Copa Libertadores 2021

E_1gHmXVEAUMZIr

This is some rise from the Red Bull lot isn't it? Never heard of them till I saw this, next stop after maybe winning the Copa Sud Brazilian Champions perhaps?

Indeed. They were in Serie b in 2019.

I don't really follow Brazilian football. but it appears to show what money (I assume) and good practice (Red Bull are in control) can do.

Reports that CONMEBOL's punishment to be handed out to Boca for their reaction to the Libertadores exit to Atlético Mineiro could be severe:

$250K fine that could rise to $500K
Rojo, Izquierdoz, Villa & Pavón suspended for 3-6 matches
Pulpo, García & Zambrano for 1-4 matches

If you're on this thread then the latest edition of These Football Times about Flamengo might be of interest:

Only 22,000 at the game, that's a disappointing crowd for a game of that magnitude.

Couldn't tell you the real reason the crowd wsa so low, but might be down to Juve not being the European Cup winners. Ajax should have played but refused to play a match against Independiente.

What's the gen ahead of the game, who are the favourites, anything tasty in the way of past history between them and any contests between the respective formations to look out for?

Back