Cops in the Main Stand

Davie Meiklejohn

Police were in the Main Stand, as far as you can go at the Copland Road side, at full time. Several officers taking statements.

Anybody know why? Hopefully not me losing the plot with MacLean at full time

There was a bit of shouting and pointing going on during the second half, don't know how it started. Stewards appeared and moved two guys out, they were shouting shit back up at some guy. Then the police arrived. Saw them taking statements when I left and there was a guy sitting in the back of a police van on the way out.

There was a bit of shouting and pointing going on during the second half, don't know how it started. Stewards appeared and moved two guys out, they were shouting shit back up at some guy. Then the police arrived. Saw them taking statements when I left and there was a guy sitting in the back of a police van on the way out.

Started when the guy who stands at the door to hospitality (I assume) told someone who was shouting to shut up basically. Looked like it escalated from there.

Similar thing happened to me the other day, when the phone rang. I picked up, but the person on the other end said nothing. Within moments, I almost found myself singing a Rangers song.

:)):))
I do that with my mother in law who's a soap Dodger. Always wait till she gets the 2nd hello out before I either join in or even more fun accuse her of singing bigotry. Falls for it every time :))

I cant remember us having stewards when we stood on the terracing in days gone by , don't know how we managed without them !!

Disputes were usually settled amicably after the combatants had finished their square go. No need for stewards back then.

Saw them at full time too. My mate nipped down about 70 minutes and said it was all kicking off in the concourse. Came back with 5 free pies for the boys though, legend! Hope it happens every week

Back