Cork City Confirm Rangers Game Will Not Be Moved

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Hope we get Cork for the evening kick off and not having to get away early again

Big Buff

I must've been looking at old pictures of it then mate. To me it looked better than the likes of Inverness.
It's not terrible or anything, it's just a fairly old ground that is run by a club that struggles to keep the lights on.

Ballymena_Loyal

Really would love to get to this but don’t think I have enough points on my travel club to get a ticket.

With the location of the game do u think many fans will still travel to cork without tickets?

Big Buff

Its 2019 and the IRA refebtjy shot a journalist dead in the street while trying to shoot police officers so I think Rangers travelling to Cork will be high risk.
That happened a long way from Cork City.

It'll be classed as high risk, but nothing will happen.

jdm1873

Went to Cork a few years back and it was a cracking place. Can't see them going through to be honest and in light of any potential media frenzy I would prefer a game against progres.

DoubleWhopper

Official Ticketer
I said when this draw was first made, some people are acting like it's the the 1920s.

I've never been to Cork, but i suspect the days of Beret clad IRA men popping up from behind hedges in ambush are a thing of the past. Still, some people are desperate to pretend it could get 'propa norty'.

DazRFC94

Sorry if this has been discussed already I must’ve completely missed it if so. Do we know what leg will be home/away yet?

Bowery Boy

I said when this draw was first made, some people are acting like it's the the 1920s.

I've never been to Cork, but i suspect the days of Beret clad IRA men popping up from behind hedges in ambush are a thing of the past. Still, some people are desperate to pretend it could get 'propa norty'.
It certainly won't be a picnic either. Best scenario for me is a Progres win.

gersandproud

I'd prefer not to draw Cork - for no other reason than the so called mejha will scrutinise every tiny aspect of this & even invent as many negative issues as they can

Now I know that's hardly a good reason & they shouldn't be allowed to create a situation whether it actually exists or not - but that's the practical reality all the same

DoubleWhopper

Official Ticketer
It certainly won't be a picnic either. Best scenario for me is a Progres win.
I'd expect a bit of enmity from the home support when we're belting out GSTQ, but I've watched footage of when we went to Bohemians in the 1980s and i think it's pretty unfathomable that it would descend into that sort of chaos in this day and age. I can't see many of our support choosing to go without tickets either.

All that being said, I suspect it's all a moot point as Progres are probably a better team going by the last few seasons.