Cor, blimey!

Whilst there are a fair few I didn't know it's quite surprising how many I already knew and in your psyche (I dare say telly mostly responsible).

Don't think I'll be going to any 'Rub a dub dub' ordering a 'Gay and Frisky' though!

I see the Famous get a mention :D

Last edited:
Is there a picture of Neil Lennon next to 'Iron Tank' in the Cockney dictionary these days..?

My old man used quite a few of this slang even though he was Belfast born and bred.
He went to sea with a few Londoners and maybe that’s were he picked it up ?

His most used was telling us he was going for an Ernie ( McKnight).

Depends on what part of London depends on how things are described
South London use loads unique to to them I asked someone why this was & apparently so they can tell in an instant that you come from the right side of the river you was kosher & sweet as

Bloke walks into a pub.

Barkeep: What’ll it be guv?
Customer: I’ll have a double ‘gay and frisky’ my good man...and spare the ‘Salford Docks’ thank you very much!

Mentalists.

:D

I know a fair few but I've been struggling with some when watching Hazell on Talking Pictures TV. Never saw the first series until now which depicts a very different world to the one we live in now. I'm enjoying it a lot.

I didn't know that the series is based on books written by Gordon Williams from Paisley and Terry Venables the ex footballer and manager.

One I heard in Glasgow years ago but never in London kick in the Coffee stalls - kick in the balls

Whilst there are a fair few I didn't know it's quite surprising how many I already knew and in your psyche (I dare say telly mostly reponsible).

Don't think I'll be going to any 'Rub a dub dub' ordering a 'Gay and Frisky' though!

I see the Famous get a mention :D
They might think you’re a bit Stoke if you tried ordering that up here ;)

Glasgow Ranger = Stranger. Remember discovering this when i moved to London in the 90s!

Once asked a workmate where he was going,he replied “I’m away to the bog for a Jody “

Found out later he was referring to Jody Scheckter lol

Back