Copa Libertadores 2021

EwPvqmQXEAYdL4e

First g

First game I've caught on Brazilian TV this year, Guarani unlucky to lose. Still don't understand why teams from Chile and Colombia enter a round later, maybe its a commercial thing. Surely Ecuador sides have performed better in recent years in both competitions.

You will find out here at what stage each team will enter the tournament. As for why? I'm assuming tv (money) but couldn't tell you for sure.

You will find out here at what stage each team will enter the tournament. As for why? I'm assuming tv (money) but couldn't tell you for sure.

Thanks that's helpful. I understand Brazil and Argentina but I don't understand why Chile and Colombia 4th placed teams don't enter at the first round. I would have thought Ecuador and maybe even Paraguay have done better in recent years than those 2. But you are probably right it will be to do with appealing to the bigger populations and more popular leagues rather than a UEFA style points system.

Looking at two of the previous post concerning Danubio being relegated from div 1 in Uruguay.What prospects of players are Uruguay producing nowadays ,we know about Brazilian and Argentine players.Should we be looking at that market and is it more value for us financially.As I seen in post they have 16 year old playing first team games.

Looking at two of the previous post concerning Danubio being relegated from div 1 in Uruguay.What prospects of players are Uruguay producing nowadays ,we know about Brazilian and Argentine players.Should we be looking at that market and is it more value for us financially.As I seen in post they have 16 year old playing first team games.

Loads of talent. But there is lots of talent in SA. The problem, for us, is how will they adapt/settle in a new culture, a new style of football with a new language. EPL clubs can afford the risk, can we?

Just a bump to remind those so minded that San Lorenzo v Santos 1st leg ko is 1.30am tomorrow morning (7th). Actually already been some right good games in the qualifiers and this could be another.

Enjoyed the semis and final on the red button a few weeks back, but don't think I'll be bothering much until the business end of it.
Don’t deny yourself bud. I’ve watched a few of the qualifiers so far and enjoyed the openness of the play in some right good games. Compared to the dire offerings tge EPL has served up recently I’d recommend giving the Copa Libertadores a right good viewing :)) :shh:

Back