Could Hilander be our new Gough?

fmp

I think the big Swede is underrated...he got a great couple blocks in as well.

Everyone says he is slow but he’s vary rarely caught out for pace. Very important player that will be 7/10 most games.

He may not win MOTM awards but his consistency is what I like.
He was slow, last season. Whether it was specific acceleration training, work in the gym or just recovery from injury - he is now a lot quicker off the mark than he was. He will never be a speed demon but his acceleration is no longer a potential liability which is how it looked last season.

Papac

No but I'm not even thinking remotely about comparative ability. Gough was a Premier League level player moving here in his prime. In the modern game, any player of that level of ability would only be moving in the opposite direction for 10x the money on offer.

Hap Hapablap

Absolutely no fears with the big man at the back now, I admit to his lack of pace giving me the fear at the start, but he has proven me wrong.

Andrew79

I'm worried that Manchester United realise how bad Harry McGuire is and think helander would be a good partner for Lindelof

Russell

He was slow, last season. Whether it was specific acceleration training, work in the gym or just recovery from injury - he is now a lot quicker off the mark than he was. He will never be a speed demon but his acceleration is no longer a potential liability which is how it looked last season.
Yes I know he has been fit now a few months & his match fitness has improved but he was never caught out for a goal last year. Hopefully his good form continues.

TwoBadMice

Its a Yes from me

ive made this comparison a few times

if the balls in the air its on his head and he’s getting better and better

CoplandRearGer

Any chance our players can just be praised for their performances rather than the ‘new *insert player*’ based on a tedious link to either their nation or position.

WattieSmith

Good defender, but IMHO not in the same league as Gough, Gough had leadership qualities that took us over the line so many times.

change consent