Copa Libertadores 2018

One game in neutral venue would have been easier to police than two games in Buenos Aires surely? Doubt the governing bodies would care about trouble away from the ground. It would have been easier to keep the players safe and thus the game being played.
You’d think so but it really wouldn’t ! Imagine these 2 travelling to Rio with full support !!! Carnage on a mind boggling scale !

Boca President Daniel Angelici met with the players and the coaching staff this morning.

Following the meeting, Olé newspaper report the players/manager will play the game, if ordered to. One of the concerns is how harsh the penalties would be if they didn't.
Play the game in BA?

If they say Bernabeu on Saturday I’m going to Madrid. Even with no ticket the place will be bonkers. Plus I love going to Madrid anyhow :D BB / DrG pleeeeeease let us know as soon as you hear anything. Or PM me lol I’m right up for going. Flights have been sourced :p

If they say Bernabeu on Saturday I’m going to Madrid. Even with no ticket the place will be bonkers. Plus I love going to Madrid anyhow :D BB / DrG pleeeeeease let us know as soon as you hear anything. Or PM me lol I’m right up for going. Flights have been sourced :p

This journo, Casar, is saying if it is to be played then it will be at the Bernabeu on the 9th. Reason I highlight him is that he apparently has good connections at CONMEBOL. Obviously, this isn't 100%.

There will be an official announcement shortly.

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/2197523-destino-impensado-final-copa-libertadores-se-jugara

Really bizare circumstances to move the game away to a different continent ffs.

I only hope its ko time is beer oclock on a sat evening?

Moving the venue to me in utter bullsh*t.

Takes away home advantage for one team shouldn't be on imo.

Surely there should be some sort of punishment though?

Boca president Daniel Angelici speaking to the press: "We don't accept playing any game, in 2015 we were disqualified for the same. There are precedents for what we are requesting & so we wait calmly for the outcome of the tribunal."

Has there been previous for this? If so, if the precedent has been set then they should stick to that.

Surely there should be some sort of punishment though?

Has there been previous for this? If so, if the precedent has been set then they should stick to that.

If you read the discussion between myself and Brooklyn over pages 38 and 39 (I think) then you will see why I don't believe a precedent was set - the incident with Boca fans was inside the ground and premeditated. For me, the attack on the Boca bus was spontaneous and away from the ground. That being the case I don't think the punishments should be the same.

❌Boca's claim for a walkover rejected
Final to be held in Madrid
River to get a $400,000 fine
plus 2 intl games behind closed doors in 2019

#CopaLibertadoresFinal

On the plus side we have a date and time!
Sunday 9 December, Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid. 20:30 / 16:30

19.30pm UK Time

Has this been agreed with both Boca and River?
or is there likely to be further appeals/disputes over it?
Boca any punishment? (Rumours that some players including Tevez were to be suspended ??

Fucking shameless tbh..

They'll both make a bomb and turn their backs on everything they claim to stand for back home.
Sold their soul the pair of them.

Superb

Highlights of the Sudamericana semi-final second leg between Fluminense and Atletico PR (0-2 in the first leg):

Second semi final between Atletico Jr and Santa Fe (2-0) tonight.

Last edited:
The first leg appears to have been erased from history as CONMEBOL romote the upcoming game:

DtM_fC3WsAAxV1y.jpg

Has this been agreed with both Boca and River?
or is there likely to be further appeals/disputes over it?
Boca any punishment? (Rumours that some players including Tevez were to be suspended ??

FFS, and Boca appeal the decision. :D

Apologies I thought it was all agreed as they have booked rooms, CONMEBOL are advertising the game and every journo has said it is a goer. Welcome to Argentinian football. :D

DtNMb9TXcAARt1b.jpg

Spanish police fighting with Argentina football hooligans. Be interesting to see.
The Ultimate World Championship for the self centred exploiters of the game (The Drunkards and the 12) to take on no-nonsense hooligans in the uniform of the Guardia Civil. Let's hope its an all in, participant oriented, no holds barred, encounter.

Ridiculous.

Would be like us having played a Champions League final first leg at the Piggery and then on the return leg at Ibrox, some trouble away from the ground and then having to play the second leg in Tokyo.

Just wrong on all fronts. Game should have been held in BA as planned. Moving to a different continent is completely unnecessary and a massively over the top over-reaction. Makes a mockery of the whole thing.

This is how Copa Libertadores tickets will be portioned out:

- 5000 tickets each for River and Boca
- 20,000 general sale tickets with priority to Argentine residents in Spain
- 6000 corporate/courtesy
- 40,000 tickets for the general public

The 60,000 RP fans that had tickets to the 2nd leg should be given first dibs on tickets.

There's approximately 250,000 thousand Argentines in Spain. Boca has five supporters club (Barcelona-Andorra, Valencia, Madrid, Barcelona and Mallorca) and River, four (Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia and Malaga).

Apparently the call centre at the Spanish FA crashed due to the amount of calls coming in from (presumably) Argentines across Europe.

CONMEBOL (as the organizer of the competition), the Royal Spanish Football Federation (in charge of organizing the event) and Real Madrid (owner of the stadium) will co-ordinate with the ticket logistics.

They will try to offer initial priority to River fans who had tickets for the Monumental. Ticket sales in Argentina will be handled by IMG.

According to Clarin newspaper, 10,500 will go to both clubs to be sold on a first-come basis.

Prices 80-300 Euros.

River players get screwed in this as they have to play 90 minutes with big disadvantage of no fans supporting them in the first leg but Boca get fans at the river "home game".

A home game being played thousands of miles from home.

River should be telling them to screw the plans.

River players get screwed in this as they have to play 90 minutes with big disadvantage of no fans supporting them in the first leg but Boca get fans at the river "home game".

A home game being played thousands of miles from home.

River should be telling them to screw the plans.
Agreed mate.

It's like us playing a CL Final first leg against the bheasts at their place and then being denied home advantage in the second leg - and being told it's being moved to Asia. Whole thing stinks.

Hope River destroy them.

Back