Could Barry Douglas be one of the signings?

sneddon38

Don’t know if a thread is already on this but reckon Barry Douglas PF Leeds will be a decent back up to Borna. I know he’s been linked before and just thinking if he’s one of the potential signings for next week.

A year left on his deal so it's possible we could do a deal with Leeds.

Not had the best of luck in his two seasons at there though - missed quite a bit through injury and he's the wrong side of 30 now.

Would prefer we looked elsewhere but wouldn't be totally against his signing.

I still think he would be out of our price range. Plus never going to come here at this stage In his career to sit in stands or bench. If Borna was sold I would love him as a first choice left back.

it's in the main rumours thread, a few people have mentioned barry, i wouldn't be averse to him being back-up

Would happily take Douglas.

Not a slight on Barisic but if we could make a significant profit on him and bring in a player like Douglas then it would make sense to do so.

He would be a very good addition to the squad, Borna does need competition and Douglas could certainly add that. I'm sure he is a Rangers fan too.

He is mate, he mentioned on a podcast that he's from a big Rangers supporting family in Pollok.

In true FF style though i'm sure at least one person will pop up with "He's a Rhabid & was a member of the Govan Republican Flute Band as a boy".

Doubt he would be back up to Barišić - or come to be back up.

Defending is a weakness of Douglas plus he's had his problems with injuries.

No for me.

If Barry Douglas was available at the right terms, we should be all over this. One of the problems, as I can see, is that we have certain players who are likely to be selected most weeks. As a result, there is zero competition for that position and complacency can set in. You can be sure that if Borna knows that we have Barry Douglas in the squad, he is going to be busting a gut to stay in the team. Also Barry is versatile enough to play further forward as well. I get that we are not going to be paying huge salaries for back up players, but we also need to realise that we do have certain players who are marketable and could be sold if the right offer comes in. Borna fits into that category.

A mate of mine is a fanatical Wolves supporter and I remember him being absolutely gutted when they sold him to Wolves. Felt that he had been their best player when they won the Championship and didn't get an opportunity in the Premier, because his name didn't end with 'inho'!

Would be a decent signing that could cover anywhere down the left if needed. Good player and I know he is 100 percent a bear as he's from my hometown and I know plenty of people here that still keep in touch with him.

Don’t know if a thread is already on this but reckon Barry Douglas PF Leeds will be a decent back up to Borna. I know he’s been linked before and just thinking if he’s one of the potential signings for next week.
My mates friend is on the ground staff at Leeds. He said a deal has been done for him.
jJust passing on what he told me

Meling from Rosenberg on a free is a far better player and won’t cost a fee aside from signing on, Douglas is a decent player but we need better than decent

Would be a decent player for us I think. Could only see us bringing him in if Barisic was to leave, will be on decent money at Leeds.

Does he fit in with current thinking ? The mantra of buying young talent, improving and selling on was the desired outcome ?

We have players on well north of that

You can carry a few midfielders and strikers on decent money and rotate them, or tinker with their positions. Can't really do that with two left backs of roughly similar quality and I don't think it is an effective use of the limited funds available. You want one who plays more or less every game when fit to play in a consistent back 4, and somebody else who is fairly capable to cover for injuries and the occasional rest.

I would love to bring in Barry Douglas.

A couple of concerns though one being his recent injury record he has missed a lot of football that 2 years but I guess if he was brought in as competition/backup that is slightly less of concern.

A second being his wages I'd imagine he will be a decent wage being at Leeds Utd do we really want to spend that on someone as competition/backup?

A third at this stage of his career does he want to go to a club as competition/backup or will he want to go somewhere and play? May make getting him a wee bit more difficult.

Doubt he would be back up to Barišić - or come to be back up.

Defending is a weakness of Douglas plus he's had his problems with injuries.

No for me.

Defending is a BIG weakness of his, anytime I've watched him he's been liable at the back.

You've seen the treatment Tav gets on here, can only imagine what Douglas would be in for if we signed him.

Douglas is a very good player. Fantastic left foot and great delivery. I would love him here as a signing.

Can’t see that happening. I think Alfie has his sights set a bit higher than Leeds United.

Could be a good move for Alfie Leeds are a massive club and heading for EPL, a decent season or 2 there and he could get a bigger club.

I would expect a good fee and sell on.

I like Douglas as a player and have posted before about signing him. Would be good back up if the wages were right.

You seem to pan everyone we are linked to

Our defence get slated for being poor defensively. Douglas isn't a solid defender.

I'll pan players I don't think are good enough: Shinnie, Taylor, Kamberi, Dykes etc just like last season with Stewart, Barker, Jones.

We aren't paying a few million plus heafty wages for some one to.be back up to Barišić when other areas of the first team need addressed.

Can’t see that happening. I think Alfie has his sights set a bit higher than Leeds United.

I agree that he will be aiming higher but think Leeds would be a great move. A huge team that will be pushing for top half.

Certainly better playing there than at a diddy team with no fans such as Bournemouth or Brighton.

Not that I want him going anywhere though!

Back