Could an Old Firm women's match fill Ibrox or Celtic Park?

Woman's football is just flogging a dead horse, hardly anyone is interested. Also sick of them ramming equality down our throats. I do wonder who's cooking the dinner when these birds are appearing on match of the day.

I don't think they could even come close to selling it out. I attended a ladies match against Glasgow City last year and there were maybe a couple of hundred there a lot of which seemed to be friends and families. The appetite to see them is just not there at the moment, perhaps that will change in the future as the ladies game grows.

The keepers are horrendous , a traffic cone would be better but in the interest of equality I suppose I’m not good at washing up and darning socks.

I doubt they would get more than 10000 to watch women's old firm game, although with the investment that we are putting into our women's team now I would expect interest in them to increase.

It would get a really decent crowd as far as womens football goes but it would be nowhere near a sell out.

I'm not counting free/heavily discounted tickets.

Only reason I'd ever attend a women's game would be if my daughter was playing. Womens football is awful and don't get me started on the goalkeepers.

Even women dont watch womens football. You need the men to be intrested which we are not. If it's marketed right though, because its an 'auld firm', you might get a few thousand there. Nothing more than a colts game really.

Isn't the poor goalkeepers down to the fact they're smaller than men but playing in men goals?

There's a big difference to having a 6 feet giant in goals and a 5'4 woman. Those extra 8 inches make a huge difference between saving and the ball being impossible reach.
Haud the bus.
For years now feminists have been telling us that women are just as good as men at everything and are comparable physically. You pointing out obvious facts about the way men and women are built will do no good at all.
they will soon be requesting women sized goals

Isn't the poor goalkeepers down to the fact they're smaller than men but playing in men goals?

There's a big difference to having a 6 feet giant in goals and a 5'4 woman. Those extra 8 inches make a huge difference between saving and the ball being impossible reach.
images

If it was a couple of quid max, then it could potentially draw a decent crowd, a sell out would be optimistic.

Closest barometer I can think of is the old reserve leagues 80s/90s and the OF games still used to draw huge crowds when they were played at the stadiums,

If people want to support it thats up to them, hope they enjoy it.

Personally have no interest in it whatsoever and find the way it is being forced down our throats a bit tiresome.

Can see it, even if as some posters suggested the tickets were as little as a couple of quid, just don't see the fans that travel from all over the country giving up the time to travel for it.

We could do it for one game, it'd be good PR, Hype it for weeks, get the schools involved, give tickets out to the locals, big family day, keep the price enough to pay the staff. We could do it.

Probably hard getting them back though but it'd be some boost for the women.

I have no interest in their fitbaw btw.

I don’t think it would. I’m female and have absolutely no interest in women’s football and I know many like me. I would probably look out for the score but that would be it for me!

Nope.

Nothing against them playing football but I've watched a few women's English FA Cup Finals (which should really be the creme de la creme) and they have been a really poor standard.

Not being flippant when I say this but you can go watch a better standard in the Juniors, infact I would wager that a top Junior team would beat most (if not all) women's International teams

Maybe if it was included with your season ticket it might get a few people going but no more than a few thousand.
Women's football is shite

£5 for adults and kids free. You might get around five thousand. It's not for me but the womans game is becoming more popular now.

I have no sexist issues whatsoever with anyone wanting to play any sport of their choosing. My issue is that that sport or event should be able to attract it's own audience, on it's own merits, without it being rammed down everyone's throat at every opportunity.

You see, to me, it's quite simple. If people want to watch something, they will get off their arses and go and watch it or pay to watch it from home. That in turn attracts sponsors and advertisers. All of that means there is more money in that sport, which improves the quality. It becomes a virtuous circle.

If a sport can't stand on it's own two feet without massive promotion and PC virtue signalling, it should be allowed to die. That's natural selection for ye. :))

I have no sexist issues whatsoever with anyone wanting to play any sport of their choosing. My issue is that that sport or event should be able to attract it's own audience, on it's own merits, without it being rammed down everyone's throat at every opportunity.

You see, to me, it's quite simple. If people want to watch something, they will get off their arses and go and watch it or pay to watch it from home. That in turn attracts sponsors and advertisers. All of that means there is more money in that sport, which improves the quality. It becomes a virtuous circle.

If a sport can't stand on it's own two feet without massive promotion and PC virtue signalling, it should be allowed to die. That's natural selection for ye. :))

Pishing myself at how your post starts off all 'each to their own' and ends with death :D

True tho mate, 100%

The desperation to be equal with men's football turns a lot of us against it. Women's football is what it is. I just wish they would stop shoving it in our faces as if we have some duty to care about it.

I think women’s football is highly overrated. I don’t think they would get close to 10,000. Maybe if they distribute tickets to the schools then it would be a bit higher but no way would it fill it.

not sexism. This whole womens football scenario, boils my blood. Totally ridiculous that
TV, media, sponsorship and pro. clubs are throwing so much money and publicity at an
amateur sport, played by people who would lose a football match, against an under 21,
average mens amateur team (at best).
When I think of the number of lesser sports even, packed with great young talent, of both sexes,
and would love a fraction of the backing, to help them progress to real achievement.
Its a joke, but the PC brigade now rule the roost. Worlds f....d.

not sexism. This whole womens football scenario, boils my blood. Totally ridiculous that
TV, media, sponsorship and pro. clubs are throwing so much money and publicity at an
amateur sport, played by people who would lose a football match, against an under 21,
average mens amateur team (at best).

When I think of the number of lesser sports even, packed with great young talent, of both sexes,
and would love a fraction of the backing, to help them progress to real achievement.
Its a joke, but the PC brigade now rule the roost. Worlds f....d.

Worse than that.

The US Women's team, World Champions, were beaten 5-2 by FC Dallas u15s team. Laughable really.

Back