Copa Libertadores 2019

Marcelo Gallardo 5-0 Boca Juniors in cup competitions. Boca must be counting down the hours until he finally leaves for a big European club.

We've all been there:

EHialU9W4AAkRRg.jpg

Vamos River....well played.

Flamengo will be tough, assuming it is them, but...they have a huge weight on their shoulders. No LC since '91 and a huge support that have spent years moaning, and watching shite football (ahem, cough) and not winning enough for a club their size (ahem, cough). Imagine the sheer emotional intensity of Fla being back at that level?

Ultimately a dubious VAR penalty at the start of the first leg influenced the tie.
Agree with that ; watched both legs and felt VAR decided the tie; VAR gave pen to River in first leg cancelled goal for Boca tonight : last season Boca goal would have been ok : personally felt River deserved to go thru over both games tho

I agree on River probably being deserving winners, solely on the opportunities they missed in the first leg. However, they should be concerned about last night's performance - a more potent attack would have scored a few.

I see the CONMEBOL highlights omit the Pinola elbow after a minute. I thought that might have been worthy of a review. The referee had a strong warning with the River defender meaning he must have seen something.

Anyway, onto this evening...

I wonder how many Flamengo will take to Santiago.

COMNEBOL and VAR once again - that was never a penalty for the third. Where was the review!?

Flamengo look very impressive going forward. Gallardo will have his work cut out to contain the Brazilians. It should be an open and attacking game.

Never a penalty , almost Raheem Sterling esque.

But a worthy win, some excellent set pieces OR really bad defending.

What a tanking for Gremio. Is Flamengo really 5 goals better than them, even if last nights score suggests they are?

Fla looked very good last night ; but in finals experience counts and River have that : would like to see Fla wining for the simple reason their crest looks like a big Rangers crest

Chilean government saying the Libertadores final will sill be played in Santiago.

Edit: Now we have to wait for CONMEBOL to confirm.

Chilean government saying the Libertadores final will sill be played in Santiago.

Edit: Now we have to wait for CONMEBOL to confirm.

Chile have cancelled two international summits they were due to host in mid-November and at the start of December.

CONMEBOL should follow suit and allow time for supporters to make arrangements. Both clubs have been given 12,500 tickets.

Lima has been mentioned as a potential location. Asuncion will host the Sudamericana Final - only 42k capacity so may not be big enough.

Chile have cancelled two international summits they were due to host in mid-November and at the start of December.

CONMEBOL should follow suit and allow time for supporters to make arrangements. Both clubs have been given 12,500 tickets.

Lima has been mentioned as a potential location. Asuncion will host the Sudamericana Final - only 42k capacity so may not be big enough.

Reports (rumours) I've seen are suggesting Asuncion, but who knows?

Hopefully, they'll make an early decision but knowing CONMEBOL this could draw out.

For clarity, the initial statement came from the Chilean Minister for Sport.

Reports in Argentina saying Lima and Asuncion are favourites to host the Libertadores final. This is a strange one as the Sudamerica final was moved from Lima to Asuncion due to the former not being considered suitable - some sort of interference by the Peruvian governement.

Reports in Colombia saying Medellin is an option:

Pity the fans of River and Flamengo who are now looking for refunds for their flights to Santiago after the were told it would definitely be played there.

Chile's next home friendly against Bolivia on the 15th has been suspended.

At least they've now made a decision. Double the distance for the River fans. Hope the airlines and hotels in Lima aren't taking advantage of the late change.

Last edited:
I think i'd rather liverpool play River Plate in the final as Flamengo look decent and have a player called 'Everton' playing for them. :))

Any idea why the IDV badge is black and white? It used to be black and blue.

I don't. I can only suggest marketing reasons but this is purely a guess.

Whilst it doesn't provide an answer, this article, that I read recently on IDV, may be of interest:

Back