Copa Libertadores 2021

E0HTitcX0AEJamB

Corinthians supporters protest outside the training ground ahead of their clash with São Paulo last night. They were unhappy with recent results, especially in the Sudamericana. The 'fans' put crosses on the main gate with the names of players and manager, Vagner Mancini.

E0ZMyX_WEAAjmld

@drgriffen thanks very much for all these updates.

I follow South American football from afar especially the Argentinian league, I even count Argentina as my favourite international team (Italy my european).

I would love to attend some games down that continent some day, real football.

@drgriffen thanks very much for all these updates.

I follow South American football from afar especially the Argentinian league, I even count Argentina as my favourite international team (Italy my european).

I would love to attend some games down that continent some day, real football.

Being an Italy and Argentina fan I'm sure you are aware of the Oriundi. Sivori is probably (definitely) the best but here's an article about Luis Monti the only man to have played in World Cup Final for two different countries.

Half of Independiente's squad had to sleep on the floor of Bahía airport last night because they weren't allowed into Brazil to play in the Copa Sudamericana.

E0jDxrTXoAMIyiY

E0jGyMyWEAEEGq3

Boca keeper Esteban Andrada is isolated in a Guayaquil hotel due to testing positive on his arrival in Ecuador. The rest of the team will be able to face Barcelona tonight.

Reports that Roma approached Marcelo Gallardo prior to appointing Jose Mourinho but the River Plate manager responded to say he could only consider it after his contract expires at the end of the year.

Watched the Racing v Sao Paolo game last night, not a classic by any means. Look of 2 teams who know they’ll qualify and didn’t want to have any mistakes. Commentary said that pressure is on Pizzi at Racing due to domestic form. The managerial roundabout doesn’t show any sign of slowing down in Avellaneda :eek:.

Photo's from Penarol's match against Eintracht Frankfurt (3-1) at the Waldstadion during their European tour in 1927.

E0qSEXnWEAATglF

Back