Corner kicks

why cant we do the front post flick on, back post knock across the goal etc

Seems like we chuck it hoping for the best.

I know theres a lot of debate about corners and their value in terms of expected goals and how we fare in that respect.

But why on earth does Tav take all of our corners?

That must be on Clement.

For me Tav should be in or around the box, not for his aeriel threat but for his finishing either directly or from a 2nd ball.

There was talk 3 weeks ago about how weve been focussing on corners/set plays. Absolutely no evidence of this whatsoever.

Are there no other players able to whip a dead ball in ffs!?!?

That is one of the most mystifying things for me.

My mates go on about Tav taking all the corners and free kicks but thats not on Tav. Thats on Clement surely!?

Once again the opposition managed a couple of breakaways after they easily headed clear from a corner and could have cost us a goal. Corners are a liability to us.

Thought the deliveries in the first half were pretty good tbh.

We seem to have no presence attacking the ball. Goldson wins headers every now and then but seems to have a hexagonal head. Souttar never seems to be anywhere near any.

Is my memory deceiving me or was that not one of the things that he changed when he first came in? I thought he’d changed it up but here we are again.

Maybe not, maybe it was all a fever dream.

We get lots of corners n nearly every game and I'm sure it's because opponents are happy to concede a corner as a means of defence as they don't have any concerns about us taking one.

Was the same with previous managers.
He's too much power and needs sent packing.
Should be decided before games.
He takes everything.
Liability.

Hysterical fucking garbage.

Can't wait for the thread shortly about how Tav is in charge of Rangers media and interviews as well.

Few were are actually decent tonight but no person following up on the header one. Like the keepers spilled save in the first half.

Doesn't take away from the fact we're dire from corners. Plus love to hit the first man.

Of all the criticism levelled at the manager recently, corners is the most unequivocal. He said back in Oct/Nov we were working on them. Well, if anything, they’ve gotten worse - that’s an unarguable fact.

Can't wait for the thread shortly about how Tav is in charge of Rangers media and interviews as well.
Took everything when Beale was in charge and has carte blanche to still do it.
Why does no one else take corners, free kicks or throw ins?
I'm the captain, I'm taking it.
Get him to %^*&.

Last 2 games we've had 26 corners and produced sweet FA from them. We can't even use them to keep the pressure on. Tav does a big floaty cross that's cleared with ease.

Took everything when Beale was in charge and has carte blanche to still do it.
Why does no one else take corners, free kicks or throw ins?
I'm the captain, I'm taking it.
Get him to %^*&.

Again, I dunno why you're just making up shite to fit your narrative?

Like I said on another thread, sober up.

Whoever takes responsibility for these are not fit for purpose, if it’s Clement as he has alluded to he should really accept he’s pish at it and delegate.

Exactly.

He obviously is willing to take everything but it suggests no other player wants to take a corner which is surely nonsense.

At training we surely have others hitting corners. Are they shit???

Clement decides who takes the corners. Not Tav.

I agree where are the variations. Short and Front post runs etc. You don't need a new squad to do that.

I'm honestly at a loss at who decides it.

Is it Clement instructing them, is it the players doing whatever the %^*& they want,... ?

Few were are actually decent tonight but no person following up on the header one. Like the keepers spilled save in the first half.

Doesn't take away from the fact we're dire from corners. Plus love to hit the first man.
Goldson had a good effort from a corner in the 1st half which the keeper spilled. No-one anywhere near the ball to take advantage though.

and note that last night the worst corner was the inswinger

Once again the opposition managed a couple of breakaways after they easily headed clear from a corner and could have cost us a goal. Corners are a liability to us.

possibly more down to the inept follow up play rather than the corner itself
i recall a lazy Lundstram header midway in their half that lost possession and ended up back at our goalie

We had a spell previously when we were quite imaginative at corners,even the ball to the near post and Aribo would flick it on paid dividends.
Constantly hoofing it in seems just like hit and hope.

Just embarrassing how bad we are from them. You never expect anything to come from them. Yet when we concede one your in fear we will lose a goal.

Tavernier is one of our better players in the air, he actually has a decent leap on him. Surely it would make more sense for him to be in the box trying to win the header. He can't be the only one in the squad capable of taking a corner?

Why Tav has to hit almost every corner? There was one last night he took from left wing which we lost and he had to scream at someone to cover him at right back. It is tactically the wrong thing to do and I can't believe (I know I am not alone) that there is nobody else that is able to kick a ball into the box at a corner, it is not as if his deliveries are exceptional, they are just balls into the box that anybody could do.

Why Tav has to hit almost every corner? There was one last night he took from left wing which we lost and he had to scream at someone to cover him at right back. It is tactically the wrong thing to do and I can't believe (I know I am not alone) that there is nobody else that is able to kick a ball into the box at a corner, it is not as if his deliveries are exceptional, they are just balls into the box that anybody could do.
Absolutely mental, and every corner from the right and outswinger and every one from the left an inswinger.

Should have one of our strikers on the goalie for him spilling that. You need to teach that or instruct that to Silva. In my opinion Shankland scores there as he sits on the keeper and has penalty box instincts our strikers don't have

Back