Cork City 0-2 Progres Niederkorn

Luxembourg it is then, having seen this mob against the Welsh University side we will steam roll them! Downside being we won't have been tested going into the 3rd round...can only hope the Derby and Blackburn ties have a competitive edge and play their best players. In saying that we battered Bury and Wigan in between ties/legs last year but I'd have Shkupi and certainly Osijek as far tougher opposition at the same stage
I think comfortable’s good at this stage mate, it all starts in round 3.

Sorry if I haven’t kept up to date - what’s the implications of the Fola Esch game on us?

Sorry if I haven’t kept up to date - what’s the implications of the Fola Esch game on us?

If Fola go through they will be at home to the Sheep the same day we are due to play Progres. Similar situation to the Gibraltar tie and our game would be shifted. Fola look to have lost at home in the first leg so will probably go out. Problem solved.

If Fola overturn the1st leg defeat next Wednesday and Aberdeen go through it would ended up as this

Fola Esch v Aberdeen
Progres v Rangers

Both 1st August
Both at National Stadium

Fola Esch are ranker higher and would be priority

Either 30th July Progres v Rangers and 1st August Fola Esch v Aberdeen in Luxembourg

or we reverse the fixture 1st leg on 25th July

All ifs and buts at moment but just a heads up on that could happen

Will Dudelange dropping into EL affect anything in terms of game date? @rangeral

Good find

Scheduled to be home in 2nd leg on 1st August , played CL 1st leg against Valletta in the National Stadium on Tuesday 2-2

whether they would use for EL?

Stade Jos Nosbaum used their own ground for EL qualifiers made group stage last season

Last edited:
I’ve just booked my flight home from Charleroi to Manchester on Friday 2nd August for £18 07.00 flight will book my route out after the Fola Esch game on Wednesday

Good find

Scheduled to be home in 2nd leg on 1st August , played CL 1st leg against Valletta in the National Stadium on Tuesday 2-2

whether they would use for EL?

Stade Jos Nosbaum used their own ground for EL qualifiers made group stage last season

By the sound of things, the planned date for the second leg still seems to have an element of doubt about it. Fola look to be on the way out, which will help, but there’s still a chance Dudelange could cause us an issue. Hopefully folks don’t get their fingers burned with early bookings again.

Last edited:
If Fola overturn the1st leg defeat next Wednesday and Aberdeen go through it would ended up as this

Fola Esch v Aberdeen
Progres v Rangers

Both 1st August
Both at National Stadium

Fola Esch are ranker higher and would be priority

Either 30th July Progres v Rangers and 1st August Fola Esch v Aberdeen in Luxembourg

or we reverse the fixture 1st leg on 25th July

All ifs and buts at moment but just a heads up on that could happen

Seems pretty simple just to reverse our fixture if needs be

As much as I want to beat them, I don't see the need for revenge over Progress. We were utter dung over two legs and they beat us fair and square. No dodgy refereeing, no questionable penalties. They stuck 2 past a sh*te Rangers team.

In saying that, looking forward to giving them a scudding.

As much as I want to beat them, I don't see the need for revenge over Progress. We were utter dung over two legs and they beat us fair and square. No dodgy refereeing, no questionable penalties. They stuck 2 past a sh*te Rangers team.

In saying that, looking forward to giving them a scudding.
We were dreadful, but we were also unlucky away from home on the night. Not an excuse as it is an embarrassment.

Don't know how I feel about this. Should pump them but getting flashbacks.
I know what you mean, the very mention of their name makes me feel embarrassed.

However we are so far ahead of where we were under that chance Pedro it’s unreal. We apply ourselves and this is a very comfortable win.

Progress is a very good draw for us, if you take the defeat against them out of the equation which is what SG will do he will be happy.
No travel problems, no long journey, temperatures not an issue, do our job properly we should make round 3.
Fans can travel in numbers.

They are obviously no mugs their record the last couple of seasons has been decent, in saying that we really should be taking 2 off them home and away.

Progress is a very good draw for us, if you take the defeat against them out of the equation which is what SG will do he will be happy.
No travel problems, no long journey, temperatures not an issue, do our job properly we should make round 3.
Fans can travel in numbers.

If they had beaten Ufa, which they were quite close to doing, then we would probably have been more prepared for the first match at the Piggery last year.

It's a good trip for fans again, just a shame we will have less than a weeks notice to sort out travel and such.

As time passes by, the notion that we had a shite team then has almost become fact. I had a look recently and we actually had a decent side out, one that should have been able to take care of Progres certainly. The previous tie should serve as a warning that absolutely no team should be treated lightly.
The team that night was.....

Rangers

• 1 Foderingham
  • 9 Miller
  • 2 Tavernier
  • 4 Cardoso
  • 8 Jack
  • 18 Rossiter
  • 5 Wallace
  • 24 Bates
  • 19 Kranjcar
  • 20 Morelos
  • 21 Candeias

Last edited:
Only the Uber stuanch don't see a pumping of Progres as revenge, it was was one of our most embarrassing results in our history, a perfect chance to put that right will do nicely.

Assuming Progres go through what other factors will possibly impact our away fixture date? Other Lux teams Jeunesse Esch, Fola in EL and Dudelange who may drop in from CL exit? Realistically when will our date be confirmed?

Assuming Progres go through what other factors will possibly impact our away fixture date? Other Lux teams Jeunesse Esch, Fola in EL and Dudelange who may drop in from CL exit? Realistically when will our date be confirmed?
Esch are at home first, so they won't matter. Could be confirmed the week before

As time passes by, the notion that we had a shite team then has almost become fact. I had a look recently and we actually had a decent side out, one that should have been able to take care of Progres certainly. The previous tie should serve as a warning that absolutely no team should be treated lightly.
The team that night was.....

Rangers

• 1 Foderingham
  • 9 Miller
  • 2 Tavernier
  • 4 Cardoso
  • 8 Jack
  • 18 Rossiter
  • 5 Wallace
  • 24 Bates
  • 19 Kranjcar
  • 20 Morelos
  • 21 Candeias
Did Candeias not come off the bench, thought Dalcio started?

I got a bit on the 7/5 draw no bet for Progres last night. Crazy that they were 16/5 for the straight win imo.

Only the Uber stuanch don't see a pumping of Progres as revenge, it was was one of our most embarrassing results in our history, a perfect chance to put that right will do nicely.
The most embarrassing result in our history is still the most embarrassing result in our history even if we pump them 15-0 on aggregate 2 years later. There's no way to put it right, it's just a an absolute dogshit of a result from a team that should have been more than good enough, managed by an utter fraud.

F*cking Proges.

I'm in 2 minds, I want to batter them for the previous shambles while never wanting to set foot in Luxembourg ever again.

I can't remember a time when I was more p*ssed off after a defeat.

F*cking Proges.

I'm in 2 minds, I want to batter them for the previous shambles while never wanting to set foot in Luxembourg ever again.

I can't remember a time when I was more p*ssed off after a defeat.

Yep i think that is probably the lowest i have been after a defeat.

Back