Copa Libertadores 2021

drgriffen

EtO8d2HXYAIYd5W

Did I read right that the draw has been made but that some countries (Uruguay being one) haven’t got a list of their representatives in the competition? Something to do with the previous comp spilling over due to Covid and possibly just more craziness from South American football and Conmebol?

Did I read right that the draw has been made but that some countries (Uruguay being one) haven’t got a list of their representatives in the competition? Something to do with the previous comp spilling over due to Covid and possibly just more craziness from South American football and Conmebol?

Yeah, Uruguay is a bit of a fcuk up. The league wont be concluded in time so positions will be based on what position a team is placed on a certain date.

All part of the Libertadores. :D

Never straight forward, but always interesting :D

They could still run Scottish football, better than what we have!

To be fair, Argentinean football is probably just as bad as Scotland.

After Julio Grondona, the President of AFA, died there was a vote for his successor. There were two candidates and an electorate of 75. The result was 38 each. :D

Prior to his death Grondona was all powerful. He was recorded telling clubs if they didn't do what he wanted then their tv money would be held back and refs would give decisions against them. Nothing happened. And nobody expected anything to happen.

To be fair, Argentinean football is probably just as bad as Scotland.

After Julio Grondona, the President of AFA, died there was a vote for his successor. There were two candidates and an electorate of 75. The result was 38 each. :D

Prior to his death Grondona was all powerful. He was recorded telling clubs if they didn't do what he wanted then their tv money would be held back and refs would give decisions against them. Nothing happened. And nobody expected anything to happen.
I do remember that vote o_O:D, the background politics are like an ongoing soap opera.
I have read the World Soccer since the early 80s and also like to read and listen to Tim Vickery, never a dull moment.

After watching the dire servings of the EPL (self proclaimed greatest league in the world) the early rounds of this year’s Copa have been a breath of fresh air. Some really good, enjoyable games thus far save last night’s Uni de Chile v Pope’s 11 :cool: :shh:

Back