Copa Libertadores 2019

drgriffen

Qualifying Rounds:

DuqU0jeWkAUmXyj.jpg:large

Groups:

DuqVJroW0AAocww.jpg:large

Last year's wiki page detailing all the results etc......was very good so I'll include the 2019 incarnation in the OP:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Copa_Libertadores#Draws

Last edited:
Representatives from Argentina:

River Plate, Boca Juniors, Godoy Cruz, Rosario Central, San Lorenzo + Huracán all enter in the Group Stages.

Talleres enter in the 2nd stage.

Boca are in Group G with:

* Atletico Paranaense (Brazil)
* Jorge Wilstermann (Bolivia)
* Deportes Tolima (Colombia)

These games will start early March.

Last edited:
River are in Group A with:

* Internacional (Brazil)
* Club Alianza Lima (Peru)
* {A team from the qualifiers, which could end up being Talleres or Sao Paulo)

Group D features two of the historic and evocative names of South American football, Peñarol (Uruguay) and Flamengo (Brazil).

I have vague memories of Flamengo destroying Liverpool in 1981, much to my disappointment. But it was the introduction of Zico!

CONMEBOL have sent a letter to the Chilean FA asking that no concerts are held at the Estadio Nacional in Santiago in the 60 days before the Copa Libertadores Final on 23rd Nov. That's a problem as Iron Maiden are due to play there 39 days before that date, so final may be moved.

CONMEBOL have sent a letter to the Chilean FA asking that no concerts are held at the Estadio Nacional in Santiago in the 60 days before the Copa Libertadores Final on 23rd Nov. That's a problem as Iron Maiden are due to play there 39 days before that date, so final may be moved.

Here we go, again. :D

Liverpool didn’t take it seriously enough. Think they flew in the day before, whereas Flamengo went well in advance. Liverpool underestimated what was an excellent side and got what they deserved. Zico is one of the greatest players of all time.

Some well known names in the qualifiers! Sao Paolo and Univ de Chile got more than decent pedigree. Attention heightened on this year’s competition. Thanks Dr G in advance :)). Always a good read when not able to keep up with things :))

Back