Corkerhill Road

Tpol_rfc

Official Ticketer
Is it still closed? Seen this mentioned away back for friendlies I think. Haven't tried that way since buy usually do so.

Still closed. Go on m77 and come off at dumbreck. Will be busy but probably easier than going PRW via mosspark drive.

I think it is a long closure. Total pain in the arse. Traffic is much heavier going towards M77

It’s closed until the end of October. It’s a nightmare for me personally as my gran stays on the street n when the college or anything is on near that way it can take a while to get round the diversion

Pain in the arse, I used to park at Barfillan Drive and walk under the motorway at the back of Asda. Now park at the Sherbrooke.

You can park so far up it if your coming up by cardonald college. I park on corker Hill rd just at where the roadworks start. A complete pain in the arse I agree

Corkerhill Road needed to close for essential works, fair enough, but who sanctioned reducing PRW to one lane at Hillington Road South for non essential repairs at the same fucking time?
Yep they should have temporary removed the bus lane outside Morrisons a bit further along to help ease the traffic. Of course that would be too obvious tho

You can park so far up it if your coming up by cardonald college. I park on corker Hill rd just at where the roadworks start. A complete pain in the arse I agree
Where exactly do they start mate out of interest to see how far wall would be?

Where exactly do they start mate out of interest to see how far wall would be?
They start about the entrance to the graveyard going up towards mosspark boulevard if that's any help. I park just about the graveyard entrance and walk up from there.

They start about the entrance to the graveyard going up towards mosspark boulevard if that's any help. I park just about the graveyard entrance and walk up from there

Cheers folks. That's fine for a walk. So is it basically a straight drive up to there if road closed as opposed to lights at it?
Hi yes just drive through the lights coming from cardonald college way not mosspark boulevard way (that bit is the closed bit) . It says access only but you can drive up about half way

The impact of closing corkerhill road on local residents or business wasn’t ever considered by nationalist council.
I understand the essential works by Scottish Water are to install infrastructure water drainage for constituencies out with Glasgow city council.
Transport links to the main artery of the city centre , forgotten about . You couldn’t rule out, it was a decision taken to agitate the large volumes of local residents who support Rangers.
How anyone can vote for these parasites is beyond logic.

Supposedly it’s reopening for a few weeks during the COP summit then closing again.
Correct , preparations in progress to reopen in time for COP summit in November, all roadworks in Glasgow area to be completed or suspended during the summit, I been working at that site taking away muck etc now we are shipping in type 1 and pea gravel to fill the holes and been told it all to come out again after the summit

Correct , preparations in progress to reopen in time for COP summit in November, all roadworks in Glasgow area to be completed or suspended during the summit, I been working at that site taking away muck etc now we are shipping in type 1 and pea gravel to fill the holes and been told it all to come out again after the summit
Won't someone think of the carbon footprint?

The road is opened back up, never been and never thought I would be so happy to see a road open back up.

Road is Open ! :)

Only a bit of single file traffic at bottom of hill at bus stop before lights.

Anyone envisage all the shit going on will have any knock on effect on travel in this way. Possibly heavier traffic coming on from motorway at silverburn and down that way?

Back