Copland & Broomloan improvements

Not sure mate, I’ll ask

Cheers, think I'm the only one who noticed it :)) Might be in the top corners of the SJ stand but would help with letting light into the stadium.

Also, I take it the cladding is getting removed at the very back of the Broomloan and Copland Rears as well?

Yee ha. Tolets need a proper makeover too
Plumbing is in need of an overhaul. Worked there at the Commonwealth Games and it was embarrassing. Hopefully they'll have a blueprint to bring it up to date and the idiots who let it go to seed like that are a disgrace.

Plumbing is in need of an overhaul. Worked there at the Commonwealth Games and it was embarrassing. Hopefully they'll have a blueprint to bring it up to date and the idiot who let it go to seed like that are a disgrace.
That'll be the self declared "Custodian" then who let the entire stadium go to neglect.

We need to get @Papasmurf onto it. He has a 100% record on these things :))

It’s a bit of a weird dynamic at the club. There appears to be no middle ground. Either it takes an absolute age/not happen or it happens at breakneck speed.

This safe standing issue has been rumbling on for such a long time. The fans want it. C1872 support it. The club have made initial enquiries.

It’s anothet absolute no brainer of a decision. The only real debate I see with the fans is where.

For me. Broomloan front. There are loads of reasons as to why.

It’s a bit of a weird dynamic at the club. There appears to be no middle ground. Either it takes an absolute age/not happen or it happens at breakneck speed.

This safe standing issue has been rumbling on for such a long time. The fans want it. C1872 support it. The club have made initial enquiries.

It’s anothet absolute no brainer of a decision. The only real debate I see with the fans is where.

It absolutely has to be broomloan front . So many reasons logistically and as that’s where the majority are now who wish to stand/sing/banners etc it’s a no brainer . That would be around 3500 people standing singing and would make Ibrox far better atmosphere wise which then helps the team .

It absolutely has to be broomloan front . So many reasons logistically and as that’s where the majority are now who wish to stand/sing/banners etc it’s a no brainer . That would be around 3500 people standing singing and would make Ibrox far better atmosphere wise which then helps the team .
What if we drew the filth in the cup after safe standing is installed?
They having our standing section?!

No they just get told they’re getting the corner as league games .

I know the “ rule “ for cup games mean they are supposed to get more but health and safety over rules any allocation issues .

It really is that simple they can’t do anything about it .

Great news. Good to hear.

To those moaning about the smokers in the bogs. This is what happens with bans on open air smoking. I believe that the Club are trialling a designated smoking area. If it’s successful (why wouldn’t it be?) then that should take care of the smokey lavvies

No they just get told they’re getting the corner as league games .

I know the “ rule “ for cup games mean they are supposed to get more but health and safety over rules any allocation issues .

It really is that simple they can’t do anything about it .
There no way thats happening. The decision for league games was different and there was nothing they could do about that.

But we would be hammered with whatever punishment they can think up if we did it in the cup.

Until we get shunted out because a team will get a bigger than normal allocation ala Kilmarnock replay.

Under no circumstances should teams get any portion of our Safe-Standing Section .

You both make a good point.

Maybe have safe standing in 2/3 of the BF and some in the WE.

Or get approval that the away corner does for all. Regardless of tournament rules

There must be a solution

There no way thats happening. The decision for league games was different and there was nothing they could do about that.

But we would be hammered with whatever punishment they can think up if we did it in the cup.

Health and safety comes first and it’s the same in European ties .

There’s a recommended percentage but all the club has to do is say due to health and safety they are getting the corner .

That’s our away section and that’s the end of it . They just need to suck it up .

It is going to be the broomloan front if we get it BTW so there’s no point imagining/hoping/wanting it somewhere else .

Replacing them with similar translucent panels. Working out way around the stadium.... Next thing to go will be that family stand bullshit

Hope your meaning the cheap nasty eyesore that sits at the top of the Broomy.

Been wanting that hauled down for years.

You both make a good point.

Maybe have safe standing in 2/3 of the BF and some in the WE.

Or get approval that the away corner does for all. Regardless of tournament rules

There must be a solution

The solution is simple, either have rhe safe standing in another area, or move the away section.

If we were to draw the scum in a cup game we would need to give them the required amount of tickets unless both clubs have came to agreement that the new allocation is for all games.

We have X amount of years of neglect, we have to take small steps to achieve our requirements.

The whole stadium needs a power wash as the bricks have gathered some dirt over the past 7 years of neglect.

I think the windows look a bit tacky now on the Govan, Copland and Broomloan Stands.
Whatever happened to the thread which suggested Bear tradesmen and volunteer fans help in repairs and some “cosmetic surgery” to the stadium?
There was a huge level of interest and bears saying they would gladly help.
What happened???

the fact the club are giving kilmarnock more tickets in the broomloan front is a reason as to why it cant be there , but i'm guessing if in cup games a club wants more tickets they can have Govan front 1

Hope your meaning the cheap nasty eyesore that sits at the top of the Broomy.

Been wanting that hauled down for years.
And the squint effort on the outside of the Broomloan. They both can go.
Whatever happened to the thread which suggested Bear tradesmen and volunteer fans help in repairs and some “cosmetic surgery” to the stadium?
There was a huge level of interest and bears saying they would gladly help.
What happened???
Insurance issue I think.

Absolutely mate.

Safe standing simply HAS to happen !!

Even it it was just 4,000, that still leaves 92% of the stadium for seating.

We're not asking for much and I think it's only fair than an area is created for those of us who want to stand. There is an appetite for it, 100% - look at away games - everyone stands and it is much better.

Do it Rangers !!
Once the few hundred grand is spent to make those who cannot stand able to see the game, they should go for safe standing for those who don't want to sit. The numbers are less than 400 never mind 4k so should not be a problem.

They are not asking for much either, just to see the pitch and get a roof over their heads. It is only fair.

Until we get shunted out because a team will get a bigger than normal allocation ala Kilmarnock replay.

Under no circumstances should teams get any portion of our Safe-Standing Section .
I’m

I would imagine that the safe standing would have these flip over seats that become barriers, as European games would have to be all seated. That way some of them could be made into seats for cup games in this country if we had to give opposition more seats than normal.

Led to believe it’s just a rehash of the old clear plastic corrugated sheeting .

Bitterly disappointing.

So we are replacing something that was installed 40 years ago with something similar , surley not ..they should just put huge banners over it like they did the glass staircases . Would look so much better..

So we are replacing something that was installed 40 years ago with something similar , surley not ..they should just put huge banners over it like they did the glass staircases . Would look so much better..

Are banners the only alternative to clear plastic corrugated sheets ??:rolleyes:

Once the few hundred grand is spent to make those who cannot stand able to see the game, they should go for safe standing for those who don't want to sit. The numbers are less than 400 never mind 4k so should not be a problem.

They are not asking for much either, just to see the pitch and get a roof over their heads. It is only fair.
I'm not against improving the disabled facilities. I was purely commenting on safe standing........

This should be the priority

I'm not against improving the disabled facilities. I was purely commenting on safe standing........
Safe standing will happen but the disabled sections will be done first. Mainly because Rangers FC have been shamed into doing it.

More simply, because it is not a case of improving disabled facilities. At the moment they do not have any and struggle to get a bog to piss in.

Absolutely mate.

Safe standing simply HAS to happen !!

Even it it was just 4,000, that still leaves 92% of the stadium for seating.

We're not asking for much and I think it's only fair than an area is created for those of us who want to stand. There is an appetite for it, 100% - look at away games - everyone stands and it is much better.

Do it Rangers !!

No if you’re 5ft2 it isn’t!!!

No if you’re 5ft2 it isn’t!!!
That’s why some of the Safe Standing sections around Europe have a platform. Although I don’t think that would be allowed here because of safety issues.

Hannover-visit-1-004.jpeg

Great news. Good to hear.

To those moaning about the smokers in the bogs. This is what happens with bans on open air smoking. I believe that the Club are trialling a designated smoking area. If it’s successful (why wouldn’t it be?) then that should take care of the smokey lavvies

Nonsense, this is what happens when selfish grown up bams can’t go an hour and a half without smoking.

Health and safety comes first and it’s the same in European ties .

There’s a recommended percentage but all the club has to do is say due to health and safety they are getting the corner .

That’s our away section and that’s the end of it . They just need to suck it up .

It is going to be the broomloan front if we get it BTW so there’s no point imagining/hoping/wanting it somewhere else .

The whole point of safe standing is the ability to lock the seats in place for euro games so we would just do that.

Also, we have only had to give up the extra seats for cup games a handful of times in the last 15 years.

No. Ne have to put them somewhere so perhaps the plastic seat brigade that dont want safe standing could give up "their" seat for a one off cup game. Tims in the Copland or somewhere else?

Safe standing will happen but the disabled sections will be done first. Mainly because Rangers FC have been shamed into doing it.

More simply, because it is not a case of improving disabled facilities. At the moment they do not have any and struggle to get a bog to piss in.
BOTH safe standing AND improved disabled facilities should happen. No excuse for them not to. The board need to get their finger out on both projects asap.

If the Hannover documentary is to go by a 3,000 seated section became a 4,700 safe standing section. No problem with safety so what's the hold up ?.. is it just the board dragging their feet ?

Back