Corby Caledonian reach pub cup final.

It says on Wikipedia that Corby had the largest Rangers Supporters Club outside Glasgow and Northern Ireland until in closed in 2013. Anyone know why it closed or indeed if it did close?

100 % closed down mate. sure i heard that they built on it. was bliding over there and many icluding myself on FF went there alot. had many a do over there. sadly missed and was beyond doubt the biggest gers place in england. huge, huge following it had. met some real decent folk from corby over the years.

It says on Wikipedia that Corby had the largest Rangers Supporters Club outside Glasgow and Northern Ireland until in closed in 2013. Anyone know why it closed or indeed if it did close?
Yes, the Corby Rangers Club is no more. Flats been built on the ground where it stood. Not sure of why it closed but I would suspect that Scottish born Rangers fans, that came down in the 60's, passing away and next and further generations maybe not using the club as much.

I always assumed that lots of Scottish steelworkers moved to Corby in previous years hence the massive Rangers following in the town.

Or it might be a staunchness thing. The requirement for one to have perfectly pressed troosers.

Back