Copa Libertadores 2019

EKFLRCAWwAcwAOs.jpg

The mountains behind look impressive but the area shown in the post above (830) doesn't look that great. Does seem to fit the environment though - very brutalist.

It's very South American. The brutality of the backdrop against the beauty/passion of the football fan, the escapism of football. Fantastic to see a stadium filled with actual supporters and not sponsors, tourists and hangers-on.

Flamengo struggling to adapt to the game, both the opposition and the occasion. A terrible goal to lose, at least 3 players at fault.

River doing what they do so well in cup games.

It's very South American. The brutality of the backdrop against the beauty/passion of the football fan, the escapism of football. Fantastic to see a stadium filled with actual supporters and not sponsors, tourists and hangers-on.

Flamengo struggling to adapt to the game, both the opposition and the occasion. A terrible goal to lose, at least 3 players at fault.

River doing what they do so well in cup games.

Gallardo again.

Fla may come good but Gallardo always seems to get his tactics right for these big games.

Well, that was a quick first 45! River in control, but where are Flamengo going to turn this round? They need to have courage and go all out, but if they do.....

I just think River have been better.

They’ve pressed Flamengo better, looked stronger, tackling harder, break more quickly, just seem to be wanting this more.

Still a way to go yet, though. River may tire, and you couldn’t blame them if they did.

Thsts always been the case though. Very scrappy game

I agree it is scrappy, but finals can be like that.

It's only been the last decade or so that the selling has been on such an industrial scale. As JW said at half-time, there are currently 1800 Argentinian players playing outside the country.

It's only been the last decade or so that the selling has been on such an industrial scale. As JW said at half-time, there are currently 1800 Argentinian players playing outside the country.

That’s an incredible stat

Should have asked earlier, but has River picked up local support due to their shirt being similar to Peru's?

Cant say I'm impressed with the quality on offer. What happened to south American flair.

Brazil failed in the 82' + '86 World Cup. Their game changed.

There is still plenty of flair on a weekly basis, though. It's a huge game. This is Flamengo's first final since '81.

Didnt realise it was on that scale. Bit of a shame.

Cant say I'm impressed with the quality on offer. What happened to south American flair.

I've not seen a South American game since the final last year but I've been thinking the same

I mean its entertaining enough in the way an Old Firm game can be compared to an elite level match because the tackles are wild at times and the ball flies about like nobodies business but they're falling over the ball, ending up in scrums of five players and misplacing passed in manner you dont see when Barca play Real.

There's no doubting theres serious quality on show at the same time though

Back