Cops hunt another Celtic paedo

Seen posted already inside another thread but needs highlighted

Celtic scout' claim coach accused of child sex attacks hunted by police

The suspect told kids in the 1970s he was a scout for Celtic and it's alleged he was friendly with Celtic Boys Club beasts Jim Torbett, 71, and Frank Cairney, 84, who are both now in jail.
ByKeith McLeod
04:30, 15 JUN 2019

One alleged victim, pictured centre, says he was abused by the coach in the early 1970s (Image: UGC/Daily Record)
Get the biggest Celtic stories by email
Subscribe
See our privacy noticeMore newsletters
A former football coach who claimed to be a scout for Celtic is wanted by police over claims he carried out a string of child sex attacks.

The ‘scout’, now 75, was the subject of a complaint to police in 2015 from a man now in his 60s. Another man later came forward with more claims of abuse.

The coach is alleged to have preyed on children in the 60s and 70s.

It is alleged by his accusers that the scout – who was involved in schools and youth football in Renfrewshire – abused boys repeatedly at a house in Paisley and at a property in Argyll and Bute.

One alleged victim has told the Record that his alleged abuser was friendly with Celtic Boys Club beasts Jim Torbett, 71, and Frank Cairney, 84, who are both now in jail.

Jim Torbett was sentenced to six years in prison for child sex abuse (Image: Daily Record)
READ MORE
Former Celtic chairman claims 'no knowledge' of his business links to Boys' Club sex beast Jim Torbett

He claims the coach tried to impress youngsters with a Celtic ID card signed by a senior figure at the club and describing him as an official scout.

The scout can’t be named for legal reasons but Police Scotland have confirmed there is a warrant for his arrest. Speaking exclusively to the Record, an alleged victim of the scout said: “I was abused by this man over years, repeatedly.

“His power over boys stemmed from the fact that he carried a card saying he was a scout with Celtic FC. He would show it all the time because it gave him status.”

He added: “The abuse happened at a house in Argyll and at my own house in Paisley between 1968 and the early 70s.

“I took this to the police in 2015. They were brilliant in the way they dealt with me but nothing seems to have happened since. I want justice.

“He was a young teacher. All the guys liked him and thought he was a good guy.

“He ran the football team in second year at school and would take boys to Celtic games, in the European Cup.

“At weekends, he would take boys to Argyll. That’s where I was first abused. I remember trying to get to sleep that night wondering what had happened. I was so naive.

READ MORE
Celtic's secret two-year probe into boy's club sex abuse scandal confirmed by Peter Lawwell

“Other boys were there. I believe they were being abused as well. He would take three boys to Argyll at a time.

“A friend of mine, who is sadly deceased now, was also abused. I know of another victim who has spoken to police.”

It is claimed the abuser was so convincing he was able to befriend an alleged victim’s parents to the point where he would stay at their house.

The victim said he tried to commit suicide when he was still being abused as a child. The abuse stopped when he was 14 and he went on to play for the scout’s teams as a young adult.

He says that he and another alleged victim, who is now dead, were contacted by police in the mid-90s. They were asked whether they were abused by the scout.

He said: “I told the police nothing. I then spoke to my friend and asked if he’d been contacted. He said he had but had also said nothing.

“It was the first time we’d talked about the abuse between ourselves. When we were young, it was never talked about. Later I think we tried to remove it from our minds.

“I regret not telling the police in the 90s. Another victim must have contacted them and our testimonies would have helped.

READ MORE
Sex abuse victim to sue Celtic for hundreds of thousands of pounds over lost earnings
“I regret not speaking out then but I had young children and I wanted to forget the whole thing.

“But in later life, I’ve become more and more affected by what went on when I was young. I feel I was robbed of my childhood. Now, I feel robbed of something as simple as justice.”

The witness the scout’s teams would regularly play Torbett’s Celtic BC teams.

He said: “There were boys in our youth teams that went on to play for Torbett or Cairney at Celtic Boys’ Club.

“They had strong links and the scout was clearly friends with both Torbett and Cairney.”

It is feared the perpetrator of the abuse may now be living abroad.

Police Scotland confirmed that a warrant has been issued for the alleged abuser. The Crown Office confirmed that the case is “live”. Celtic FC made no comment.

In May, the Record revealed that Celtic FC investigated and cleared boys’ club leaders in 1986, describing claims against them as “scurrilous”.

Some of Torbett’s abuse of boys happened after that investigation.

Celtic revealed last month that they have been carrying out a new two-year investigation into the abuse claims at Celtic BC.
You just wonder how many more of these beasts used Celtic as a means to carry out their depravity.
Also how they were permitted to go unchallenged by any of the Celtic board of directors?

They have their placemen in positions of authority to quell this as much as possible.
Petrie being the latest recruit.

Said it a few times now.
How can one club be guilty of so much yet liable for absolutely nothing ?

Yet we are being told noucamp that that b@stard petrie is no friend of liewell,total and utter guff,he's just another placeman to do the bidding.

Paedo's are falling out of the Celtic tree at an alarming rate. Oh! how I'd hate to be a Celtic supporter right now.

But why no camera crew's outside the Jimmy Savile Arena reporting this? During our troubles in 2012 every single news bulletin featured Ibrox Stadium in the background.

I suspect Fritzl has been putting the frighteners on the main stream media and warned them not to film there.
Theres been dark clouds over the Stad De Nonce for years, you will never see that image on the news in Scotland thats for sure

zlWKQOq.jpg

Just as you think there can surely be no more.

I wonder how deep this goes.

Scurrilous payments? More than just blind eyes turned?

What’s with the use of quotations around scout? Are they trying to intimate that he wasn’t a Celtic scout?
Even if he wasnt an official scout it’s shows that there must have been a paedophile ring at the piggery due to the fact that his mate Torbett was there and probably told him about vulnerable kids that are there for the taking.
It gets worse by the week. We need a UK level government investigation into that’s viper’s nest
I’ve got a concern on this one.
Anybody can say they were a scout and produce a bit of paper to support their claim.
The club cannot be held responsible for this type of occurrence.
However, what you say is true.
Torbett, Cairney and the rest of them all had friends of the same ilk, the same mentality.
They’re never loaners, these qunts.
They’ll have exposed their conquests to these buddies for further gratification.
All because Celtic let them in then back in.

In May, the Record revealed that Celtic FC investigated and cleared boys’ club leaders in 1986, describing claims against them as “scurrilous”.

That's appalling. The absolute least you can do is admit you were running a paedo ring, but it's the septic way, sweep and deny.

Shocking from those mutants. I'm angry and it's nothing to do with me, cannot begin to think how angry those who were abused, and their families, feel.

There was a grainy picture from CCTV of a fan the police want to interview regarding the flare at Valencia.

They know this ‘scout’ they are looking for.

Get his name and picture out there and let the public find him. It is in the public interest that he is found and his guilt determined or not in court.

Just as you think there can surely be no more.

I wonder how deep this goes.

Scurrilous payments? More than just blind eyes turned?
I think it clearly goes much, much further. Evidence suggests it really was the ‘open secret’ McNeill alluded to. It’s a disgrace to Scotland that it hasn’t come out properly and even more so, that Scotland is still fighting to cover it all up.

I think it clearly goes much, much further. Evidence suggests it really was the ‘open secret’ McNeill alluded to. It’s a disgrace to Scotland that it hasn’t come out properly and even more so, that Scotland is still fighting to cover it all up.

The links to Savile et al needs thoroughly investigated.

The links to Savile et al needs thoroughly investigated.
Indeed. I am not sure where the national investigations are at, are they concluded or still ongoing? Either way, new investigations are required because clearly this group was linked to Savile, the evidence is there. I get the impression that the appetite is not there and many in high places want it to now go away (nationally as well as in Scotland).

Now we no why Rangers were so vilified in the media over a legal tax case, the cowardly bigoted media knew their favourite club's secrets would eventually come out. So in a sick way they tried to vilify Rangers making a legal not against the law crime, as bad as, one of the most sick if not the sickest crimes on earth

The day will come where Westminster will go through cfc, sfa, snp and hopefully police Scotland also. I’m confident this will happen.
Of course this will be long drawn out process but hopefully something will be released tomorrow or early next week.
And I do actually think we will be shocked on how big this paedo ring is. Westminster will then have no choice but to get involved and hopefully that will then be the start of the SNP’s downfall as I believe there are scum within their ranks that know something.
That will then lead to the SFA being torn apart as they have been riddled with tims and corruption for years. Even influencing the press. I also think this will lead to certain individuals in police Scotland having questions to answer. To rid this from our country it has to be an independent inquiry under the instruction of the British government and I believe no stone will be left unturned.
Like a previous poster stated I also believe this goes way back to the year that filth landed on our shores.

These horrific stories are almost emerging on a weekly basis now. How much longer can Holyrood deliberately look away and ignore the Celtc Paedo Ring ?

The day will come where Westminster will go through cfc, sfa, snp and hopefully police Scotland also. I’m confident this will happen.
Of course this will be long drawn out process but hopefully something will be released tomorrow or early next week.
And I do actually think we will be shocked on how big this paedo ring is. Westminster will then have no choice but to get involved and hopefully that will then be the start of the SNP’s downfall as I believe there are scum within their ranks that know something.
That will then lead to the SFA being torn apart as they have been riddled with tims and corruption for years. Even influencing the press. I also think this will lead to certain individuals in police Scotland having questions to answer. To rid this from our country it has to be an independent inquiry under the instruction of the British government and I believe no stone will be left unturned.
Like a previous poster stated I also believe this goes way back to the year that filth landed on our shores.
I hope you are right but don’t share your confidence. I was confident that Shyte would be punished and look how that turned out.

It seems that those in power and with things to hide, can make things go away and can destroy investigations.

Nothing to see here, Nikla. Nope nothing at all.

Absolutely no need for a
Public Inquiry into a clear paedo ring at Parkpaed. No sir. No need at all

I hope you are right but don’t share your confidence. I was confident that Shyte would be punished and look how that turned out.

It seems that those in power and with things to hide, can make things go away and can destroy investigations.

What Shyte done was all business/financial. People generally don’t have the same reaction to that kind of stuff. Look at the financial crash of 2008. Only Iceland jailed those responsible.

Child abuse is a different ball game. It’s the foulest crime of all and the entire world goes apeshit over it. Operation yewteee, the me too movement etc.

Not even the scum and their control over the government and media will stop outrage over this if it goes to court.

Yes, he came over here to give poor people food.
I’d love if some historian could have looked into that.
Not directly linked but a wee bit of insight to help you understand that this runs far deeper than their despicable club.
I'd confidently guess that this rancid club was set up originally to keep access to their catholic children to have first dibs on abusing them. Over the years as football became every boys dream this only served to strengthen the predators position of luring in young impressionable boys.
A truly vile religion.

I fully understand what your saying and because it’s dragged on for so long it certainly looks that way.
But more and more will come out I believe and going with what was being discussed on here yesterday then this is going to be a big week on this sordid affair. Time will tell I suppose. The relentless efforts by the victims families won’t go unheard either when it comes to British justice. The English FA are onto this now remember. Celtic’s sponsors are being bombarded also with emails and asking for their view. Dafabet being the one that sticks out to me stating they can’t comment at the moment. At the moment? Very interesting reply imo.
I agree like I said it has dragged on but I believe it’s coming. For the victims sakes and their families it has to.

GW203H152

This cünt has been there a long time and knows alright. Peter Lawwell knows.

Peter T Lawwell - CEO
Joined in November 2003 from his position as commercial director with ports and property company, Clydeport. Previously held the position of financial controller at Celtic Park from 1990 to 1991 after filling a number of senior executive positions with international organisations such as ICI and Hoffman-La-Roche and Scottish Coal.

I fully understand what your saying and because it’s dragged on for so long it certainly looks that way.
But more and more will come out I believe and going with what was being discussed on here yesterday then this is going to be a big week on this sordid affair. Time will tell I suppose. The relentless efforts by the victims families won’t go unheard either when it comes to British justice. The English FA are onto this now remember. Celtic’s sponsors are being bombarded also with emails and asking for their view. Dafabet being the one that sticks out to me stating they can’t comment at the moment. At the moment? Very interesting reply imo.
I agree like I said it has dragged on but I believe it’s coming. For the victims sakes and their families it has to.
What was said yesterday?

Indeed. I am not sure where the national investigations are at, are they concluded or still ongoing? Either way, new investigations are required because clearly this group was linked to Savile, the evidence is there. I get the impression that the appetite is not there and many in high places want it to now go away (nationally as well as in Scotland).

I fear you’re correct.

Just hope the appetite is there.

The victims need justice and closure.

Not directly linked but a wee bit of insight to help you understand that this runs far deeper than their despicable club.
I'd confidently guess that this rancid club was set up originally to keep access to their catholic children to have first dibs on abusing them. Over the years as football became every boys dream this only served to strengthen the predators position of luring in young impressionable boys.
A truly vile religion.

Absolutely 50pF.

True, which makes you wonder how justice can be served.
The simple answer to this would be that it won't be mate.
These despicable bastards have people in positions of power throughout Europe and make no mistake, they won't let their sporting wing receive too much punishment.
A few paltry fines, short sentences here and there and we will be told to carry on like nothing ever happened, there will never be true justice for the victims.
Never let them forget what they are.

Back