Corona the financial leveller or separator.

Bearwithme

Please be kind folks its my first thread.

Just want to know what people in the know think. Do you think Corona will leave us more exposed or Celtic. We have a deficit but they also have a large outgoing. What's everyone's thoughts?

Please be kind folks its my first thread.

Just want to know what people in the know think. Do you think Corona will leave us more exposed or Celtic. We have a deficit but they also have a large outgoing. What's everyone's thoughts?

The bheasts outgoings are far more than ours. A wage bill at almost double. Their cash reserves will be taking a hit and they’ll be looking to sell some players from that squad

What’s the deficit that we have?
Not an expert but we have needed continued investment to break even not sure if it's player and club investment that has given us this suppose wont know until the accounts come out. I'm sure the unwashed will try and enlighten us at some point.

While we will have our own troubles to seek. They had overheads of around 90m last year, thats beyond David Murray lunacy.

The champions league debacle sorts them out, if they qualify.

the champions league money needs spread across the league - it should have been a prerequisite from the diddy clubs when they called the league.

I believe it will effect clubs just like people I'm afraid. The ones already weak will be hurt more. They can weather it better than us. However the fans are the key are we are loyal. Our fans just have to buy the shit out of those new kits and gear if they can afford to. Every wealthy rangers fan or those that do well should be buying their kids/nephews/whatever loads of gear instead of anything else they may get them for birthdays/Christmas etc

Not an expert but we have needed continued investment to break even not sure if it's player and club investment that has given us this suppose wont know until the accounts come out. I'm sure the unwashed will try and enlighten us at some point.
I see. There was the requirement of £10m which was met by investment. It’s been over investment to get us where we are as a growing club. The large transfer fees on a regular basis won’t be required every season and there will come a point where we sell players at good profit too. The Castore deal will see us around £10m a year. On H&H they said we made £950k over 5 year under SD, so significant difference. Europe helps too on the road to being self sufficient. On the other hand they have a £60m wage bill, £26m in debts some will be transfer fees and a model that’s reliant on CL money as it stands. No CL will see them need to sell, it’s not sustainable without CL money. They’re not in a poor shape and nor will they be, but they’re deluded on how rosy things are. We on the other hand are in good shape considering.

I think well be fine, our support is big enough and loyal enough to step up and pay.
As to the others,,i have no idea and i literally do not care

Aye, that won't have been projected for so may have cut it. Although we did lose 5 home games for matchday income.

Who knows what it will be for next season.
Possibly mate. No policing and stewarding on top of not paying staff wages due to furlough might mean the no match day revenue evens its self out.

Not securing CL football will be a hammer blow for them especially now.

They’d have to bring down the wage bill by at least £20m by the end of the year without it. They are paying out more in wages than a club like Ajax who play in a more profitable league and have had decent success in the CL over the last few years.

On a side note I still can’t see Uefa letting that mob sit idle since March potentially win a few qualifying games and handing them CL millions at the expense of English, Spanish & German 4th places teams who have secured qualification on the park.

England & Spain looking to restart and Germany already there. They won’t be happy if the nonce steal one of the very limited places while their teams miss out.

Possibly mate. No policing and stewarding on top of not paying staff wages due to furlough might mean the no match day revenue evens its self out.

I'm not an accountant but I'd be surprised if that was the case when you take into account all associated matchday income eg. hospitality, sponsorship, matchday tickets etc.

We're still paying 20% off staff wages to top up the furlough.

Alex Rae suggested investment was on the horizon in January has that been shelved now?

I womder if the early closure of the transfer window will still be a thing in england. From memory does that not close before the champions league play off game. So if you're trying to sell to England it would have to be done before then.

I'm not an accountant but I'd be surprised if that was the case when you take into account all associated matchday income eg. hospitality, sponsorship, matchday tickets etc.

We're still paying 20% off staff wages to top up the furlough.

Alex Rae suggested investment was on the horizon in January has that been shelved now?
Good point mate. The investment will still be happening, Douglas Park confirmed it in his interview with the Sunday Papers a few weeks ago. I think it’s at least £20m

I think they will struggle financially but will borrow their way through it as they will not sell in their desperation for 10.
Think all clubs will take a few years to recover financially.

I see. There was the requirement of £10m which was met by investment. It’s been over investment to get us where we are as a growing club. The large transfer fees on a regular basis won’t be required every season and there will come a point where we sell players at good profit too. The Castore deal will see us around £10m a year. On H&H they said we made £950k over 5 year under SD, so significant difference. Europe helps too on the road to being self sufficient. On the other hand they have a £60m wage bill, £26m in debts some will be transfer fees and a model that’s reliant on CL money as it stands. No CL will see them need to sell, it’s not sustainable without CL money. They’re not in a poor shape and nor will they be, but they’re deluded on how rosy things are. We on the other hand are in good shape considering.
Agree with you on all but the 10 million from Castore a year that's pretty ambitious if we made 50% profit of all sales that's 100,000 folk spending £200 is that realistic?

Agree with you on all but the 10 million from Castore a year that's pretty ambitious if we made 50% profit of all sales that's 100,000 folk spending £200 is that realistic?
In the interview with Heart & Hand with Castore they said they pay an immediate £3m per year and expect £6m to £9m in merchandise sales, so that’s a range of £9m to £12m, I would think £10m realistic. Also Castore is high end, not cheap, will be interesting to see how much the new strip is!

I believe it will effect clubs just like people I'm afraid. The ones already weak will be hurt more. They can weather it better than us. However the fans are the key are we are loyal. Our fans just have to buy the shit out of those new kits and gear if they can afford to. Every wealthy Rangers fan or those that do well should be buying their kids/nephews/whatever loads of gear instead of anything else they may get them for birthdays/Christmas etc

Love the avatar mate! :p

I think it’s simple

they get champions league - it effects us more because they have that money to offset any loss

they don’t qualify - they either have to take massive risks borrowing in order to get Try and get 10 or they sell a player . The only players that are currently worth enough to offset that loss are eduord and maybe McGregor/Christie.

I think they will try and borrow this season Cos it means so much to their fans but after this season regardless of whether they achieve it or not you will see them downsizing . There wage bill just isn’t sustainable in a country that isn’t guarenteed UCL money . And lawell knows the fans won’t notice the downsizing if they are out celebrating 10 which is his hope

How many qualifying rounds in the CL do the scum have to negotiate?

Four under normal conditions but I've yet to see a road map to complete the current CL and EL campaigns. Once those games are completed, they can start looking at 20/21. Wouldn't surprise me UEFA reduced the number of teams and rounds.

In the interview with Heart & Hand with Castore they said they pay an immediate £3m per year and expect £6m to £9m in merchandise sales, so that’s a range of £9m to £12m, I would think £10m realistic. Also Castore is high end, not cheap, will be interesting to see how much the new strip is!
If that's the case amazing I was under the impression it was 3 million a year then 2 mill above hence the 25 mill reported

If that's the case amazing I was under the impression it was 3 million a year then 2 mill above hence the 25 mill reported
It does look good now you say, but I’m positive that’s what they said to H&H, I’m not sure where £25m came from. When it was officially announced on Rangers website there was no mention of the numbers. It might have been the press guessing or making sure it didn’t seem as good as their Adidas deal!

The fact they have a guaranteed free roll at 40 million again thanks to the Cabal will decide a lot.
Surely prize money isn't going to be the same level it has been in previous years?
I can't see UEFA throwing out the same money with the product severely diminished.

Of the £30m that is ofter quoted, it's worth remembering that is the overall package.

Let's call a 3 match package 120 quid x 60k.
That's over 7 million they wouldn't be getting right away.

We know it'll be written by their lackeys at the record that it's worth 50-60m for them, the truth will of course be nowhere near their pet paper.

When they haven’t qualified for CL groups they have been saved by at least one huge money transfer of £15m plus. Wanyama, van D, Dembele, Biscuit Hips and now Ed. However, values this transfer window will be down. That may give them a decision to make in who they bring in. So for me it may be a bit of a leveller. However god knows what the football landscape is going to look like come August.

They don't actually get £30m for reaching the group stages. They get around £13m for qualifying, £2.5m for each win and £800k roughly for a draw.

They would need to win every game to get £30m.

They don't actually get £30m for reaching the group stages. They get around £13m for qualifying, £2.5m for each win and £800k roughly for a draw.

They would need to win every game to get £30m.

That's prize money alone.

Tickets, Corporate and split of TV money which was £16.45m in 2018 thanks to being Scotland's sole representative

No where near a leveller, honestly think this has set us back 2-3 years.
Don't want to jinx anything but 2-3 years is pretty harsh if we survive financially I think u have the scenario where the rest of the teams will be weakened more than us maybe not as much Celtic but definitely the smaller teams. If we can wipe our face till January and even get some of the investment promised who knows?

Even if they qualify does anyone really think that scale of money will be available next season? 3 qualifiers to negotiate minus fans first.

The fact they have a guaranteed free roll at 40 million again thanks to the Cabal will decide a lot.
It will be just a free roll though, they will not get anywhere near the $40m and the CL might look a lot different next season. Any right minded football person can see what the cabal did in awarding them the title was wrong but it is difficult to argue that they should not be Scotland's nominated representatives in the CL next season.

I would expect those already scrambling about in the mud for decades will die and those near to being in control of their needs to just about make it through.
The one club in the mix with a massive outlay to everyone else will drown in their own cesspit of hate and incompetence to find themselves somewhere they never banked on, how the fk they find the money to pay the players employed (a massive squad, most of who are shit)
On top of this unforeseen pandemic for them (in which a title was handed) the ongoing compensation issue to child abuse victims will never go away and will ultimately be the mighty gun for that despicable club.
My guess is that Rangers, Aberdeen and Hibs, in that order will come through this better prepared than the rest of the Scottish clubs. Just my guess.

I wouldn't count those chickens. Champions League qualifiers? I wouldn't be surprised if they need to start the competition from the group stages.
But then again...
Maybe that's what the real rush was about. Maybe discussed and maybe he thinks there is a chance of an invite for Scottish football straight to the group's.

Just now we have investors bankrolling us, that his helping us just now as our turnover increases and we change our business model. However, no fans at grounds is going to hit every club. 50k Supporters and their cash missing every second week is going to be huge miss, especially when the TV money in this country is pennies.

Celtic will feel of that pain as well, unless they sell Edouard or Ajer or both they will be hit hard financially. They have a £55m wage bill, that just now is just sustainable because of sales like Tierney but if they don't make sales and they have to refund season tickets because there are no fans in grounds then they have a 30-40m deficit to make up.

I wouldn't count those chickens. Champions League qualifiers? I wouldn't be surprised if they need to start the competition from the group stages.
But then again...
Maybe that's what the real rush was about. Maybe discussed and maybe he thinks there is a chance of an invite for Scottish football straight to the group's.
No chance will a team from Scotland get straight into the groups lol.

be funny if they start from the groups tho and can only admit teams from this years UCL & UEL last 16 pa hahaha

It’s almost a certainty they will try flog one of there top players, They do it every single year. If they can’t shift them who knows what happens.

Unfortunately I have a feeling that UEFA will use this an excuse to shut out all of the smaller leagues from the CL for the foreseeable future. Maybe good short term with regards to them missing out, but disastrous for us in the long run.

Back