Copland & Broomloan improvements

Obviously as a rider to that the 4,700 standing section became a 4,700 seated for Euro games which means there's no going back to 3,000 so it's a bit snug. Some wont tolerate that so will have to swap with someone who is.

Obviously as a rider to that the 4,700 standing section became a 4,700 seated for Euro games which means there's no going back to 3,000 so it's a bit snug. Some wont tolerate that so will have to swap with someone who is.

I’m sure I read somewhere that safe standing in the U.K. is only allowed on a 1 for 1 ratio.

Could be wrong mate but don't think so...the rail seats are much slimmer and could cause a problem with the more rotund among us.

The section at Parkhead is a 1 to 1 ratio. I thought I had read that it was the same across the U.K. but I could be wrong on that.

The section at Parkhead is a 1 to 1 ratio. I thought I had read that it was the same across the U.K. but I could be wrong on that.

We could be saying the same thing and just be getting our wires crossed.
The 1 for 1 is just after the railseats have been fitted so when utilised as seating it's the same ratio as when used as standing. But it isn't 1 for 1 with the old seating that was ripped out as the new gear is slimmer.

I think this is correct or I may be talking bollocks..it wont be the first time.

You'll naw be applying for a ticket in standing section then! You'd only end up causing bother anyway. Angry short person syndrome and all that!!

So we are replacing something that was installed 40 years ago with something similar , surley not ..they should just put huge banners over it like they did the glass staircases . Would look so much better..

Firstly, you can only use what the structural steel support will accommodate. Secondly, fire regulations have came to the forefront since Grenfell
That will dictate what can go on as replacement

We could be saying the same thing and just be getting our wires crossed.
The 1 for 1 is just after the railseats have been fitted so when utilised as seating it's the same ratio as when used as standing. But it isn't 1 for 1 with the old seating that was ripped out as the new gear is slimmer.

I think this is correct or I may be talking bollocks..it wont be the first time.

Safe standing at Dortmund allows them to increase their capacity to 80k from 65k when the seats are locked away. We should push for the same even if the current legislation doesn't allow this. Laws do change. Christ they even let women vote now.

We would need to ensure access and egrees satisfies the regulations but this is hardly an insurmountable problem despite what the naysayers on here might claim.

Come on Stewart Robertson. Grow a pair and get it done. We've waited long enough.

BOTH safe standing AND improved disabled facilities should happen. No excuse for them not to. The board need to get their finger out on both projects asap.
I am not arguing with you, the point I am making is very simple. Safe standing is not a priority compared to the disabled section. The disabled facilities should have met requirements decades ago and will only now be prioritised now because Rangers FC have zero choice in the matter.

Those who have a perfectly good view, a roof over their heads and a bog to piss in at the moment can wait a little bit longer under such circumstances, surely?

Safe standing at Dortmund allows them to increase their capacity to 80k from 65k when the seats are locked away. We should push for the same even if the current legislation doesn't allow this. Laws do change. Christ they even let women vote now.

We would need to ensure access and egrees satisfies the regulations but this is hardly an insurmountable problem despite what the naysayers on here might claim.

Come on Stewart Robertson. Grow a pair and get it done. We've waited long enough.

Dortmund when standing isn’t rail seating though. It’s like an old style terrace.

I think you see an increase in capacity with the rail seating but not as big as Dortmund’s increase.

I reckon on 3.5k seated we’d see around 5k if the ratio applied in Germany for rail seating was applied here.

So we are replacing something that was installed 40 years ago with something similar , surley not ..they should just put huge banners over it like they did the glass staircases . Would look so much better..

That would look even cheaper and tackier, frankly.

Back