Correct Lyrics to Blue Sea of Ibrox

All websites online wrongly state that the lyrics are “flied” which is incorrect. I found a club leaflet online there which state the lyrics are “plied”.

2m67qip.jpg

This is what I was referring to about feeling the song was foisted upon us .

Rarely if ever sung at Ibrox before this , hence the reason they had to put the words onto bits of cardboard under everyone’s seats .

As I say not my cup of tea but each to their own .

Yes , I was . Read posts 21,23 and 15 .

I was asked why I didn’t like it . If you don’t like my answer , I couldn’t care less .
You were not asked why you didn't like the song!
Quote me where someone asked you why you didn't like it. You were asked what was embarrassing. That was after you came on and spewed what you didn't like about the song. I couldn't care less whether you like the song or not. I'm just confused at the fact is you despise it rather not liking it

Rarely if ever sung at Ibrox before this , hence the reason they had to put the words onto bits of cardboard under everyone’s seats .

The song was reintroduced to the support by TBO long before that game. The theme of that night was to turn Ibrox into a blue sea with the card display. It is now one of the loudest songs sung at Ibrox, so you are correct about one thing, you are in the minority. I bet you hate The Clash too :D

The song was reintroduced to the support by TBO long before that game. The theme of that night was to turn Ibrox into a blue sea with the card display. It is now one of the loudest songs sung at Ibrox, so you are correct about one thing, you are in the minority. I bet you hate The Clash too :D

Yeh considering I’d been regular at Ibrox from 1979 I don’t need told by you what was and wasn’t sung and when , cheers anyway .

I certainly don’t need a bit of cardboard with the words printed on it before a huge European game either , 90 per cent of which ended up as paper aeroplanes :D while we put our earplugs in to the three tenors .

Get over it . I don’t like it . And I’m not the only one . Your the one obsessing over “ how can someone not like it “ . Go and have a beer .
You never answered, did you swallow the anchor in Yankee land :D

I'm not obsessing I'm just laughing at you digging your heels in. If you don't like it that's fine. Really it is :D

Tbh I don’t see the problem with that. There are a lot of songs that I’ve found on YouTube that I didn’t even know existed. I think it’s good if the club try and promote more Rangers songs.

Rangers Easy Ok has now been pushed by the club and gets a good airing.

This is one of my favourites below and I’ve never heard it anywhere but always listen to it on my phone.

Yeh considering I’d been regular at Ibrox from 1979 I don’t need told by you what was and wasn’t sung and when , cheers anyway .

I certainly don’t need a bit of cardboard with the words printed on it before a huge European game either , 90 per cent of which ended up as paper aeroplanes :D while we put our earplugs in to the three tenors .
1979, you must be old :D

I don’t like the song , and the words are daft , it’s my opinion . I’m not winding anyone up I know I’m in the minority .

I haven’t sailed the wild Atlantic , heard any forties Roar, stormy gates etc .

4 lads had a dream and follow follow resonate with me . Blue sea of Ibrox doesn’t .

It’s a sad day If having that opinion means I’m “ at the wind up “ .

I was meaning what you said about it having no relevance to the club whatsoever?

How can a song about Rangers fans and Ibrox have no relevance to the club?

Reactions: WBD
Never fail to be amazed at opinions on songs. TBSOI is a brilliant song. But music is subjective! There are people out there who don't like The Clash!!!
I find that hard to believe, although I wish they would stop the add on at the end:rolleyes:

Is the correct answer .
Many people don’t know the correct lyrics to follow follow

“ streets be broad or narrow” being sung by too many.
To be fair Follow follow starts Follow Follow, there are bits added before 'straits...' and followed by 'for there's not a team....

Follow follow we will follow Rangers
Anywhere everywhere we will follow on
Follow follow we will follow Rangers
If we go to Dublin (Europe)
We will follow on

It’s never been either to me as I think it’s a bloody terrible song, embarrassing lyrics with no relevance to our club whatsoever .

Give me 4lads had a dream every day of the week over it .
It has every relevance to the club's fans who are living abroad, the lyrics tell you that. It's a great song that recognise's that we have a great worldwide support.

I just don’t like it mate ffs .

I’m not alone BTW. But no wonder nobody else on here wants to admit it if this is the reaction !

Foisted upon us pre match v man united at Ibrox with the words printed on a bit of cardboard and on the screens ? I’ll pass thanks .

Poor song then, poor song now .
When the music cuts oot though....come on man, goosebumps every time.....sing it with me ITS THE GREATEST SIGHT THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN(insert wee cheeky God save the queen here for good measure)

Ships "ply" a route: "the QE2 plied between Southampton and New York for many years."

Anyone singing "flied" is clearly some kind of complete simpleton.

i have had my first drink tonight since 28/12 and find this very funny. Plied 100%.

Axelrod a truly fantastic song. Against Man Utd it was sung at its finest in the champs league.

I think it’s a poor tune , poor lyrics , speeds up at the wrong moment for a football song , fans run out of breath at “ part of every rangers players dream “ , there’s so many faults in it I could be here all day .

I don’t like it - get over it .
Which is why I sing a different line ;)

I don’t like the song , and the words are daft , it’s my opinion . I’m not winding anyone up I know I’m in the minority .

I haven’t sailed the wild Atlantic , heard any forties Roar, stormy gates etc .

4 lads had a dream and follow follow resonate with me . Blue sea of Ibrox doesn’t .

It’s a sad day If having that opinion means I’m “ at the wind up “ .

I’ve never inserted myself into the papal father ?

You don’t have to have done something to sing it mate

Going by your logic the Pope’s gonnae have an arse like the Clyde tunnell

It’s never been either to me as I think it’s a bloody terrible song, embarrassing lyrics with no relevance to our club whatsoever .

I'm confused

Explain how this song has no relevance to our club?

I'm confused

Explain how this song has no relevance to our club?

I’ve said all I’m going to on the subject of the song mate .

I don’t like it . I’m not a merchant seaman , I don’t think it’s a good football song, I think we have far better ones , pretty much sums it up .

Just my opinion- that’s all it is . Take it or leave it .

If I remember correctly MagicDeBoer used to hit out with the same pish about BSOI on the last board.

I think I’ll follow him since he must have taste .

It’s not “ pish “ funkhouser , it’s just not very good .

If you can’t deal with someone not liking a daft song , I feel for you .

Sad .

All websites online wrongly state that the lyrics are “flied” which is incorrect. I found a club leaflet online there which state the lyrics are “plied”.

2m67qip.jpg
I always sang the second verse there (chorus) as:
It’s the blue, blue, blue sea of Ibrox
It’s the greatest sight that I have ever seen
And you see it when the orange beat the green
Rather that “it’s part of every Rangers player’s dream”

Am I guilty of “add ons”?

I always sang the second verse there (chorus) as:
It’s the greatest sight that I have ever seen
And you see it when the orange beat the green
Rather that “it’s part of every Rangers player’s dream”

Am I guilty of “add ons”?

No your words are the original , the club “ sanitised “ it before handing out the cardboard lyrics before the man united game .

Mustn’t have orange beating green sung at Ibrox , think of the children :oops::p

Trolling ffs.
Today it's THE most resounding song when sung. No contest.

I just don’t like it mate ffs .

I’m not alone BTW. But no wonder nobody else on here wants to admit it if this is the reaction !

Foisted upon us pre match v man united at Ibrox with the words printed on a bit of cardboard and on the screens ? I’ll pass thanks .

Poor song then, poor song now .
Poor song
It’s never been either to me as I think it’s a bloody terrible song, strange lyrics with no real relevance to our club unless your a merchant seaman .

Give me 4lads had a dream every day of the week over it . Just my opinion .
I didn’t know a song had to be relevant to everyone?!

Latest posts

Back