Copa Libertadores 2018

Disaster.

1-0 Junior from a penalty, which was tipped onto the post before the follow-up is put in. Never a penalty, though. Poor decision. Junior players really love to roll around.

Disaster.

1-0 Junior from a penalty, which was tipped onto the post before the follow-up is put in. Never a penalty, though. Poor decision. Junior players really love to roll around.

I wont see the second half but this could be a defining moment for this Boca team. Go out and who gets more stick: Tevez or GBS?

Enjoy the second half.:)

I wont see the second half but this could be a defining moment for this Boca team. Go out and who gets more stick: Tevez or GBS?

Enjoy the second half.:)

I didn't see the pre-match warm-up but coverage being given to Tevez' refusal to shake hands with Teo Gutiérrez, ex-Racing and River player.

If all else fails on the field, a gesture like that always helps with the support... GBS has little to back him up when crashing out before the final round of games. It's been an unimpressive few months at Boca.

I can be harsh on keepers but was he not a bit slow up?

Perhaps, I never really thought of that. I was cursing the lack of any outfield Boca player trying to put in a challenge.

EDIT: 1-1. Own goal, headed deflection from free-kick. Boca have started brightly. An open game, very enjoyable.

Last edited:
Perhaps, I never really thought of that. I was cursing the lack of any outfield Boca player trying to put in a challenge.

EDIT: 1-1. Own goal, headed deflection from free-kick. Boca have started brightly. An open game, very enjoyable.
Aye, that too from a Boca perspective. Lad had go quite wide. At least you’re on terms now.

Tonight's games:

DcRnB2VXUAAwnfu.jpg:large

DcR2QeNW4AAexkl.jpg:large

DcN8sGPWkAE936P.jpg:large

DbypqSHWAAEyvAP.jpg:large

Big game for River Plate in Colombia tonight - a defeat may require them to win vs. Flamengo in the final round of games.

Also hoping for Racing to take at least a point which would likely ensure passage into the knock-out stages.

Famous last words, but I'd fancy River to get points from their last two games. Same goes for Racing.

Still plenty to play for in most groups as only two teams, so far, are guaranteed to qualify for the knockout stages.

Another home defeat for The Strongest in La Paz! I bet Libertad were a big price on the bookies :cool:

Going to plan so far - Boca convincing 4-0 leaders at half-time and goalless in Brazil.

Stats, though, suggest Junior are pushing for a goal.

Universidad have been on a horrendous run lately. Can't mind the last game they won.

Thanks for the video. They do like their big entrances for the important matches in South America.

Of the little I've read about Chilean football, at the moment, journos haven't been impressed with the form of their teams.

The first time ever 6 Argentine sides have made it through. A good chance that River will draw one of their compatriots - already talk of Boca and it was mentioned to Pavon + Armani during press conference at Ezeiza.

There will certainly be plenty of Brazil v Argentina matches.

Unfortunately, a lot will depend on which clubs lose the most players.

Draw is on the 4th June.

Reminder that the draw for the last 16 of the Libertadores takes place this evening. Winners on the left v runners-up on the right. Should be some tasty ties (potential Superclassico):

De2NRJbWsAEf_Il.jpg:large

Boca have to be pleased coming out on the side of the draw. Not easy, of course.

Libertad are managed by Aldo Bobadilla, who played keeper for Boca in 2006.

Exciting draw all round. Could throw up some huge QFs.

Boca have to be pleased coming out on the side of the draw. Not easy, of course.

Libertad are managed by Aldo Bobadilla, who played keeper for Boca in 2006.

Exciting draw all round. Could throw up some huge QFs.

Unfortunately, as you know, a lot will depend on the upcoming transfer window: who will lose more of their better players without being able to replace them. Heard any more about Boca getting Pussetto? Looks a really good prospect.

Could be a tough game for Boca. Whenever I saw Libertad they looked a good, well organised team.

Potential Avellaneda classico - probably means both will get knocked out this round. :D

CONMEBOL confirm that the 2019 Libertadores final will be a one-off match rather than the usual two-legged affair.

Wee bump for the Libertadores thread as the last 16 commences at the start of August. Some cracking ties to look forward to:

DiLE9tZW4AE8aNS.jpg:large

Who do we see progressing? My selections in bold:

Racing - River
Colo-Colo vs. Corinithians
Flamengo
vs. Cruzeiro
Estudiantes vs. Gremio
Boca Juniors
vs. Libertad
Tucuman vs. Atlético Nacional
Porteño
vs. Palmeiras