Could Hilander be our new Gough?

No but I'm not even thinking remotely about comparative ability. Gough was a Premier League level player moving here in his prime. In the modern game, any player of that level of ability would only be moving in the opposite direction for 10x the money on offer.

Absolutely no fears with the big man at the back now, I admit to his lack of pace giving me the fear at the start, but he has proven me wrong.

I'm worried that Manchester United realise how bad Harry McGuire is and think helander would be a good partner for Lindelof

He was slow, last season. Whether it was specific acceleration training, work in the gym or just recovery from injury - he is now a lot quicker off the mark than he was. He will never be a speed demon but his acceleration is no longer a potential liability which is how it looked last season.
Yes I know he has been fit now a few months & his match fitness has improved but he was never caught out for a goal last year. Hopefully his good form continues.

Its a Yes from me

ive made this comparison a few times

if the balls in the air its on his head and he’s getting better and better

Any chance our players can just be praised for their performances rather than the ‘new *insert player*’ based on a tedious link to either their nation or position.

Good defender, but IMHO not in the same league as Gough, Gough had leadership qualities that took us over the line so many times.

Back