Could and should we change the F word for the C word?

dh1963

The word 19th Century Terrorist means Irish Republican and is political not sectarian. But the narrative here is too far down the road, those who feign offence have got the law, the media and generally accepted public opinion on their side. While I hate the thought of us having to change to suit our enemies, it's obvious we have to or the club we love will end up suffering.

I've read a few times over the years we just change the word 19th Century Terrorist to the word Celtic and the same songs with the same sentiments become untouchable. Celtic are the very embodiment of 19th Century Terroristism in Scotland, but they are just the name of a football club. If Killie fans can be up to their knees in Ayr blood then we must be allowed to be up to ours in Celtic blood. If cheer up to a sad Dundee bastard is acceptable, so must a Celtic one.

It becomes football club rivalry and not religious or political. Even if we mean the same thing.

Could we do that? Should we do it? Are the words so embedded they could never change to the majority? Or would a campaign to do this have a chance?

You'd think they would be allowed but you can guarantee in this country we wouldn't get away with it, plus i'd guess there would still be plenty who sang the original and add ons

We should do it as we simply aren't going to win by continuing using 19th Century Terrorist. We know there is an agenda and we know it's all one way but things are only going to get worse for us if we clean up our act.

Sort ourselves out then continue to highlight incidents where we are the victims. Constantly. That's the way to beat this.

The songs have been sung for over 40-50 years, it will take another 20-30 for the word change to take effect.

And anyway, lets be honest , it doesn't matter a jot, they will just turn to something else.

When everything was quiet and they had nothing to moan about they went after the hokey cokey ffs.

Until the people with warped minds (the want to be offended, make a living out of claiming there is a problem) are put in the corner with the rest of the dunces, we should try and play them like the preveriable flute

The club could really do something here.

Play our songbook with the right wordswords on the jumbotrons while operating a zero tolerance on sectarianism.

Although, I'm very much still in the camp that the club should reject the narrative of our enemies.

We can change anything we want but they will just come after us for something else.
Why not just stand up to them and tell them we are not for changing.

The club could really do something here.

Play our songbook with the right wordswords on the jumbotrons while operating a zero tolerance on sectarianism.

Although, I'm very much still in the camp that the club should reject the narrative of our enemies.

They’re never going to put “up to our knees in Celtc blood” on the big screens!

If we don't change them, they will try and ban the songs with the add ins in them.

It's not hard. We do iit oin our bus already.

Up to our knees in EBT's is a regular swap.

There is a lot of politics at the moment I think we should consider not changing it but challenging it when appropriate if it is regarding CFC and their supporters in the media , club or politics I would use paedophiles

If we don't change them, they will try and ban the songs with the add ins in them.

It's not hard. We do iit oin our bus already.

Up to our knees in EBT's is a regular swap.

Mate , the board were advised years ago that us singing the fucking tune of the billy boys tune was not allowed, even with the words change we were told not to sing it, someone please correct me if I am wrong!

It has nothing to do with words, it has nothing to do with sectarianism.

As I said before, prior to an OF game we had an MSP telling us Hokey Cokey was sectarian ffs.

The word 19th Century Terrorist means Irish Republican and is political not sectarian. But the narrative here is too far down the road, those who feign offence have got the law, the media and generally accepted public opinion on their side. While I hate the thought of us having to change to suit our enemies, it's obvious we have to or the club we love will end up suffering.

I've read a few times over the years we just change the word 19th Century Terrorist to the word Celtic and the same songs with the same sentiments become untouchable. Celtic are the very embodiment of 19th Century Terroristism in Scotland, but they are just the name of a football club. If Killie fans can be up to their knees in Ayr blood then we must be allowed to be up to ours in Celtic blood. If cheer up to a sad Dundee bastard is acceptable, so must a Celtic one.

It becomes football club rivalry and not religious or political. Even if we mean the same thing.

Could we do that? Should we do it? Are the words so embedded they could never change to the majority? Or would a campaign to do this have a chance?
Said this for years, so simple!

Either that or rebel. Change it to c then that'll be another complaint despite other clubs singing about their rival
Changing it to Rebel isn’t a bad shout.

The only drawback is that they would lap it up and treat it like it was recognition, which it would be in a way because they are utter Rebel bastards.

We hate celtic, green hun bastards.

Up to our knees in green hun blood.

Syllables fit. Takes ownership back of hun term to be used against them as it originally used to be. And since media widely accepts their hun explanation of being just 'enemy' they wouldn't be able to go after us on it without properly redifining it's meaning as sectarian and needing to going after them for using it as well.

Would confuse the shit out of mentally challengeds too.

Win win.

Hullo hullo we are the Rangers boys.
Hullo hullo you’ll know us by our noise
We’re up to our knees in Celtic blood
Surrender or you’ll die.

No different to killie, hearts or Dundee.

It’s not hard is it.
It's not good either . is the name Billy now offensive as well?

Raining on the parade but there are too many in our support determined to say the word in question, regardless of the damage it does to the club's image.

Sadly now, as soon as "hullo, hullo" is belted out, it won't matter what words are in it, the entire song has been associated in the media as sectarian so I can't see changing one word fixing it.

Raining on the parade but there are too many in our support determined to say the word in question, regardless of the damage it does to the club's image.

Sadly now, as soon as "hullo, hullo" is belted out, it won't matter what words are in it, the entire song has been associated in the media as sectarian so I can't see changing one word fixing it.
So killie etc can belt it out ? No probs.

We can Sing Hullo Hullo, from stand to stand and pass it about ? Why not. It gets to the opponents. They chopped off our balls like a dug, they neutered us.

Tbh the whole thing is a pile of ‘right on’ sh1te. So it’s fine to call someone a ‘bastrd’, ‘fat’, ‘baldy’ or whatever...but it’s not to call someone ‘19th Century Terrorist’, ‘black’, ‘orange’ (which I wouldn’t give a fvk about).
Whole thing’s nuts, they should ban swearing at people as well, ban kids from insulting other kids in the playground...just ban human nature. Sticks and stones.
Someone does something to harm another person cos of what they are that’s different, other than that just words.
Things are so different now since when I was a kid....I should have been born 50 years earlier ffs.

And chick young getting abuse cos he blames any real hatred of other people on going to different schools.....of course he’s right, lot harder to dislike people cos of colour, religion etc when everyone sticks to their own.
How these fvkwits claiming they are discriminated against 2nd class citizens can get away with claiming that, but also claiming it’s right to segregate kids is beyond me.

The public order laws devised and modified at Holyrood are designed to criminalise, emasculate, control and silence Rangers fans. They are so draconian and so wide ranging, they will ensnare us no matter what we sing. It doesn't have to be sectarian, bigoted, homophobic, xenophobic, racist, sexist, or against the recipes of Kentucky Fried Chicken.

All it requires, is for one person to find it offensive or objectionable, and a case against us can and will be pursued. Changing the words to our songs won't make an iota of difference to the enmity and antipathy shown towards us. That will only end, when they achieve their objective, of stopping us singing altogether.

Back