Could Prague sneak back in?

According to Sky Sports News UEFA will meet to decide whether to expel the 12 ESL clubs from this seasons' UEFA competitions, if Arsenal are turfed out, surely they will not reinstate Prague???

They will want games to be played, especially to keep the TV companies onside just now, so will not want to give out byes.

I think that would be the ultimate mockery and show that while the ESL are financial pirates, UEFA is morally bankrupt, not much to chose from there.

They’ll find a compromise, I don’t agree with it and frankly its disgusting the way these 12 clubs are holding the game to ransom but they’ll do a deal. UEFA won’t want 12 massive clubs (cash cows) leaving

What about the CL Real Madrid put Liverpool out so it doesn't go back to Liverpool. Who gets that spot?

Of course they will and drop any bookings they got over the two legs plus the prize money to cover any expenses and fines they received

I thought they were grandstanding, going for a bigger slice of the pie and UEFA would compromise, but with all the resignations and court papers flying around, I think they are serious this time.

For me if they kick the breakaway clubs out then they should do a lucky loser draw for the remaining spots. No chance PSG, Neymar and co want handed a Champions League trophy. Broadcasting contracts vital to fulfil too.

So all the losing teams in the Champions League and Europa knockout stages get a fair crack back in.

I don't think anything can be done with regard to this season's European tournaments. So far the clubs have stated their intention to form a new league, but until they actually formalise those intentions it's still moot. What UEFA and the member associations need to do is agree a course of action that they will take if the relevant clubs progress their actions to the next stage. The sanctions from UEFA, should those clubs continue with their plans, should then be advised to the clubs concerned. It needs to be done on a stage by stage basis.

Ban them from Europe next season but complete this season’s competition would be a better alternative at this stage.

Ban them from Europe next season but complete this season’s competition would be a better alternative at this stage.
I think chucking them out now would send out more of a message. But i dont think theyll do it theyll threaten to d it for next season in the hope they can find a solution over the summer

I think chucking them out now would send out more of a message. But i dont think theyll do it theyll threaten to d it for next season in the hope they can find a solution over the summer

I agree on the message and it works be brilliant to see but in reality I just can’t see it happening at this stage of the season. I would guess it might potentially create further TV & sponsorship issues that would discourage UEFA from doing it. I don’t think they’ll want to bring back teams that have been eliminated and so that would mean awarding PSG the Champions league without any further games (this is where I’d guess a problem would arise with TV & sponsorship).

Surely you have to be a member of the ECA to take part in either competition? They have all resigned from the ECA so should be ineligible. Or have I got it wrong (again)?

Back