures. But I expect nothing less from that club.

So River deservedly win the game especially when they didn't get the same advantage as Boca did with the home game.

Imagine the anguish of the Boca fans having to fly home. The equivalent of losing the Champions League final against the tims in Johannesburg and having to fly back to Glasgow.

That would be brutal.

Remember a few pages back, the drama queens telling us it wasn't worth watching now?

I wanted Boca to win, but their actions were a complete letdown after the postponed game.

Brilliant from River and well deserved, have to say I'm a bit disappointed in the 3rd goal though.
Imagine having that moment in history in front of the opposition fans, after everything that has happened and not utterly rubbing their noses in it?

I'd have farted it over the line :D

Now that River have won this fair and square on the field of play, let the Boca lawyers get working to try and earn something they don’t deserve.

Remind us of anyone. :rolleyes:
I really hope they don't!
At the end of the day the game was won fair and square as you say.
The whole escapade certainly was an entertainment!

Boca fans will not get over that for years. That's a sore final to lose, to your greatest rivals. Ouch.

Well done River Plate, must be an awesome feeling for those fans right now. Sheer euphoria.

Losing the SuperCopa earlier in the year was bad enough. This will be even worse. Gallardo triumphs over Schelotto again - this will be why the Boca manager is unlikely to get his contract renewed shortly.

I would imagine Gallardo will soon move to Europe.

Boca don't and never did have a leg to stand on. Their CAS appeal is laughable and embarassing in equal measures. But I expect nothing less from that club.

Don’t know if you listen to the world football phone in on 5live but the ever excellent Tim Vickery believes they do have a case.

Don’t know if you listen to the world football phone in on 5live but the ever excellent Tim Vickery believes they do have a case.
Listen to it sometimes.

I certainly don't agree with Vickery on this occasion. Not at all.

Didn't see any of the winning team taunt the losers or their fans maybe a few teams closer to home could adopt that.

That was pure football drama.

Wonderful stuff.

Massive final with two ancient rivals who utterly hate each other.

Brilliant viewing :D

Back