Copa Libertadores 2019

Did you see the thing about Colombia and others trying to hijack the 'return to Uruguay' of The World Cup? 100 years anniversary and they had Paraguay and Argentina in to help. It was 'agreed' but Ecuador have let slip that they're backing Colombia instead, as are Peru and Chile.

I'm no expert, but presumably there is little goodwill or cameraderie in S America and its football?

Did you see the thing about Colombia and others trying to hijack the 'return to Uruguay' of The World Cup? 100 years anniversary and they had Paraguay and Argentina in to help. It was 'agreed' but Ecuador have let slip that they're backing Colombia instead, as are Peru and Chile.

I'm no expert, but presumably there is little goodwill or cameraderie in S America and its football?

All to do with politics.

This 'other' bid isn't to get the World Cup for Ecuador/Colombia it is to stop it going to Uruguay, Argentina etc......Reason being is that if it goes to Uruguay then it wont be held in SA for a long time and Colombia feel they should be next in line - they haven't hosted a World Cup.

EHVFQfDW4AA7uqk.jpg:large

I don't hold out much hope for tomorrow and can see a repeat scoreline as Boca are picked off.

At today's press conference, Gallardo confirmed the same starting line as 1st leg:

Armani; Montiel, Martínez Quarta, Pinola, Casco; Enzo Pérez; Nacho Fernández, Palacios, De la Cruz; Suárez and Borré.

Where's the Final to be held this year?

While Santiago is the chosen destination, there must be concerns over the ongoing protests and violence. I'm sure CONMEBOL will be doing their usual diligence...

Where's the Final to be held this year?

While Santiago is the chosen destination, there must be concerns over the ongoing protests and violence. I'm sure CONMEBOL will be doing their usual diligence...

Hadn't though about this. I doubt it will change but no doubt CONMEBOL will find a way to make a bad situation worse.

Gremio have won the away 2nd leg in the previous two rounds.

Presumably a few nerves around the Maracana on Wednesday - I didn't realise Flamengo haven't been to a Final since 1981.

Thinking about going to try to get a ticket for the game on Wednesday. Anybody else on here living in Rio?

Tevez starts. A surprise, a little desperate and in hope that the passion from the stands is reflected on the field.

That was a great first half and though 0-0, both teams are creating chances. Boca are playing as well as I've seen them this season, albeit the lack of quality in the final third is apparent. River look very dangerous.

Boca had a goal disallowed, ricochet off the arm. Perhaps a shout for an early penalty when River defender led with an elbow.

All in all, even game. Not sure if Boca can continue with the same intensity.

Ah well, Boca couldn’t get the second they deserved.

Very entertaining game. River could have killed the tie in the first leg and in the first half tonight.

Ultimately a dubious VAR penalty at the start of the first leg influenced the tie.

Boca really need to look at their attacking options.

Ultimately a dubious VAR penalty at the start of the first leg influenced the tie.
Agree with that ; watched both legs and felt VAR decided the tie; VAR gave pen to River in first leg cancelled goal for Boca tonight : last season Boca goal would have been ok : personally felt River deserved to go thru over both games tho

Back