Cosgrove (pen)

Galstonian Oranje

Official Ticketer
Cosgrove today scores his 8th penalty of the season.

Are we being blinded a little from seeing the bigger picture of his scoring record, by the amount of penalties he gets?

Half his goals have been from the penalty spot. Maybe not the prolific goal scorer in open play we are led to beleive.

That and all the hilarious ‘Penalty Rangers’ japesters all over social media, who appear to have missed how many the Sheep seem to get. Especially a key one like today when they’re struggling to get past Dumbarton.

Are we being blinded a little from seeing the bigger picture of his scoring record, by the amount of penalties he gets?

Half his goals have been from the penalty spot. Maybe not the prolific goal scorer in open play we are led to beleive.

He is a lump of wood but in fairness you still need to stick them away. Same with Tav last season although sure the media made more of him taking the pens that they do with Cosgrove.

They get a lot of penalties.

To be fair, they still need scored.

Firstly nobody gives a shit about Aberdeen and the amount of penalties they get so it ain’t talked about

Secondly if he was with us he wouldn’t get the chance to take them as they wouldn’t be awarded, rightly or not

The sheep are absolute pants, how the fu(k have they managed at least 8 penalties this year
Probably because referees are under no pressures not to give them a penalty when they should be given a penalty.
Unlike Rangers.
Last night Defoe clearly gets held back in the box, anywhere else on the park it is a clear foul and more often than not a yellow card.
Yes, we eventually did get awarded a penalty, but it was perhaps as blatant a penalty as you will ever witness.
Ergo, if awarding Rangers a penalty Scottish referees need to see that there can be absolutely not a shade of doubt, not a hint of controversy and that the decision is totally above even the slimmest avenue of reproach from the lunatics running the Scottish MSM.

I aint but the media are. Had Morelos taken penalties all season, he would be smashing even more records. Cosgrove (pen) is Average.

Interesting argument, considering his effort in the cup final. I agree with you re: Cosgrove but he deserves credit for his goalscoring record. It's not any less of a goal just because it's a penalty, in fact some players struggle having that much time to think about it. I'd go as far to say, it's one weakness of Alfie, he's a much better instinctive striker imo.

No offence to the OP but it's the sort of pish that the haters were using to belittle Tav's astonishing record last term. I've also never heard anyone describe a player as a 'prolific goalscorer from open play'. Not sure who's being blinded by anything in all honesty?

To be fair to Cosgrove whether rating him or not his scoring record isn't too shabby especially playing for such a Diddy team

Maybe you are but I don’t think many are. We discuss it on here all the time, especially the way the BBC talk him up while talking Alfie down.

I was there today freebie for a 50th bday for hospitality.i have seen Junior players with a better touch than Cosgrove also penalty was a blatant dive i shall await the out cry in the press

Being blinded?

Are you suggesting there is folk among us who rate him as a player? Nutcases.

yes. Without his penalty goals his scoring record is very normal. Much like Dembele.

Cosgrove would be a good 3rd choice striker for us. An no, I don't suggest we buy him.

He scores against the diddy teams, and considering the amount of penalties we have missed this season, to score 8 so far this season is no mean feat.

Another player who has many numerous red cards (at least one against us and one against the tims), and who had a fouling frenzy against us at pittodrie without much media comment...

Said it before on here.I watched him emerge at Carlisle and he was mince.No first touch and not exactly fast.
He has improved a bit but nowhere near good enough for us

It’s his full name these days.
Seldom see “Cosgrove” without “pen” following.

I don’t know enough about Cosgrove but seems to score most weeks. but as most say mostly penalty’s

Bit of paper talk suggesting he’s for the off to the MLS which I quite believe given Aberdeen’s links to their now with the new chairman etc so a New penalty taker required up their

Probably because referees are under no pressures not to give them a penalty when they should be given a penalty.
Unlike Rangers.
Last night Defoe clearly gets held back in the box, anywhere else on the park it is a clear foul and more often than not a yellow card.
Yes, we eventually did get awarded a penalty, but it was perhaps as blatant a penalty as you will ever witness.
Ergo, if awarding Rangers a penalty Scottish referees need to see that there can be absolutely not a shade of doubt, not a hint of controversy and that the decision is totally above even the slimmest avenue of reproach from the lunatics running the Scottish MSM.
Not at all, the BBC report that the first was a scrappy goal from a corner that should have been a goal kick, and the second was from a soft penalty. :rolleyes:

Is it fair to say that he’s a decent player but I also wouldn’t want him to sign for us?

Some of his finishes are very good. He’s scored against the big teams in the league on a semi regular basis too.

He’s perfect for what Aberdeen want to do but he’s not good enough for us.

The boy is garbage. Kicks and elbows his way around the park. He's perfect for the way the sheep play, hoof it into orbit and win it by barging defenders. Never in a million years is he good enough for us.

Can't say he's ever stood out when we've played him the last few seasons. His penalty count won't be considered at the end of the season when Scottish pundits compare his record to alfies as a way to show that alfies scoring record isn't that special.

I'd take him as a squad player tbh, sit on the bench when either Alfie or Defoe aren't there, but hes worlds away from being picked ahead of those two.

He obviously knows how to score against the dross of the league and it would weaken the sheep, but there is zero chance they'd sell to us anyway.

I was there today freebie for a 50th bday for hospitality.i have seen Junior players with a better touch than Cosgrove also penalty was a blatant dive i shall await the out cry in the press

That's what I thought when I saw it at first last night but there was another angle show and it's a clear penalty.

I think people want him signed because they always want that option of punting it into the box for someone to win a header. I dont know why though cause he is a big cart horse and with his elbows and cheeky stamps he does he would get sent off for us all the time.

Hes a more dangerous player than some of the shite the sheep have had up front over the past few years (I'm looking at you Stevie May) but take away his penalties and his stats arent quite as impressive.

That's what I thought when I saw it at first last night but there was another angle show and it's a clear penalty.

I think people want him signed because they always want that option of punting it into the box for someone to win a header. I dont know why though cause he is a big cart horse and with his elbows and cheeky stamps he does he would get sent off for us all the time.

on his showing yesterday and what my mates say that are honest about his talents and not your typical bitter aberdeen fan who watch him week in week out he maybe scores but because aberdeen are so direct it suits him he wouldnt be able to play in a team that plays football as u say i watched him gove away countless fouls yesterday and also get away with at least the same amount of fouls that should have been given again as the ref didnt give them he would be sent off every other game playn for us and also is no where near even being a squad player for us

Back