Copa Libertadores 2019

D5DOLq0UEAIaK49.jpg

Argentinos Juniors' Copa Sudamericana game away to Estudiantes de Mérida on Thursday has been called off due to the latest incidents in Venezuela. Argentinos currently awaiting permission that they can actually travel to the airport to get home.

A couple of years back Mexican teams where invited to competition.If memory serves me well was it Venezuela teams opted out.Dr Griffen do you think the yanks will be invited to enter.Or will they maybe invited to World club competition.

A couple of years back Mexican teams where invited to competition.If memory serves me well was it Venezuela teams opted out.Dr Griffen do you think the yanks will be invited to enter.Or will they maybe invited to World club competition.

There has been talk of some sort of pan-american competition for a while now, but nothing has ever materialised. I would be very surprised if US teams would be invited as the logistics are too great. Add in, that Mexican teams rarely took the competition too seriously as they couldn't enter the CWC through this route and they had their own Libertadores - same would hold for US teams.

Do you fancy anyone in particular this year mate?

As of now the two teams I have been impressed by most have been Cerro Porteno and Internacional (that will cheer up bluetonic :D). The problem, though, is the upcoming transfer window. Most clubs could lose key players just as the knockout stage is about to begin. That being the case I'd say a Brazilian club would be favourite this year.

I will add, I haven't seen a lot of the other Brazilian teams so the above is more of an (un)educated guess.

As of now the two teams I have been impressed by most have been Cerro Porteno and Internacional (that will cheer up bluetonic :D). The problem, though, is the upcoming transfer window. Most clubs could lose key players just as the knockout stage is about to begin. That being the case I'd say a Brazilian club would be favourite this year.

I will add, I haven't seen a lot of the other Brazilian teams so the above is more of an (un)educated guess.
Interesting. Just another demonstration of just how different the economics of the fans are so different in South America.

Back