Copenhagen goalscorer charged by cops

Surely self defence or are the Poileas now above the law? Cop was out of order and acting like a fan.
I wonder what team officer Brendan O'Dibble supports. For me the Officer Dibble was out of order in rushing the player.

Was the closest thing to a tackle they put in on a Copenhagen player all night mind you.
I hear the cop is at Parkhead today to show that big numpty Ajer some moves.

Last edited:
Just viewed it for the first time. Tell me this when do the cops ever get involved like that ?

They are trained to prevent confrontation - if the guy is running into fight then yes stop him, but he's running to celebrate with his own fans ! If he then does something out of order yes the cops can step in but not before!!!

Its not conclusive to me that that the next guy pushes him, but if he is running as a pro athlete and a cop steps across him then what do we think is going to happen !!

I wasn’t watching the game and I haven’t seen all the footage, but can somebody please clarify - the player charged is Uruguayan, the other goal scorers were Spanish and Senegalese respectively. What was the ethnicity of all the players involved in the incident(s) with the police?

It'll be a decade and more ago (The Strachan era?) they beat AC Milan and a yahoo came onto the pitch and manhandled their goalie, (Dida?) on the park.

Plod did sod all and a steward actually pushed the assailant back into the stands, therefore making sure he wasn't being arrested,
And the commentator and media said the goalie made a 3 course meal of the assault on him,, wtf !!

The level of policing in that corner was ridiculous.

It's apparently a health and safety issue due to their shit hole of a stadium. Concerns over fan safety due crushing and falling due how steep the stand is. Which is which the cops get involved as well as stewards. Cant move away fans due to the layout of the stadium and additional resources that would be needed.

Hold on a minute. Does anyone actually know what he did (allegedly)? He ran over to the fans after scoring and expected to jump right in there, and a policeman tried, quite rightly to stop him. There was a wee tangle between the two before the camera cut away. The player could have easily lashed out.

he should’ve bumped the cop then dived into the crowd and wearing the coppers hat....that would have just been a laugh

I know we have police officers who are also on FF. No doubt they will be supportive of their colleagues. However, they also need to understand the damage this does to public trust and public support. Had they not charged the Copenhagen player and steward then this story would have disappeared. Now, however, the conduct of the police will be as much in question as the conduct of the Copenhagen players. One can't help feeling that these charges are more to do with the hurt pride of the officer concerned than anything else.

I know we have police officers who are also on FF. No doubt they will be supportive of their colleagues. However, they also need to understand the damage this does to public trust and public support. Had they not charged the Copenhagen player and steward then this story would have disappeared. Now, however, the conduct of the police will be as much in question as the conduct of the Copenhagen players. One can't help feeling that these charges are more to do with the hurt pride of the officer concerned than anything else.
Bet that braided hat prick was involved in the disappearance of the effigys as evidence, they just can't help themselves , I'd say he'd be one to be watched anyone know his name?

Dear Lord, what a bitter little country Scotland has become. Whatever happened to brave police? A wee shove and theyre crying to the PF. What a bunch of fannies they are. It looks to me like the cop starts it all by manhandling the player for no reason. It's always the same at the piggery. Every other ground in Scotland the mentally challengeds can do what they please, throw bottles, wreck chairs, no action taken. However if you dare try and celebrate with your supporters at that dump there is a wall of polis and stewards six deep

Nationalist republicans have really ruined the land of my birth. If it wasn't for trips to see the Rangers i'd never set foot in that shithole again.

Last edited:
A flash point created by the police and escalated by the police for the sole reason of preventing the away team from celebrating victory in front of their travelling support.

When you happen to score a goal or win at that place you are almost forced to keep your emotions under control in case it upsets them.

It's apparently a health and safety issue due to their shit hole of a stadium. Concerns over fan safety due crushing and falling due how steep the stand is. Which is which the cops get involved as well as stewards. Cant move away fans due to the layout of the stadium and additional resources that would be needed.

If that’s indeed the case, the stadium should have a reduced capacity to mitigate that risks of an accident occurring.

That being said, I’d prefer if they just shut the shite hole down completely.

What an utter disgrace of a country we live in. Said it last night, that would never happen anywhere else and if it happened to the scum our media would be going crazy over it. To add insult and charge the player is just petty and reflects terribly on our country. The guy was celebrating a goal, like any other player, and was assaulted by a police officer using excessive force.
I’m not surprised in all honesty, we live in a bitter wee country I’m afraid

If they have a health and safety issue then they shouldn't be given a health and safety stadium certificate until they have fixed the issues .

slo mo of this incident. Instigated by the police
At least 3 separate incidents of the cops unlawfully grabbing people there -

1. The initial celebration, grabbing Biel.

2. Around 40s or so in, you can see one of them trying to take hold of Santos' left arm from behind as he walked away, followed by 2x 'slaps' on the back once he'd been shaken off.

Edit: at 46s it looks like the cop is about to try and put Santos' arm up his back - he certainly moves in that way before Santos shakes him off. You can see the cop shouting at him too, before slapping his back.

3. The last 10-15 secs watch the bottom left corner. One cop has basically taken it upon themselves to grab the right wrist of the Copenhagen steward, becomes even more obvious when the steward points towards where the initial incident happened.

Being a polis does not give someone the right to lay their hands on anyone who has not committed a crime or consented to said physical contact. Same way as a nurse I can't put my hands on anyone without their consent, unless in the course of administering emergency care

Last edited:
Do you have proof of this, Bbb? Sounds very doubtful to me. Putting cops right there isn't going to reduce crushing, they'd need to be positioned to allow fans entry onto the track area(whatever it is) to do any good. The dozens of cops and stewards would appear to act more like a barrier which would make crushing more likely. H&S removed fences from the bottom of terracings for this reason.
Where did that info come from?

Have fc Copenhagen commented on this at all
not that i have seen or heard ,but i would assume that they simply wont be sitting back and doing nothing,hopefully gathering of documentary evidence then go for the throats of ps ,and cfc,and getting uefa involved ,this sort of thing needs to be addressed and addressed pretty smartly before things really spiral into the realms of absurdity, if indeed we havent already got there

Last edited:
They can behave however they like at Ibrox yet our players can’t get within 100 yards of our fans to hand over a shirt at the piggery. Excessive policing and stewarding at one small part of the ground is ridiculous.

Do you have proof of this, Bbb? Sounds very doubtful to me. Putting cops right there isn't going to reduce crushing, they'd need to be positioned to allow fans entry onto the track area(whatever it is) to do any good. The dozens of cops and stewards would appear to act more like a barrier which would make crushing more likely. H&S removed fences from the bottom of terracings for this reason.
Where did that info come from?

Cop involved in match briefings there told me.

There is also somebody on another thread saying much the same btw

From what I saw Copenhagen had a big but well behaved group of fans. What was the need for the huge police presence?

We’ve played teams where groups of known football hooligans have travelled looking for trouble and there was nothing like that police presence.

You are spot on sir, if it was a Constable, would charges still have happened?...no chance. The boss got knocked over, trousers dirty, pride dented, charges to follow.....unbelievable, would love to hear what his superiors say, probably give him instant promotion. They stick together like superglue. Shameful, it really is.

Looks like it.

Also the guys in the purple bibs are actually stewards specifically there for the visiting support. (Don't know if they help with language or fans getting lost etc but they are there to help the away fans anyway.)

Here is one of them being dragged away by cops last night:

Watching the videos it's not clear exactly what the cops are trying to do here.
Presumably they are told before the match to stop opposing players celebrating with their fans?

Was there a similar police presence in the corner vs Braga last week?
I don't think there was. For 2nd goal I think all the Braga players did stay on the pitch.

That's ridiculous footage.
Am 63 and fucked with arthritis but I reckon I could still outrun that fat bastard nae neck polis.

Cop involved in match briefings there told me.
There is also somebody on another thread saying much the same btw

So "not worth the paper it's written on", then? The other thing that just occurred to me is why isn't there a similar number of cops and stewards positioned at the other corners?
Still looks like it's more to do with not upsetting the great unwashed and the cops being complicit.

So "not worth the paper it's written on", then? The other thing that just occurred to me is why isn't there a similar number of cops and stewards positioned at the other corners?
Still looks like it's more to do with not upsetting the great unwashed and the cops being complicit.

The other corners dont have the same issue at them where it's a bottleneck and a big drop beside it, and it is also not just one focus point out of the entire stadium for their players like the away teams.

You will notice they dont sell seats in the section right beside and above the tunnel.

Doing it to not upset celtic and their fans is just paranoia mate.

Absolutely disgraceful that Copenhagen have had to release a statement ; 100% worse that the incident actually happened in the first place .

What is it about that ground that requires such a volume of police and stewards there all the time? It's not as though that's the only stadium were the away fans are in a corner like that, you don't see anything like that reaction at Ibrox when the opposition score.

It's always annoyed me that whenever Rangers score there the stewards are practically on the pitch trying to manhandle the players away.

It's ridiculously over the top and shouldve been called out ages ago by the rest of the league.

What is it about that ground that requires such a volume of police and stewards there all the time? It's not as though that's the only stadium were the away fans are in a corner like that, you don't see anything like that reaction at Ibrox when the opposition score.

It's always annoyed me that whenever Rangers score there the stewards are practically on the pitch trying to manhandle the players away.

It's ridiculously over the top and shouldve been called out ages ago by the rest of the league.
If you watch our winning goal and the players going over to our support at the game in December.one of the police officers shouts in the face of goldson and pushes him away with rage written all over his face.
This have been going on for years,the year we won the title on helicopter Sunday hibs beat the manky mob at the piggery 3-1 and Ivan sproul scored for hibs and he ran towards that corner and one of the stewards practicality rugby tackled him and had his arm around his throat

The other corners dont have the same issue at them where it's a bottleneck and a big drop beside it, and it is also not just one focus point out of the entire stadium for their players like the away teams.

You will notice they dont sell seats in the section right beside and above the tunnel.

Doing it to not upset celtic and their fans is just paranoia mate.

Back