Copa Libertadores 2018

He's waiting to see whether he'll be allowed to travel - he's appealed the original decision saying he can't due to being linked to a kidnapping and two murders. Even if does travel, they're saying he won't be allowed entry to the stadium.

Di Zeo is banned from grounds in Argentina but has been seen at Copa games this season in Brazil, for example.

Apparently 150 of the barras are traveling. Mauro Martín, one of the other 'top boys', is also banned. It is expected Martin's brother will fly La Dolce flag at the game.

He's been given permission to travel although he's supposedly not allowed into the Bernabeu - believe that if you will.

Boca are expecting a decision on their appeal. Apparently they will be informed today. If they don't get a positive outcome, highly unlikely with everyone in Madrid, then they are still prepared to go to CAS.

Somehow can't see these being big sellers with Argentine fans at the match:

DtmDSyPXgAEMQE5.jpg

He's been given permission to travel although he's supposedly not allowed into the Bernabeu - believe that if you will.

Boca are expecting a decision on their appeal. Apparently they will be informed today. If they don't get a positive outcome, highly unlikely with everyone in Madrid, then they are still prepared to go to CAS.

Tevez unconcerned by any repercussions calling Conmebol "three crazy people behind a desk". It echoes the sentiments of Daniel Osvaldo in 2015 who claimed his dream was "stolen by five fat suits behind a desk".

Tevez also commented that the game should have been played at Monumental, this was also reiterated by
Benedetto in an interview.

Benedetto was asked about Di Zeo: "He's welcome because he is a historic leader of the barra."

Contradits Tevez who says Spain should, "Show a strong hand to the barra brava."

Although it is changed days for Tevez as two years ago he went for drinks with them:

DtvnzOQWsAAeGdY.jpg:large

Benedetto was asked about Di Zeo: "He's welcome because he is a historic leader of the barra."

Contradits Tevez who says Spain should, "Show a strong hand to the barra brava."

Although it is changed days for Tevez as two years ago he went for drinks with them:

Di Zeo has decided not to travel, according to his lawyer. He made the mistake of appearing at the Boca send-off and brought attention to himself.

Tevez has never commented on that picture. There's some question over its validity, although I'd imagine there would some cross-over somewhere between the group/player due to where he comes from:

https://www.thebubble.com/photo-tevez-boca-barra-brava/

Today's comments might also be with one eye on his potential presidential bid.

Are the flights segregated? Feck being 30,000 feet up in the air with fans of both clubs on the plane!!

There were separate flights although fans of both clubs who weren't flying direct to Madrid would be on the same flight.

Apparently, a number of tickets (3000 approx) have been returned by River and Boca due their inability to sell them. I don't know how true this is, but I could understand this happening as the cost for your average Argentine fan is astronomical - the Argentine economy is really struggling

And by winning last night's Copa Argentina (video in the Argieball thread) Rosario qualify for next year's Libertadores:

Dtx6vFQX4AAkuRs.jpg

Right. If you can bring yourself to watch any more football after that then this is on at seven thirty. Same channels as previous. Boca failed to get River thrown out so game on.

Right. If you can bring yourself to watch any more football after that then this is on at seven thirty. Same channels as previous. Boca failed to get River thrown out so game on.
It will definitely go ahead then?:D

Wouldn’t put it past more squealing and legal posturing from Boca as kick off nears to try and get the game awarded to them by default again

Hope there’s not a sense of anti-climax to it - and River prevail after the nonsense of the last few weeks

To be fair, I'd say it is the people who buy them that have no knowledge of football. I doubt the vendors would get them if they didn't sell.
Slightly unfair, my lad has a half and half scarf from every single European game Rangers have played since 1992.
You can take it as read he doesn't have a Rangers/Humphies scarf though!
:)

Interestingly Boca have moaned the whole time about fairness.

Had the second leg been played when it should have been then Pavon was injured but due to the delay he is fit so they play him.

Not exactly very sporting from them.

Plenty of fan mixing outside of the main assigned sections :eek: .

Suppose it's fair to say a lot won't be your average River or Boca fan, probably a lot of Spanish who have bought a top for the final too.

Plenty of fan mixing outside of the main assigned sections :eek: .

Suppose it's fair to say a lot won't be your average River or Boca fan, probably a lot of Spanish who have bought a top for the final too.
Sadly it has been sanatised like f.uck by moving to another continent. Farcical. Another reason why I hope River spank these c.unts.

Sadly it has been sanatised like f.uck by moving to another continent. Farcical. Another reason why I hope River spank these c.unts.
Agreed, first leg was good in Boca's ground with the strange looking stadium. Was looking forward to seeing the River fans fill their ground.

Back