Copa Libertadores 2019

EKFwfUCXsAEzbTQ.jpg

I always thought Javier Pinola would just be remembered as the guy with the worst comb-overs ever from his time at Nurnberg.

Now he has a Libertadores winning assist to his name as well. Good for him.

Not even showing the trophy presentation on the telly.

Poor show.
I turned away to go to the bar and when I looked at the telly I thought it was a Dickens Christmas advert before the presentation of the trophy. Not like the BBC to ultimately make a James Hunt of it. This will only give them ideas for the League Cup Final!

Flamengo coach Jorge Jesus is only the second non-South American to get his hands on the Libertadores, after Croatian Mirko Jozic for Colo Colo in 1991.

I had £10 quid on barbosa to score 2 or more goals!

they bastards coral have voided it but guess what

they haven’t the voided the 3-1 correct score bet

a second yellow for sarcastic applause according to the BBC
I thought that was the previous game they were talking about, mentioned he was sent off in Flamengos last game before the final too.

I thought that was the previous game they were talking about, mentioned he was sent off in Flamengos last game before the final too.

It’s the match report that says that - the commentary team did mention that thought so the person writing it may have misheard them.

It’s the match report that says that - the commentary team did mention that thought so the person writing it may have misheard them.
I might have picked it up wrong, I don't see why he'd be doing the sarcastic applause thing when they've been given a free kick in the corner and River have just had a player sent off though.

Stupid if he has got involved like that but I'm sure he doesn't give a shit what I think!

I watched the first half of this and, to be honest, I thought the standard of football was mince.
Run with the ball into a crowd of defenders. A defender emerges with the ball, runs upfield into a crowd of defenders, one of the crowd emerges with the ball........repeat and nauseum. Either that or the defender hoofs the ball up the park.
Both teams would fit nicely in the lower reaches of the SPFL.
Considering these are two world renowned team I was amazed at the lack of quality.

Those crowds are mental!

Flamengo-Liverpool in the World Club Final would be a real nostalgia trip. I have vague recollections of their '81 game in Tokyo and my first introduction to Zico.

Back