Copa Libertadores 2018

Out with our collective passion for Rangers, this has been the most enjoyable and informative thread on FF for quite a while. Every time I opened it I learned something more about football's most neglected (well it was until the last month!) international tournament. And while I'm at it, the sister thread "Argieball" is a similarly superb education as to the football fanaticism of a people engrossed in the game almost as much as us.

Whilst your questions can at times be extremely esoteric :D, your contributions on the respective threads are always highly appreciated.:)

Just a final question on this edition of the CL. Have River headed straight to the Middle East for the WCC? And any news on Boca's return to Buenos Aires?

Just a final question on this edition of the CL. Have River headed straight to the Middle East for the WCC? And any news on Boca's return to Buenos Aires?

They flew there today.

Squad making the trip:

DuFd3pYX4AIzqxe.jpg:large

Boca flew back Monday. All the talk with them is who is going to be the manager and will Tevez and Gago retire.

Tonight sees the conclusion of the Sudamericana with the second leg of the final between Atletico PR and Atletico Junior. The first leg finished 1-1.

DuNxooWW4AEbOMx.jpg:large

The league was based on playing each team once so this season Boca hosted the Superclasico in the Bombonera. The other matches:

Libertadores (Bombonera and Bernabeu)

Torneos de Verano - This is a pre-season tournament played in Mar del Plata:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torneos_de_Verano_(Argentina)

Argentine Supercup which was played in a neutral venue (Mendoza).
Cheers

Mental they only play once in the league

Can you imagine that for us and we played that game at their shithole

Cheers

Mental they only play once in the league

Can you imagine that for us and we played that game at their shithole

They're heading towards having a home and away league but they need to reduce the numbers. Currently 26.

It does lead to a potential skewing of the league due to the difficulty of your away games - not the same for everyone.

Back