World Cup 2022 Costa Rica v Germany, Japan v Spain, Canada v Morocco, Croatia v Belgium - Thursday 1st

Looking at Germany's main red top the headlines aren't about Japan's goal and VAR but the dropping of points earlier in the competition plus the flight home being organised before their match for Friday afternoon!
German pundits here are saying ball was in, and that it was correct to give the goal if the referees felt the footage was inconclusive.

I wonder how the English pundits would have analysed it if they had been in Germany‘s shoes tonight. They‘d likely silll be talking about it in ten years time :D

6-AA06251-3-AB0-4-AF3-AB3-C-EF5592185-DF2.jpg

Case closed
wwe-popcorn-big-e-gif-3xkNUy3Vh8QbPmJZjK
eating-popcorn-oh-yeah.gif

Hi Doc. I hope, eventhough I am German, I am not an arrogant c..t. The team went out due to their own inabilities, no whining about a Japanese goal that might by off line. But why always these bad feelings in general. Always open for critic, but there seems some inexplicable and unnecessary undercurrents.
Nobody likes to see Die ManShaft flop

German pundits here are saying ball was in, and that it was correct to give the goal if the referees felt the footage was inconclusive.

I wonder how the English pundits would have analysed it if they had been in Germany‘s shoes tonight. They‘d likely silll be talking about it in ten years time :D
In 56 years time. As Tyldesley did tonight.

What gets me is why the feck VAR final decision needs done by the on field ref. If the guys in VAR room are all qualified Grade 1 refs, and have all this tech and angles and ability to discuss with each other, why does the on field ref need to ever go look?

Because The Referees decision is final.

Hi Doc. I hope, eventhough I am German, I am not an arrogant c..t. The team went out due to their own inabilities, no whining about a Japanese goal that might by off line. But why always these bad feelings in general. Always open for critic, but there seems some inexplicable and unnecessary undercurrents.

I do apologise, I was just having a joke and I had hoped that was conveyed in the way I had posted.

FFS, my favourite band in Helloween, I love the Germans :D

Reactions: SDR
Glad the Germans are out - moralising on a grand stage forgetting that they had permanently stained Europe in blood - good riddance - woke pish

I do apologise, I was just having a joke and I had hoped that was conveyed in the way I had posted.

FFS, my favourite band in Helloween, I love the Germans :D
Same as below. Apologies from my side, too ;need to get adopted to your sense of humour, . So deep into everything Rangers . Helloween, better check out old ACCEPT. Cheers

The problem now is, whatever someone proves one way or another, it will be forever questioned.

One for the conspiracy theorists.
The answer then is goal like technology right around the perimeter . Wonder how much that would cost to prevent a situation like tonight that happens once a year

The answer then is goal like technology right around the perimeter . Wonder how much that would cost to prevent a situation like tonight that happens once a year
The ref on ITV said the goal line tech would have the definitive answer as it sees beyond the goals

On ITV news the ball looked out to me but I don't think they have the technology to prove it. Incredible Japan in this group.

The heart breaking thing of tonight is I’ve went from kents chance would likely have been ruled out to there’s a damn good chance if it goes in we are are Europa league champions

Football fans are learning what tennis fans have known for years, about the whole of the ball, including its curvature, crossing the whole of the line.

#HawkeyeLoyal
doesn't hawkeye in tennis only go by the part that touches the ground though?
we've seen calls that show the slightest gap between the hawkeye 'mark' and the line.
The ball would have to be flattened fully in half for the curvature not to be hanging over the line.

It's impossible for the naked eye to judge where the spherics of the ball start and finish so it's always been a case of if the contact area of the ball is out then the ball is out of play
It's impossible for the naked eye to judge where the spherics of the ball start and finish so it's always been a case of if the contact area of the ball is out then the ball is out of play.

It's up to VAR to prove that the spherics of the ball mean it hasn't left the field of play and thus far they haven't proved it. We need to see what the official who overruled the onfield officials saw.

Should be quite easy to produce these I imagine.
Utter tripe

That photo in post #1039......the crossbar is not in line with the goal line. Its the angle of the dangle. ;)

All that done tonight was bring back the Ryan Kent chance in the final ....horror story .those who said the ball was out that night ,after seeing that tonight nochance

doesn't hawkeye in tennis only go by the part that touches the ground though?
we've seen calls that show the slightest gap between the hawkeye 'mark' and the line.
The ball would have to be flattened fully in half for the curvature not to be hanging over the line.
Hawkeye doesn't "look" at images of where the ball landed at all.

Honestly though, the absolute stupidity of Hansi Flick. A league manager in charge of a national team.

There are three games in the group stages, not 30 odd in a league season and 6 in a European Group stage. You need to win your first game, avoid defeat in the second and then see what you have to do in the 3rd game.

There is no time to "make up for lost points".

He had a striker with 10 goals in 12 games in the Bundesliga and benches him for old man Muller in the first game to play out of position and lead the line. Fullkrug plays 66 minutes over three games, scores 2 goals and gets an assist.

Forget the goal.

The big incident and major talking point for me is that a Japanese player in the second half went down in a heap after going up for header and it WAS a legitimate foul.

PS, they were worth their win in the second half.

Back