Could Hilander be our new Gough?

Fair point made on Sportscene last night (hope it wasn’t ginger baws) about his experience of playing in Italy and how well the Italian teams defend. He’s a no nonsense type and is exactly what we need. Compare him to the big dud they have on loan and he’s on a different level.

He is an absolute Rock for us. We hardly ever lose goals when he plays. I'd be surprised if we have been beat 3 or 4 times with the big man playing.

I’ve been saying this a lot to my dad and mates recently. He can almost go a full match without you noticing he’s playing.
he tends to just quietly win his own duel and occasionally pop up with something you’ll notice and think “well done big man”
To me he’s like a centre back version of Papac. A total steady Eddie who just does his job with no fuss. I love him. His calmness and consistency are massively understated for us.

Steady op.

Big Fil was brilliant apart from one lapse. Could do with brushing up on his long range distribution.

I was worried about his pace last season. Doesn’t seem to be an issue this season. Great defender and has worked up a great partnership with Goldson

I think the big Swede is underrated...he got a great couple blocks in as well.

Everyone says he is slow but he’s vary rarely caught out for pace. Very important player that will be 7/10 most games.

He may not win MOTM awards but his consistency is what I like.
I think we are seeing the best of him now he's finally injury-free, looks quality.

I think the big Swede is underrated...he got a great couple blocks in as well.

Everyone says he is slow but he’s vary rarely caught out for pace. Very important player that will be 7/10 most games.

He may not win MOTM awards but his consistency is what I like.
He was slow, last season. Whether it was specific acceleration training, work in the gym or just recovery from injury - he is now a lot quicker off the mark than he was. He will never be a speed demon but his acceleration is no longer a potential liability which is how it looked last season.

Back