Copa Libertadores 2019

A bit surreal:

D9Kqxg_WkAAZKKC.jpg:large

Some other images of the Gremio Arena
The atmosphere is generally created by the safe standing section( not sure if the sound has came through on the video), its a sell out for most games and they have a membership scheme for it.
Cup games ie Libertadores and Copa do Brasil generate the best atmosphere all round because of the knock out nature which seems to be more important in terms of attendance anyway although the derby games with Inteternationale has the city on lock down before and after.
I visted the old stadium the Olympico back in 2013 which was an old fashioned bowl type which was great for atmosphere, I posted Gremio Loyal thread on the old board back then.

CONMEBOL move the Copa Sudamericana final for the second time in a couple of months. This time to a different stadium in Asunción, rather than halfway across the continent.

Can't believe this is still ongoing:

Boca president Daniel Angelici & his River counterpart Rodolfo D'onofrio are in Madrid for the hearing over last year's Libertadores final. Boca seeking to be awarded the title & River looking to be cleared of all responsibility over the bus attack.

Arent Uruguay going for hosting it to celebrate 100 years of the first world cup ?

Can't imagine they're too happy at their next door neighbour trying to muscle in

Arent Uruguay going for hosting it to celebrate 100 years of the first world cup ?

Can't imagine they're too happy at their next door neighbour trying to muscle in

Uruguay, Argentina, Paraguay and Chile (I think) all as co-hosts.

River looking the better team in the opening 10 minutes. Really nice passing and movement - Cruzeiro seem to be struggling with River playing a diamond.

As its Libertadores time again dgriffen, I ve uploaded some pics of a Boteco (bar) in Porto Alegre- Brecho Do Futbol I used to watch the Gremio games in , loads of football memorabilia also

3qu0lOS.jpg

Cheers mate. That place looks fantastic! A proper place to watch a game in.

Love the Universidad De Chile pennant.

Some pics of Gremio's old Olympico Stadium, which I coudl walk to from where I lived.

VYbHCxq.jpg

iiU3q3M.jpg

8xEExzi.jpg

Thanks again!

Whilst the new stadium (pics at the top of this page) is much more visually impressive what was the response from the fans to the move? Do they miss the old place or are they happy to move to a bigger, better house?

Thanks again!

Whilst the new stadium (pics at the top of this page) is much more visually impressive what was the response from the fans to the move? Do they miss the old place or are they happy to move to a bigger, better house?
I think most were happy as the Olympico was crumbling around them but dissapointed that the new Arena staduim was built on the outskirts of the city so a bit further to travel but the club bought the land on the cheap, and sold the Olympico for a packet ( prime real estate in the centre of the city). Incidentally it was not a very good area as its next to a favela( not Rio favella proportions) however you had to drive round it to get there, one of the reasons they say why FIFA did not chose it for the 2014 World Cup, now the area around it is much more developed with the training complex, housing, hotels etc and looks much ,much better.
One of the prerequisites from the fans was a safe standing area ( the Geral) where all the Ultras go and is a complete sell out every week, so they are delighted with it.

4BMnc1c.mp4

Really struggling to watch this stuff. Constant fouling, players rolling about and moaning at the ref and each other.

Not much football being played

Back