Cork City 0-2 Progres Niederkorn

Steve Snedden

Yes their own ground isn't up to UEFA standard

Progres play their European games in Differdange has a capacity of 1800
Really glad you told me that mate, thanks. I would have gone to Niederkorn next week.

Also, the Josy Barthel (national stadium) holds just under 8k.

Was it full last time?

ID10

Official Ticketer
So what’s the status here lads? Sorry to ask

In terms if fixtures days & who we could play?

Arkanoid

Luxembourg it is then, having seen this mob against the Welsh University side we will steam roll them! Downside being we won't have been tested going into the 3rd round...can only hope the Derby and Blackburn ties have a competitive edge and play their best players. In saying that we battered Bury and Wigan in between ties/legs last year but I'd have Shkupi and certainly Osijek as far tougher opposition at the same stage

DougieJones

Luxembourg it is then, having seen this mob against the Welsh University side we will steam roll them! Downside being we won't have been tested going into the 3rd round...can only hope the Derby and Blackburn ties have a competitive edge and play their best players. In saying that we battered Bury and Wigan in between ties/legs last year but I'd have Shkupi and certainly Osijek as far tougher opposition at the same stage
I think comfortable’s good at this stage mate, it all starts in round 3.

ICA_86

Sorry if I haven’t kept up to date - what’s the implications of the Fola Esch game on us?

Valley Bluenose

Sorry if I haven’t kept up to date - what’s the implications of the Fola Esch game on us?
If Fola go through they will be at home to the Sheep the same day we are due to play Progres. Similar situation to the Gibraltar tie and our game would be shifted. Fola look to have lost at home in the first leg so will probably go out. Problem solved.

rangeral

If Fola overturn the1st leg defeat next Wednesday and Aberdeen go through it would ended up as this

Fola Esch v Aberdeen
Progres v Rangers

Both 1st August
Both at National Stadium

Fola Esch are ranker higher and would be priority

Either 30th July Progres v Rangers and 1st August Fola Esch v Aberdeen in Luxembourg

or we reverse the fixture 1st leg on 25th July

All ifs and buts at moment but just a heads up on that could happen

rangeral

Will Dudelange dropping into EL affect anything in terms of game date? @rangeral
Good find

Scheduled to be home in 2nd leg on 1st August , played CL 1st leg against Valletta in the National Stadium on Tuesday 2-2

whether they would use for EL?

Stade Jos Nosbaum used their own ground for EL qualifiers made group stage last season

Last edited:

kirkiebluenose

I’ve just booked my flight home from Charleroi to Manchester on Friday 2nd August for £18 07.00 flight will book my route out after the Fola Esch game on Wednesday

Valley Bluenose

Good find

Scheduled to be home in 2nd leg on 1st August , played CL 1st leg against Valletta in the National Stadium on Tuesday 2-2

whether they would use for EL?

Stade Jos Nosbaum used their own ground for EL qualifiers made group stage last season
By the sound of things, the planned date for the second leg still seems to have an element of doubt about it. Fola look to be on the way out, which will help, but there’s still a chance Dudelange could cause us an issue. Hopefully folks don’t get their fingers burned with early bookings again.

Last edited: