Copa Libertadores 2022 + All Things SA Football

FG0bgTcXEAIn1Yy

FG0mepiXoAgLQjY

The 20-year-old boy from Metropolitanos, Abraham Bahachille looks like he could handle Scottish football.

The 20-year-old boy from Metropolitanos, Abraham Bahachille looks like he could handle Scottish football.

Good call.

Never seen him play before so checked out youtube. Obviously, this is only deals in him playing well but he looks good on the ball and is a unit. Would certainly be a good signing for somone here.

Good call.

Never seen him play before so checked out youtube. Obviously, this is only deals in him playing well but he looks good on the ball and is a unit. Would certainly be a good signing for somone here.

I watched that video as well drgriffen: I think this boy will eventually end up playing somewhere in Europe.

I think that Uruguay as a country punches well above its weight. The fact that this small country is swamped by two footballing superpowers seems to make their players extra determined as if they have to prove something. Uruguay players will always give 100% for club or country.

The big man is sorting out his own footballing group.

Also, it's absolutely mental that Cruzeiro, Vasco da Gama and Gremio are all competing in the Brazilian Second Division.

You get the odd one like Fluminense having a bad season and ending up down there, but you don't normally have three massive clubs down there.

All of them won the Libertadores in the 90's, Gremio won it about 5 years ago when they had Arthur Melo running the midfield!

The big man is sorting out his own footballing group.

Also, it's absolutely mental that Cruzeiro, Vasco da Gama and Gremio are all competing in the Brazilian Second Division.

You get the odd one like Fluminense having a bad season and ending up down there, but you don't normally have three massive clubs down there.

All of them won the Libertadores in the 90's, Gremio won it about 5 years ago when they had Arthur Melo running the midfield!

Yeah, just had a look at the 2021 table and Botafogo were down there as well.

Cruzeiro finished 14th which is incredible.

Recent article by Tim Vickery might be of interest:

FIFA have finally made a decision about the abandoned WCQ between Brazil and Argentina:

-The game will be replayed (date & location TBC)
-Brazil fined $500K
-Argentina fined $200K
-Emi Buendía, Dibu Martínez, Gio Lo Celso and Cuti Romero suspended for 2 matches

Anyone interested in learning more about Venezuelan football should check out this book. Well worth a read

I thought Venezuela was the only South American country where football wasn't the number one sport, baseball being their main interest?

I thought Venezuela was the only South American country where football wasn't the number one sport, baseball being their main interest?

You're correct. Baseball has far more history there and international success with players in the MLB.

Not to make light of any situation, there was an amusing interview on Argentine TV yesterday with an Argentinian living in Kiev.

He was asked if he was frightened about the situation:

His response: "I’m not afraid of a missile, I’m from Lanús... I used to go back to my house at night, 3 in the morning, and I had to walk four blocks. That is scary, every day."

Lanús is just outside of Buenos Aires, to the south.

Club Atlético Lanús is in the Primera Division and reached the Copa Final in 2017, losing out to Gremio.

Back