Could HIbs or Hearts challenge for the title this season. ?

monkey magic

Its early days, yet but a hypothetical to ponder. If any of them actually won the League, they would automatically gain almost £ 30 million CL money. ? Yes, its a boring Monday night. lol

If only they joined forces.

On aserious note, depending on how we perform we should be keeping an eye in them.

They will hit a bad patch and fade.

At this moment in time they are more likely to end up with more points than the scum.

Would highly doubt it. If Hibs kept each and every player fit between now and the end of the season as well as maintaining their current form without dropping many points then perhaps they could. This is hypothetical of course.

We all know that’s highly unlikely to happen.
There’s more chance of the bheast from the east keeping Angeball as a going concern for the remainder of the season…

It would be mental though, to see Hibs or Hearts in the CL Group section. lol

£ 30 million spending money could see players they'd never dreamt of playing for either of those clubs.

Both the only unbeaten teams in the league so far. However hibs unbeaten run ends this Sunday and hearts ends in a couple of weeks.
They’ll both start to fade away in a couple of months. Don’t mind either racking up the points though if it means extra pressure on the tinks

They’d need a lot of luck with injuries and for us and, realistically, that lot to have both injury trouble and catastrophic meltdowns. If we took our eye off the league with an epic European run, it might help them but I don’t think we’re good enough to do that this season.

Nope

Both have had good starts before but always fade away however this will be their best chance to get 2nd place.

Neither Hearts or Hibs will finish second, never mind challenge for the league

They’ll finish 20+ points behind the eventual winners

Yes they could, especially when covid is an issue. I expect one of them to finish 2nd.

I think they will both fade away. If they are still there or thereabouts come Christmas then I'll change my mind.

It's very difficult, largely due to the fact that they have to play us and them four times per season each.

Take Hibs. By the time the season's out, they'll have played 8 out of their 38 matches against us and the scum. That's potentially two trips to Ibrox and two trips to the Piggery.

Given the financial advantage us and the scum have over Hibs, it's very difficult for them to finish above us having played against us so many times.

If it was a simpler format - everyone plays each other once at home and once away - then they'd stand a much better chance.

People talk about Leicester, but they won the EPL which operates under the above format. If they had had to make multiple visits to places like Anfield, Stamford Bridge and the Etihad that season, they would have eventually dropped too many points and their title challenge would have ended.

Celtic are an absolute basket case right now. Hibs won't win the title, but they really should be aiming for 2nd place. Celtic have no divine right to finish in the top 2.

Personally I would love to see Hibs or Hearts finish 2nd and reach the CL group stage. Highly unlikely I know, but it would be interesting to see what the knock on effect of a non-Old Firm side getting CL cash would be.

The best answer to this came from Dick Advocaat at a time round about this time of year and Hibs had started well.

On Radio Scotland Chick Young put this same question to Dick who literally burst out laughing. "No...no."

I agree that they lack the depth required for a sustained title challenge. If one of them could fvck over the bheasts by finishing second, I'd be ok with that.

No. Both are reasonably big games coming up for us but neither will challenge come New Year..

both will fade away over the next few weeks

I know what you mean if/when we beat both. They will still be close until Christmas beating the other dross in the league then fade away running out of steam, They’ll still be ahead of c*ltic at that point :))

Hibs kept up with us in the 1st round of games last season too no? Then they just fell away, the only difference is we ain’t clicked yet this season

Nope, just the usual bluster and puff from the capital teams for the first 4/5 months then they'll fold up their own arses.

Back